Mallee FL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby Big Dog » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:18 pm

CM you sounds like you would fit in nicely a BDT because they are full of it to. BTD along with karoonda would be the two most overated footy sides in sa country footy always world beaters half way through the year. As for this year no one will get close to Lameroo, picked up a ruckman from westies and a couple of others with no outs, Maynard coaching both grades and playing big effort. Lots of outs a Karoonda Martin,Wakefield,Mclean,Fidge,Cross and more out with no ins.Haven,t heard much about pinnaroo only they have picked up a ruckman from the south east. My mail is lots of pick ups at murrayville and peake they should be the big improvers this year.
Big Dog
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby GWW » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 pm

Big Dog, do you know where the OUT's at Karoonda are going? Martin to Mypo i've heard, Crossy back to Ramblers in a coaching capacity? McLean and Fidge back to Imps?? Maloney to Ramblers?? Wakefield to Mannum??
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby crowmuncher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 am

scottroo wrote:travis carling returns from overseas soon, will be interesting if he signs with peake (his home town) or returns to his city club, the bloke is a gun

I wouldnt expect Trav to sign. My feeling he'll return to London apparently he's not having a bad time with the Ladies..
crowmuncher
Rookie

Postby crowmuncher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:20 am

Big Dog wrote:CM you sounds like you would fit in nicely a BDT because they are full of it to. BTD along with karoonda would be the two most overated footy sides in sa country footy always world beaters half way through the year. As for this year no one will get close to Lameroo, picked up a ruckman from westies and a couple of others with no outs, Maynard coaching both grades and playing big effort. Lots of outs a Karoonda Martin,Wakefield,Mclean,Fidge,Cross and more out with no ins.Haven,t heard much about pinnaroo only they have picked up a ruckman from the south east. My mail is lots of pick ups at murrayville and peake they should be the big improvers this year.

Yeah I can see Lameroo being up there there a great outfit and if not for the choke in the GF last year would have won the game quite comfortably, I think their time is now though as BDT have a lot of youth on their side and can easily run over the types of Lameroo and Pinnaroo. Karoonda attempting to buy a premiership appears to have failed with half the team leaving. Peake I expect will improve slightly but not cause any damage to the ladder. Murraytville still have some debt's to fix up from all that spending on a flag a couple years ago , so I dont expect them to feature too much come finals.
crowmuncher
Rookie

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:24 am

New coach Heath Rogers seems to be doing some work at Murrayville.

Rian Crane's returning, a quality player.
Kevin and Shannon Wyatt will also be playing.

Justin Hentschke (?) will be playing.

and BIG NEWS Jodie McCloy is playing as well (I guess the Mjaskalo influence remains). But he's looking pretty large these days - he certainly won't be the player he was at Pooraka.

With jodie playing - does that mean the might Mick O'Malley will be returning?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby crowmuncher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:New coach Heath Rogers seems to be doing some work at Murrayville.

and BIG NEWS Jodie McCloy is playing as well (I guess the Mjaskalo influence remains). But he's looking pretty large these days - he certainly won't be the player he was at Pooraka.

Ryan Crane is a top bloke, and a great player guess he's not giving Westies a crack anymore, big pickup
crowmuncher
Rookie

Postby The Gimp » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am

Dogwatcher wrote:New coach Heath Rogers seems to be doing some work at Murrayville.

Is that the Mick O'Malley that played at Torrens Valley last year, the one that hit Kym Pearce (runner) in the finals?
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:44 am

Not sure.
Might be.
Wasn't sure where he played last year.

What happened in that incident?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Gimp » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:57 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Not sure.
Might be.
Wasn't sure where he played last year.

What happened in that incident?

Torrens Valley were starting to get beaten by Kersbrook and a bit of a fight erupted near the boundary with O'Malley giving a couple out (and copping a couple). The fight broke up and Kym Pearce was running water and was mouthing off (nothing unusual for him) at O'Malley so O'Malley ran over to Kym and hit him!!! Kym kind of ducked so Mick didn't get him real well and then they wrestled for a bit before they were pulled apart.

You should have seen all the Pearce brothers run down from the clubhouse (at Nairne) and fire up!!! They were looking for a fight with anyone they looked at them!!! It was just like back in the 80's again!!!

I think O'Malley got something like 8 games for it, but I'm not sure.
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Man - that's nuts.
Deserved plenty more games I'd reckon. I'm guessing the fact the runner was inflaming the situ got him a bit of a reprieve.

This Mick is he a rover type?
I played with him at Pooraka - only remember him as being wirey.
Makes me think - if he's been a paid player all these years - what have I been missing out on!!
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:50 pm

You wouldn't be missing out too much where your playing Dogwatcher.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby The Gimp » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Man - that's nuts.
Deserved plenty more games I'd reckon. I'm guessing the fact the runner was inflaming the situ got him a bit of a reprieve.

This Mick is he a rover type?
I played with him at Pooraka - only remember him as being wirey.
Makes me think - if he's been a paid player all these years - what have I been missing out on!!

Wirey is definately the word to describe him!! He's also going bald and looks nothing like a footballer but he can play a bit. More of a handy half forward/pocket who can kick a few goals than a rover - prob getting a bit too old to rove.
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:06 pm

Supaveteran wrote:You wouldn't be missing out too much where your playing Dogwatcher.

Are you kidding Supa? Seriously hope you are.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:06 pm

TG - sounds like my man. Too old??? Man - he's only 29! You're making me feel old.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Gimp » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:TG - sounds like my man. Too old??? Man - he's only 29! You're making me feel old.

With that bald head he looks like he's pushing 40!!!
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Only Joking Doggie.

Not enough water in the river to pay players these days.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Thank God Supes. I thought that rumour had died ages ago - and then it resurfaces...lol

As for paying - water in the river or rain from the sky mate - all the same. Although there are still some clubs spending dough.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby crowmuncher » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:19 pm

Heard a whisper that a ex SANFL player will be signing with Karoonda next year, only found out literally 5 mins ago not sure on the name but got a rough idea looking at their history may have only retired 2-3 years ago and record dollars for the league I briefly herad..

Will post more asap..
crowmuncher
Rookie

Postby Down&Out » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 am

CM can't wait for your next post! I am interested in the years you played interleague up there??
Down&Out
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby crowmuncher » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:17 pm

Anyone got any inside word on the recruits Peake had out at training last nite, pretty handy Ive heard... :D

Now I know i'm completely contridicting what I have previously posted, but with a few juniors standing up this year also and a couple recruits in the likes of Downs and Dunn Peake may even be vying for a Top 4 spot.. Time and Injuries will tell
crowmuncher
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy