Club Fundraisers

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Club Fundraisers

Postby the big bang » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm

What are some of the different fundraisers you club does? not just during the season, but in the off season aswell?

Does your club hold regular functions every year or do they mix it up a bit?

And what else do they do apart from functions?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Club Fundraisers

Postby A Mum » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 pm

The best one I've heard of is at Myponga....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but apparantly they divide the oval up, sell 'squares' on the oval for $50 and then let a cow loose... then they wait for the cow to 'you know what' and then whose ever 'square' it goes on wins $1500.

:lol:
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Flying Ant » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:23 pm

A Mum wrote:The best one I've heard of is at Myponga....

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but apparantly they divide the oval up, sell 'squares' on the oval for $50 and then let a cow loose... then they wait for the cow to 'you know what' and then whose ever 'square' it goes on wins $1500.

Cow Pat Lotto!!! Now there's a spectator sport we can all enjoy! :lol: :lol:
What does this button d.... CRAP!
Flying Ant
Under 16s

Postby BJ Ernest » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Myponga call it 'crap for cash'

They also have 2.50 schooners (might be 1.50) all day so they get royally hammered and have a great laugh, its this Sunday if anyones interested. Watch out next Saturday for the cow pat tho!!! :D
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby A Mum » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:43 pm

BJ Ernest wrote:

They also have 2.50 schooners (might be 1.50) all day so they get royally hammered and have a great laugh, its this Sunday if anyones interested. Watch out next Saturday for the cow pat tho!!! :D

True !! .... hope they 'clear' the oval off before the next game...lol... it might get lost in the mud :lol:

When I got told about this event I thought what a great idea !!... and how much fun would it be.. :lol:
A Mum
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:25 pm

I think Loxton Football Club do something pretty similar from memory...
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 pm

I've heard of a few clubs doing mouse races??
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Our club does a $100 club - you pay $100 at the start of the year (which also gets you into home games) then each home game there's a draw for $100 cash. At the end of the season we have 3 big cash draws with 1st receiving $1500. Seems to work well, but as with a lot of these kind of things, the sellers often end up buying a lot of the tickets themselves.

At the cricket club, we had a great raffle one year, wheelbarrow full of booze, plus whatever other bits and bobs can be donated by players/supporters etc (you'd be surprised what you can pull together) the raffle off tickets for $2 a pop. Sell 1,000 and you'll net around $1,500.

Another good idea from our club is at home games hold a raffle for the winning margin, no of points scored by the home side etc.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Love the crap for cash.

That's obviously where the term 'cash cow' comes from.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby kappars » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:23 am

silicone skyline wrote:I've heard of a few clubs doing mouse races??

Mouse cups are great, they get people of all ages involved and dressed up like a day at the races. I know of a few clubs that do the event and everyone has been a great money maker and an even better night out at your local club. Check out the site - http://www.mousecup.com/index.html
Aslo a reverse raffle is a great night and has a great atmosphere.
kappars
Under 18s

Postby A Mum » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 am

What is a reverse raffle ?? :)
A Mum
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:10 am

A Mum wrote:What is a reverse raffle ?? :)

We do something like this at our club, called the Back-to-Front Draw. $30 a ticket (guys tend to buy a ticket between 3 blokes), 100 tickets get sold, over the one night 99 tickets get drawn out. The first out gets their money back. Whoever is 3rd last wins $250, second-last $500, and the last ticket left standing wins $1k.

Makes about $1200 or something.

We stretch it out over a night, draw 10 then have a break, gives people time to get to the bar etc, makes a bit through booze too.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby kappars » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Pag wrote:

We do something like this at our club, called the Back-to-Front Draw. $30 a ticket (guys tend to buy a ticket between 3 blokes), 100 tickets get sold, over the one night 99 tickets get drawn out. The first out gets their money back. Whoever is 3rd last wins $250, second-last $500, and the last ticket left standing wins $1k.

We stretch it out over a night, draw 10 then have a break, gives people time to get to the bar etc, makes a bit through booze too.

Thats it mate you can do it with as many tickets as you like, and raise more money by keeping 20 or so and running auctions during the course of the night. When you only have around 10 tickets left you can auction one or two off and they go for around $200 or more for the pair.
kappars
Under 18s

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:08 pm

BJ Ernest wrote:

Already booked a sicky. Its a great day, $2 schooners,free lunch if you have a ticket and they have a girls footy match. C'mon square 100!
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby LuvsFooty » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:53 pm

kappars wrote:
Pag wrote:

Thats it mate you can do it with as many tickets as you like, and raise more money by keeping 20 or so and running auctions during the course of the night. When you only have around 10 tickets left you can auction one or two off and they go for around $200 or more for the pair.

Reverse Raffle is gold. Ours made about $4500 clear which I think is good going. But Kappars is spot on about the "Mouse Cup"! Absolute crack up and another very good money spinner.
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

BEST COUNTRY FOOTBALL CLUB EVENT / FUNDRASIER

Postby cuzzy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:23 pm

As the economic crisis gets worse footy clubs will continue to loose money as people can no longer afford to drink cartons after every game. What events have worked well at your club and have made decent amount of money, eg reverse raffle, mouse cup etc.
cuzzy
Under 18s

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy