Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:29 pm

Executive Member wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:
Information HWY wrote:PAUL PUOPOLO to Virginia - Pops would have to be one of the biggest signings in recent APFL history

Maybe only Gus Bruggemann back to Mallala after flying in the SANFL, Butcher to Hamley or Ciccolella back to Hummocks are the other contenders!

vfc pp.jpg

Simon Feast would be another contender.

I think his AFL Premiership medals trump those other blokes you mention - in fact they probably not good enough to carry his bag 8)

Totally agree exec, about 40 AFL games combined for the rest of them, none of them made it
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby hairy cat » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:46 pm

Information HWY wrote:PAUL PUOPOLO to Virginia - Pops would have to be one of the biggest signings in recent APFL history

Maybe only Gus Bruggemann back to Mallala after flying in the SANFL, Butcher to Hamley or Ciccolella back to Hummocks are the other contenders!

vfc pp.jpg

Simon Feast stands alone
Quality bloke with immediate impact
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:21 am

Another one on the move from Angle Vale.

Fair list of outs so far.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Another one on the move from Angle Vale.

I would hate to be an administrator at a footy club these days. Can you put all the good strategies in place, have all the best intentions, throw whatever coin and resources you have...……………….then one person leaves and the whole thing crumbles everyone scatters.

For me amateur/country footy is in a sad state of affairs. I miss the days of blokes playing for the love of the game and being loyal to their suburb/town/junior club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby scottroo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Unfortunately it seems like the north is a merry go round and blokes sniff out flags and join that club.

It’s a little different in the south, I can count on one hand how many guys we’ve lost of gained from Mitcham, Kenilworth or our close neighbours
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:49 pm

whufc wrote:

I would hate to be an administrator at a footy club these days. Can you put all the good strategies in place, have all the best intentions, throw whatever coin and resources you have...……………….then one person leaves and the whole thing crumbles everyone scatters.

For me amateur/country footy is in a sad state of affairs. I miss the days of blokes playing for the love of the game and being loyal to their suburb/town/junior club.

It's one of the key questions in the interview room, who can you bring with you?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:52 pm

scottroo wrote:Unfortunately it seems like the north is a merry go round and blokes sniff out flags and join that club.

It’s a little different in the south, I can count on one hand how many guys we’ve lost of gained from Mitcham, Kenilworth or our close neighbours

They're all mates regardless of who they play for, many of them are mates through cricket too.

Pretty much everyone knows everyone between Kilburn and Angle Vale and a fair swag end up at the same place for a year or two.

Expect Kilburn to be a popular landing place for a few recruits with a much respected coach taking the reigns, there will be some stellar youth heading out there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:51 pm

whufc wrote:

Totally agree, it all changed about 2005 roughly.
It went from locals in the country would remain loyal and play for their home town pretty much regardless where life took them and your recruits would essentially be ex league, reserves or div 1 amateurs looking for coin. Then locals decided they wanted a piece of the pie which was never going to be sustainable so off they went chasing coin. Its a sad state of affairs now.
You can get all the right recruits to your club but then you lose a couple locals and its a massive set back and they cant be replaced at all.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:17 am

daysofourlives wrote:
whufc wrote:

Totally agree, it all changed about 2005 roughly.
It went from locals in the country would remain loyal and play for their home town pretty much regardless where life took them and your recruits would essentially be ex league, reserves or div 1 amateurs looking for coin. Then locals decided they wanted a piece of the pie which was never going to be sustainable so off they went chasing coin. Its a sad state of affairs now.
You can get all the right recruits to your club but then you lose a couple locals and its a massive set back and they cant be replaced at all.

Yep an in recent years in the Barossa we have seen blokes come back from Centrals and not even go to their junior club in the league.

I'm pretty realistic in that it will never go back to the way it was but that's pretty sad....one of the best parts about playing at BSR last year was we only used 3 points with only one bloke not being from the region.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Maggies2002 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:43 pm

Can't really count Sam in this he played all of a heartbeat at Angaston.

Only couple I can think of is Obst. Played all his juniors at GC or SG if I recall correctly. Should have had a life ban playing us but that's another story.
Dutscke to Freeling 5 years back. Played all his juniors with us.

Most of the other ex SANFL listed players have gone back home in the past season or two.
Locally I can think of Carnelly Ango, McKenzie Willaston, Smits South, Dew Barossa

I'm sure there is plenty more that have come home.
Maggies2002

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Maggies2002 wrote:Can't really count Sam in this he played all of a heartbeat at Angaston.

Only couple I can think of is Obst. Played all his juniors at GC or SG if I recall correctly. Should have had a life ban playing us but that's another story.
Dutscke to Freeling 5 years back. Played all his juniors with us.

Most of the other ex SANFL listed players have gone back home in the past season or two.
Locally I can think of Carnelly Ango, McKenzie Willaston, Smits South, Dew Barossa

I'm sure there is plenty more that have come home.

its not those ones that hurt its the locals going to other country clubs for coin who think they are better than what they are
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby football tragic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:54 pm

Can`t remember such a quiet forum with sign ups
Are clubs getting smarter with not posting or is the league on the slide with outs and ins
Besides the Hawk champ heading to the rams and a ruckmen at Angle Vale havent heard a whisper
Any positive news at the other clubs, recruiting wise
Mallala
Two Wells
Balak

then a gap to the rest is my thoughts..... pretty standard for past few years,
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Angler » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:29 pm

football tragic wrote:Can`t remember such a quiet forum with sign ups
Are clubs getting smarter with not posting or is the league on the slide with outs and ins
Besides the Hawk champ heading to the rams and a ruckmen at Angle Vale havent heard a whisper
Mallala
Two Wells
Balak

Todd Miles, Justin Schahinger and Henry McCabe back to Hamley Bridge. The Bombers might surprise a few people this season
Angler

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:20 am

football tragic wrote:Can`t remember such a quiet forum with sign ups
Mallala
Two Wells
Balak

I don't know what is happening elsewhere but Balaklava has picked up Abraham Helfand (Paskeville), Tim Longden (Goodwood Saints) and Mac Nield (PHOS Camden). I think Nield is on Port Magpies' list so his availability will be subject to those demands. Tom Chapman will be returning after a year off with injury. Dylan McPeake and Craig Taylor have signed on again.

The Peckers lose runner up B&F Nick Frisby-Smith (moved) and Chad Norsworthy (retired).
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:41 pm

Puopolo clearance has been lodged by Virginia. Also heard another ex-Hawk might be donning the Ram jumper as well? son-in-law of a former coach at the VFC.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Puopolo clearance has been lodged by Virginia. Also heard another ex-Hawk might be donning the Ram jumper as well? son-in-law of a former coach at the VFC.

Haven't heard that one, I was aware of Puopolo a couple of weeks before it happened, would be great for the league if you're on the money.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:47 pm

Eastern park looking for 1 more trial game around the start of March, 6th would be ideal.. Happy to travel if another ground available

If you know of anyone that may be keen, please flick me a message

Thanks
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:05 pm

With Sporting pulse now finished and everything now via PlayHQ where can you find clearance's now? New PlayHQ site doesn't have them.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:30 pm

magpieeagle wrote:With Sporting pulse now finished and everything now via PlayHQ where can you find clearance's now? New PlayHQ site doesn't have them.
You can't. Not visible to the public anymore
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:59 pm

Hard to say without being able to see the clearances, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise re. recruiting around most of the league.

Balaklava look like the major improvers with 3 handy in's - definitely hoping to go 1 further than 2021.
Haven't heard of any big in's for either Mallala or Two Wells so it could be a tight top 3.

Hamley Bridge should continue their improvement with some handy in's and good kids. Should compete with the top 3 but can't see them pushing deep into finals.
Hummocks I've not heard a lot about either so would have to assume they'll be around the same as last year.
Aside from Puopolo, I haven't hear of many landing at Virginia, although have heard the possibility of a 400-game 4x AFL premiership player playing a few games so that might stoke some more interest from people. At this stage, as good as I hope Poppy will be, I'm not sure it'll be enough to get them into finals.
Angle Vale don't seem as if they'll improve markedly either, with any in's covered by their outs.
United have apparently gained some young players but I think they'll bring up the rear again.
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy