Top 4: Two Wells, Mallala, Hummocks, Balaklava
Premiers: Two Wells by lots
Mail Medal Favourite: Ethan Kwaterski
Mail Medal Roughie: Dylan Wise or Sam Michael
Leading goal kicker: Shane Moss
Biggest Team Improver: Hummocks or United
Biggest Team Slider: Angle Vale
Rookie of The Year: Some kid from Two Wells most likely

Heard yesterday Tigers beat Nth Clare by 2 goals and peckers nly won by 4 gls against them.
Maybe gap from top to bottom really has closed up a bit
Dr. Pink
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:09 am

Minor premiers: Two Wells
Top 4: Two Wells, Balaklava, Mallala, United
Premiers: Two Wells
Mail Medal Favourite: Barnett
Mail Medal Roughie: Dunn
Leading goal kicker: Edmead
Biggest Team Improver: Two Wells (is that possible?) / United
Biggest Team Slider: Virginia
Rookie of The Year: Taheny from Hummocks comes with big wraps
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:28 am

Live stream of Two Wells v Balaklava tomorrow on the SA Regional Footy Facebook page.

Two Wells has strengthened its list bringing in Aaron Dart and Jakob Thomson and seemingly no departures.

Balaklava has 6 changes from its GF team, with Mackenzie Best (Wirrulla/Rostrevor), Brad Lymn (CEU/Rostrevor), Corey Waters (CEU), Nick McElroy (Blyth/Snowtown), Lachlan Hendry (injury) and Sam Williams (Cougars/Crystal Brook) coming into the line-up.

Barely recognise the Hummocks line-up and a lot of changes to Virginia too.

Angle Vale looks stronger on paper.

Keen to see how the young Magpies go against a rebuilding United on Tuesday too.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:27 pm

Round 1 done and some talking points out of the weekend.

Mallala's refreshed younger side too good for a rebuilding United outfit on Anzac Day. Really like the look of the youth they've been able to bring into the fold and will continue to improve throughout the season you'd think. Big fan of Jack May and Jack Heaslip, who have had somewhat limited opportunities in recent years with the amount of senior players in the squad.

A stack of new names for both HWE and Virginia at Port Wakefield but the Eagles looked too sharp on paper and proved to be the case, even without the likes of Josh Studham and Tait Nottle.

Angle Vale a step ahead of Hamley Bridge again, storming away in the last quarter with 6 goals to 1. Recruits did the goal kicking as Scotty Mumford hit the scoreboard with 4, while Josh Bayliss was best for Hamley and booted 5 himself.

The Two Wells v Balaklava grand final rematch was a one-sided affair after the Roosters kicked the first 8 goals of the game to run out eventual 11-goal winners. A lot to like about Jakob Thompson who kicked all 5 of his goals in the first half. That said, his tackle on Logan Olsen was reportedly a talking point. He received a yellow card for the incident but watching live and even on replay, that call looked marginal but you could make a case. Word is if it was taken to the tribunal that incident could have attracted a several-week penalty. It doesn't appear that late or malicious but certainly somewhat dangerous if you consider what's happening at AFL level with regard to the slinging action. You can see the replay at the 20-minute mark of the second term or 1.09 into the broadcast. https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=591987436220671

Hearing clubs have been issued some communications about these incidents since...
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:28 pm

OnSong wrote:Round 1 done and some talking points out of the weekend.

Mallala's refreshed younger side too good for a rebuilding United outfit on Anzac Day. Really like the look of the youth they've been able to bring into the fold and will continue to improve throughout the season you'd think. Big fan of Jack May and Jack Heaslip, who have had somewhat limited opportunities in recent years with the amount of senior players in the squad.

A stack of new names for both HWE and Virginia at Port Wakefield but the Eagles looked too sharp on paper and proved to be the case, even without the likes of Josh Studham and Tait Nottle.

Angle Vale a step ahead of Hamley Bridge again, storming away in the last quarter with 6 goals to 1. Recruits did the goal kicking as Scotty Mumford hit the scoreboard with 4, while Josh Bayliss was best for Hamley and booted 5 himself.

The Two Wells v Balaklava grand final rematch was a one-sided affair after the Roosters kicked the first 8 goals of the game to run out eventual 11-goal winners. A lot to like about Jakob Thompson who kicked all 5 of his goals in the first half. That said, his tackle on Logan Olsen was reportedly a talking point. He received a yellow card for the incident but watching live and even on replay, that call looked marginal but you could make a case. Word is if it was taken to the tribunal that incident could have attracted a several-week penalty. It doesn't appear that late or malicious but certainly somewhat dangerous if you consider what's happening at AFL level with regard to the slinging action. You can see the replay at the 20-minute mark of the second term or 1.09 into the broadcast. https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=591987436220671

Hearing clubs have been issued some communications about these incidents since...

I saw that vision its not great. Looks innocuous but these things need to be reported this day and age.
I hate seeing vision of games because there is all sorts of wrong with that part of play.
1. Player wasn't reported
2. Player was given yellow card, yet there was no 50m penalty given to Balaklava. Procedure manual clearly states what the send off procedure is and that includes a 50m penalty (not 25m)
3. What did the umpire give a free kick and yellow card for? If it was a sling or dangerous tackle it just proves they saw it happen yet failed in their protection of the player with the ball.
4. That looks like senior umpires including someone who is supposed to be in charge / mentor umpires across 3 leagues.

This might sound harsh leading into umpire appreciation round, however it is important that the ball player is looked after and the umpires are prepared to report incidents like this.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby OnSong » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:50 pm

All fair points. In the first instance I didn't mind how it was handled but you make a pretty decent argument all the same, particularly around the application of the rules in place etc.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Observer55 » Mon May 08, 2023 6:50 pm

When was the last time United won two games in a row?
Observer55

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 09, 2023 9:40 am

Observer55 wrote:When was the last time United won two games in a row?

Will be a good battle under lights Saturday night @ Balaklava too.

I seen them a couple of weeks ago, Virginia kept coming back at them but they just kept finding more, they will improve as the season goes on.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun May 14, 2023 9:15 am

Cracking game @ Virginia yesterday, Virginia got off to a flyer and led until late in the last, the lead sea-sawed a bit until Hamley kicked two late goals to seal the victory.

The comp is in as good as condition as it has been for sone time, apart from Two Wells being well ahead of the pack, the rest of the comp is very competitive. There has traditionally been one team copping hidings each year but even the winless Virginia have only been thumped by Two Wells.

I kind of think the top 4 will finish in the current order, I thought Hummocks looked better than 1-3 though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Hector » Mon May 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Cracking game @ Virginia yesterday, Virginia got off to a flyer and led until late in the last, the lead sea-sawed a bit until Hamley kicked two late goals to seal the victory.

The comp is in as good as condition as it has been for sone time, apart from Two Wells being well ahead of the pack, the rest of the comp is very competitive. There has traditionally been one team copping hidings each year but even the winless Virginia have only been thumped by Two Wells.

I kind of think the top 4 will finish in the current order, I thought Hummocks looked better than 1-3 though.

It's good to see Angle Vale and Hamley having some success. I know when AV entered the league it wasn't a well liked decision (and still isn't but an 8 team comp is better than a bye in my opinion), especially when they focused on juniors the first few years, but it's paying dividends for them now.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby hairy cat » Fri May 19, 2023 10:53 pm

Sadly the tribunal in my opinion is becoming obvious to most is a joke
Video footage early in the year from the big fella at Two wells was deemed inappropriate to some
The footage is the issue for people to judge
What I’m hearing is a spear tackle from an owl has put a football career on hold with a serious concussion
Plead guilty and get 1 week yep
Umpire did you really see it?
No I think he’s guessing as the lad had already kicked the footy and not too many witnessed this
In AFL terms this is a 6 week penalty
A stuff up by the people in charge of the tribunal and player welfare
Consistency is what we’re after not a botched review
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Snags » Mon May 22, 2023 9:17 am

hairy cat wrote:Sadly the tribunal in my opinion is becoming obvious to most is a joke
Video footage early in the year from the big fella at Two wells was deemed inappropriate to some
The footage is the issue for people to judge
What I’m hearing is a spear tackle from an owl has put a football career on hold with a serious concussion
Plead guilty and get 1 week yep
Umpire did you really see it?
No I think he’s guessing as the lad had already kicked the footy and not too many witnessed this
In AFL terms this is a 6 week penalty
A stuff up by the people in charge of the tribunal and player welfare
Consistency is what we’re after not a botched review

I think you will find that the tackler got off completely and played on the weekend.
The kid has had a CT scan on his head and will re assess in a month if he’s good to play… ridiculous considering the rules being preached about dumping blokes in a tackle
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby hairy cat » Mon May 22, 2023 10:43 am

Had a seizure on the field of play !!
None of this taken into consideration
If this incident was at a higher level I’m sure the tackler would be on holiday for 4 weeks
Some people running this league need to reassess a few rules
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon May 22, 2023 3:53 pm

Same issue on Saturday, a bloke throws 6 haymakers and the guy comes in and bumps him on his arse gets sent off. The bloke throwing punches is a playing assistant coach and should know better. Umpires continuously miss head high tackles on players, especially younger players and when you ask the question get given 50m penalties for disent. Really??? Very poor umpiring standard.....
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:08 am

So...er...heard there was a bit going on in the Two Wells v Virginia match on the weekend?

A few reports and a send off? Back to the old days!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Snags » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:35 pm

Been abit quiet on here this year.
How does everyone see the year finishing off?
Are balaklava doing their usual come good at the right time with a massive win against mallala?
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:18 pm

Snags wrote:Been abit quiet on here this year.
Are balaklava doing their usual come good at the right time with a massive win against mallala?

It's clearly Two Wells' flag to lose after an extremely consistent season. Got an excellent swag of kids either in the side or waiting in the wings too so depth won't be an issue.
Who they play on GF day will be of interest as the next three sides are extremely close. The massive win against Mallala on the weekend was something to behold but you wouldn't expect to see that sort of margin against Mallala for another 20 years.

Best chance for the medal for each club:
Angle Vale: Lachy Mitchell
Balaklava: Lachy Michael
Hamley Bridge: Angus Judd
HWE: Ethan Kwaterski
Mallala: Kale Olds
Two Wells: Luke Barnett
United: Jarred Allmond
Virginia: NFI - Only saw one match this year
OnSong
Coach

Postby Hazbeen » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:04 am

OnSong wrote:

It's clearly Two Wells' flag to lose after an extremely consistent season. Got an excellent swag of kids either in the side or waiting in the wings too so depth won't be an issue.
Who they play on GF day will be of interest as the next three sides are extremely close. The massive win against Mallala on the weekend was something to behold but you wouldn't expect to see that sort of margin against Mallala for another 20 years.

As i see all the votes I can tell you that you have 5 of 7 correct for leading vote getter for their club
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby 23rd man » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:00 pm

Judd wins by a couple from Kwaterski and Allmond.
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Snags » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:04 pm

OnSong wrote:

TOTY prediction onsong?
Snags
Under 16s