Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby norm11 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:11 pm

hairy cat wrote:
norm11 wrote:I believe hamley new coach is an ex player. Rowe? Maybe.

Andrew Rowe
The only one rings a bell back late 80s when the bombers where true blue

That’s him.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby power tragic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am

Very hard to attract new players to a club that has been on its knees for the past few years. The only way they can get out of the hole is to throw huge money at some key players and then hope they stick around for a 3-4 year plan to get some success. Will need to use all of their available points to get even close to matching with any side as next year I think the top 2-3 may be a class above but any of the other sides besides Hamley could push for finals berth.
power tragic
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Number7 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:45 am

power tragic wrote:Very hard to attract new players to a club that has been on its knees for the past few years. The only way they can get out of the hole is to throw huge money at some key players and then hope they stick around for a 3-4 year plan to get some success. Will need to use all of their available points to get even close to matching with any side as next year I think the top 2-3 may be a class above but any of the other sides besides Hamley could push for finals berth.

No different than any other club really.

Attracting players, keeping players and keeping match payments under control is all part of running a successful club. You also need to recruiting mates of mates and get numbers in. Develop the senior colts as much as you can.

Other similar clubs like Two Wells, Untied have done this for years.
Number7

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 am

Number7 wrote:
power tragic wrote:Very hard to attract new players to a club that has been on its knees for the past few years. The only way they can get out of the hole is to throw huge money at some key players and then hope they stick around for a 3-4 year plan to get some success. Will need to use all of their available points to get even close to matching with any side as next year I think the top 2-3 may be a class above but any of the other sides besides Hamley could push for finals berth.

Attracting players, keeping players and keeping match payments under control is all part of running a successful club. You also need to recruiting mates of mates and get numbers in. Develop the senior colts as much as you can.

Neither of those clubs have ultimately bottomed out to the extent Hamley Bridge did. If any club lost all 21 of its A grade side, odds are they'd have struggled to that extent too. Rebuilding from getting belted by 40 goals every week, while having half the junior numbers of other larger clubs, is a massive task. The club's committee was also a bit gun-shy regarding player payments following the epic collapse in 2015, which was understandable.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby 23rd man » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:11 pm

When did United last achieve holding on to their whole playing list???? Let alone holding onto decent kids that could be potentially of the A grade standard?? Two Wells.... Don’t get us started there’re!!! They are the most successful club for junior footy and should have won a lot more premierships than they have, in saying that give them a few years and I reckon they’ll be well above where we all think they will be....
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Snags » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:18 pm

OnSong wrote:
Number7 wrote:

Neither of those clubs have ultimately bottomed out to the extent Hamley Bridge did. If any club lost all 21 of its A grade side, odds are they'd have struggled to that extent too. Rebuilding from getting belted by 40 goals every week, while having half the junior numbers of other larger clubs, is a massive task. The club's committee was also a bit gun-shy regarding player payments following the epic collapse in 2015, which was understandable.

2010 two wells didn’t make finals.
2011 only won 2 games and finished equal bottom. Only above hamley by percentage. (Would say that’s bottoming out)
Then in 2012 won there first flag in 25 years by gaining key players in key positions and have kept them since. Anthony pontt being the example.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 am

If you consider Two Wells of 2011 to be in the same ballpark as Hamley 2015 then there’s no reasoning with you.
OnSong
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 am

OnSong wrote:If you consider Two Wells of 2011 to be in the same ballpark as Hamley 2015 then there’s no reasoning with you.

No way did we bottom out in 2011 so I agree with you OS. We won 3 games in 2011 but also lost 5-6 games by under 15 points and off the top of my head those close loses cost us a finals spots. Lost to Mallala and Virginia by under a goal and were a fairly competitive side despite the W/L record. Snags is right about the recruiting though. Bugs brought in 5 key position players which topped the side off nicely. 16 of the 21 that played the last round of 2011 played in the premiership the next year. Hamley are in a far far far worse position then TW of 2011
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Snags » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:00 am

OnSong wrote:If you consider Two Wells of 2011 to be in the same ballpark as Hamley 2015 then there’s no reasoning with you.

Not as bad as hamley 2015 at all. I was just trying to point out it hasn’t always been smooth sailing.
Snags
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:09 am

My opinion wrote:What happened to the previous coach it seems they go through coaches every two years how can they become competitive if they can’t keep the man in charge no player would entertain the thought of playing for them if the have no structure... will it be another 0/16 season? What players are moving on?

Couldn't have that coach keep going, gets too angry t the players busting their arses, better suited to a more seasoned group. Not sure his record warranted another season at the helm, for either party.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
My opinion wrote:What happened to the previous coach it seems they go through coaches every two years how can they become competitive if they can’t keep the man in charge no player would entertain the thought of playing for them if the have no structure... will it be another 0/16 season? What players are moving on?

Couldn't have that coach keep going, gets too angry t the players busting their arses, better suited to a more seasoned group. Not sure his record warranted another season at the helm, for either party.

He was coaxed to go on for another season after 2017. Think it was mutual by the end of 2018 that he moved on and that's understandable. Tough gig.
It's positive they've locked in a replacement already.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am

OnSong wrote:He was coaxed to go on for another season after 2017. Think it was mutual by the end of 2018 that he moved on and that's understandable. Tough gig.
It's positive they've locked in a replacement already.

Yep, got some good kids out there, the comp needs them to be viable.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby power tragic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Pretty Quiet on the coaching front from other clubs does that mean they have all re appointed the current coaches?
Anyone heard anything from their clubs?
power tragic
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Josh Gould re-appointed late in the season for HWE
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Snags » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Cheeky Seccafien is going again at two wells!
Snags
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 pm

All been reappointed or new to Hamley according to the Producer, Virginia??
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:57 am

Awaiting an announcement at the Rams, think it will happen this weekend.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am

OnSong wrote:Awaiting an announcement at the Rams, think it will happen this weekend.

Any candidates?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby barrys antz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:Awaiting an announcement at the Rams, think it will happen this weekend.

Any candidates?

Mark Jamar heard on the rumour mill,with brother craig to follow
barrys antz
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Snags » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:02 am

Two wells sign Caleb Edmead for 2019!
Very handy inclusion.
40 odd league games/100 odd reserves games under his belt at Centrals and Norwood respectively!
Been around the club functions last couple years with being good mates with a few of the lads, so it was good to hear pen went to paper.
Snags
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy