Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby wal65 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 pm

The Plains Producer has reported that Che Cockatoo Collins will be playing for United
wal65
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:02 pm

What can you blokes tell me about Wade Stevens (i think that's his name) He's playing in Pt Lincoln this year
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby GWW » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:11 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:What can you blokes tell me about Wade Stevens (i think that's his name) He's playing in Pt Lincoln this year

wcp, is that Wade Stevens who previously played at Tailem Bend in RMFL? If it is, not a bad footballer, probably best suited to playing deep in attack or defence. Which club in Lincoln is he being linked to?

Hes a fairly strong mark, good left foot kick. Will probably be a reasonably player in PLFL, although haven't seen him play for a few years now.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:00 am

Playing with Tasmans. I think he played for Balak last year....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby The Unknown » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:27 am

WCP, Wade Stevens played at Balaklava last year. Came to Balak mid season with reputation as a fwd but played predominantly BP. Solid player but heavily reliant on his left side.
The Unknown
Mini-League

Postby The Rooster » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:20 pm

wal65 wrote:The Plains Producer has reported that Che Cockatoo Collins will be playing for United

Cant see Che playing at Long Plains, lots of stories go around at this time of year, i think they would have spoke to him, United speak to everyone, but Doubtful whether he will line up.

Time will tell.
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby wal65 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:54 pm

The Rooster wrote:
wal65 wrote:The Plains Producer has reported that Che Cockatoo Collins will be playing for United

Cant see Che playing at Long Plains, lots of stories go around at this time of year, i think they would have spoke to him, United speak to everyone, but Doubtful whether he will line up.

Time will tell.

Definitely playing for United. Signed for them last week as the Producer reported. Whether he plays every week will be a different story
wal65
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Brad Man » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:14 pm

Can some one give me some detail on Ian Naulty (Mallala) have seen him cleared to Willaston in the BLG
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby FootyMad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:11 pm

wal65 wrote:
The Rooster wrote:

Time will tell.

Definitely playing for United. Signed for them last week as the Producer reported. Whether he plays every week will be a different story

yeah he will play most games - until he heads overseas/interstate - the club doesnt know that yet.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Rooster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:57 pm

Cocky is probably going to be a big signing and has created a fair buzz around the league, but can he still play? did he play in the last 3 years? i'm sure a bloke with his credentials is still going to be pretty handy, but?!?

Word on the street is that an old mate Shane Bond (ex W/Coast / Port) has recently aquired the Dublin hotel? if this is the case there may be a few more celebrities turning up for a kick and a catch in the shadow of the water tower.
The Rooster
Under 18s

Postby FootyMad » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:38 am

Unfortunately Shane Bond has about as much money as a begger, both those boys (Bond's) have to work full-time as they are not what you would investment savvy and dont have any money left from there playing days.
If Shane Bond owns the Dublin I am baffled as to how, the Dublin is United's major sponsor. Shane works for the Dept. of Health. He must've won it in a card game.

The Bond's are playing at Callington in the Hills Div 2.
Che hasnt played properly for years - since Port. Played a couple of games in Cairns. He will still take the best defender to cover him opening up opportunities for other forwards. Not too many teams will have 3 top quality backman but United do have 3 quality forwards atleast.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Rooster » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 pm

FootyMad wrote:Unfortunately Shane Bond has about as much money as a begger, both those boys (Bond's) have to work full-time as they are not what you would investment savvy and dont have any money left from there playing days.
If Shane Bond owns the Dublin I am baffled as to how, the Dublin is United's major sponsor. Shane works for the Dept. of Health. He must've won it in a card game.

The Bond's are playing at Callington in the Hills Div 2.
Che hasnt played properly for years - since Port. Played a couple of games in Cairns. He will still take the best defender to cover him opening up opportunities for other forwards. Not too many teams will have 3 top quality backman but United do have 3 quality forwards atleast.

Sounds good for the Tiges this year, probably find that Hummocks probably have more than 3 so may be they're happy to share?

Good luck to Cocky, good to see more support for the APFL hopefully he can add some more Credibilty to what is becoming a more competitive league.
The Rooster
Under 18s

Postby wounded warrior » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Heard a little rumor the coach of united Shayne Broad is already setting a bad example by drinking to much with his players , not sure if the board will like it only time will see .
wounded warrior
Mini-League

United

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:34 am

Mate its country footy and its pre season. If broady wants to have a few with the lads i reckon its sensational. Its how the culture of country is and how it should be. Get a grip mate, who really gives a toss if he has a few this time of year?
As long as proves himself as a coach and as a puppet of some of the united committee members he ll remain at the club for a while to come. Whilst trav may have almost proved himself as a coach and def as a player, he wasnt willing to become a puppet and full credit to him, its absolute garbage. Its cost that club many a premierships over the years, need not mention late 90s.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Re: United

Postby The Rooster » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:43 am

Swamp Donkey wrote:Mate its country footy and its pre season. If broady wants to have a few with the lads i reckon its sensational. Its how the culture of country is and how it should be. Get a grip mate, who really gives a toss if he has a few this time of year?
As long as proves himself as a coach and as a puppet of some of the united committee members he ll remain at the club for a while to come. Whilst trav may have almost proved himself as a coach and def as a player, he wasnt willing to become a puppet and full credit to him, its absolute garbage. Its cost that club many a premierships over the years, need not mention late 90s.

now here's someone who know's what they're talking about! whilst i don't agree with the drinking with the lads till the wee hours business, being a puppet of the "coaching panel" that united have will certainly make or break Broady.
i certainly would coach there with fifteen people telling you what you should do, you'd be on a hiding to nothing.
The Rooster
Under 18s

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:50 am

Nah yeah maybe drinking yourself stupid until the wee hours is a bit much but by the sounds he is certainly running the grog out of the lads on the track. Good luck to shane. Any news on Balak or Mallala. See Wehr has hung up the boots by the sounds. Would have been good to see him as a 23 year old running around reckon he would have been a gun back in the day.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Postby The Rooster » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:14 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Nah yeah maybe drinking yourself stupid until the wee hours is a bit much but by the sounds he is certainly running the grog out of the lads on the track. Good luck to shane. Any news on Balak or Mallala. See Wehr has hung up the boots by the sounds. Would have been good to see him as a 23 year old running around reckon he would have been a gun back in the day.

Gary Wehr has moved over to WA i don't know if he's hung up the boots however, But the inclusion of a few classy imports Balak will be around the mark again specially if that big unit Walker carve's up like he did last year.

Malalla have regained the services of Jason Earl again from the WWT eagles, he certainly gives the pies another midfielder with a fair bit of nouse. certainly be handy anyway. Bluey Mcmillan has swapped guernsey's and is now a pecker, look for the magpies to make life tough for bluey in their first hitout against Balak.
The Rooster
Under 18s

Postby carey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:53 pm

jake levy from centrals/salisbury north has gone to bala. with ben catford i believe .
i also heard they may be getting david kellet he would be a huge pick up he was tipped to go top 10 in the draft a couple of years ago and would've if it was'nt for his lack of pace still a gun player tho.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:54 pm

A very good player. Reminded me of Rick McGowan. Was disappointed when he left the dogs.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Jake Levi will certainly be handy. By all accounts the pies were pretty willing to get rid of their "Dead Wood" in Bluey McMillan and rightly so. If the lad had a heart he would be a superstar but having watched a few mallala games last year he was very ordinary, even to the extent of bagging his own players. I think the fact he ended the year in Mallala s B's says enough about his mental approach to the game, when the tough gets going and you need someone to stand up bluey would be better suited on the gate. The lad is a super talented kid, it would be great if the balak boys can stir him up an dget the best out him in the tough tight games, then he ll be an asset.
Im pretty sure Kellett is out at Barossa Districts, which id have to say is prob a good thing for the peckers. To compare this bloke with rick macgowan is one of the worst calls ive heard, have a thought for what rick, an absolute genius of the game, would think about that insult. Ricks no slug!!
However i think your right guys, balak will certainly play an important part in september this year.
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy