Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:45 am

Robran wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Angle Vale building something big out there with a solid coaching group.

Their player retention of kids seems to be improving each year, they have some very talented juniors in the mix atm so I'd expect them to be around the mark next season and beyond.

The amount of talented kids playing for Two Wells is crazy too, they half at least half a dozen ready made A Graders.

Add big Mumford to that announced at presentation on the weekend.

That's kind of who I was alluding to, I'm sure he'll bring a couple of players with him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:47 am

OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Angle Vale building something big out there with a solid coaching group.

Their player retention of kids seems to be improving each year, they have some very talented juniors in the mix atm so I'd expect them to be around the mark next season and beyond.

The amount of talented kids playing for Two Wells is crazy too, they half at least half a dozen ready made A Graders.

It is little wonder. The population growth in these two areas alone is huge. Think there's a story in today's or yesterday's Tiser about the swelling residential developments at Two Wells.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/two-wells-is-sas-latest-boom-town-growing-faster-than-any-other-township/

And I mean, all power to them in that regard but the following quote makes me a bit sick in the stomach:

Hudson Howells Economist, Phill Hudson, said
“Two Wells is different. It stands alone as a model of government and private sector collaboration delivering what new home buyers want – housing choice, housing affordability, education, community services, jobs and regional economic development. Two Wells is one of the youngest, most affordable, most progressive and fastest growing urban regions in Adelaide.”

They have 3 developmental areas for memory, Angle Vale is a suburb and has maintained steady growth for some time, Virginia have a decent sized estate expanding.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:52 am

OnSong wrote:
OnSong wrote:

It is little wonder. The population growth in these two areas alone is huge. Think there's a story in today's or yesterday's Tiser about the swelling residential developments at Two Wells.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/two-wells-is-sas-latest-boom-town-growing-faster-than-any-other-township/

And I mean, all power to them in that regard but the following quote makes me a bit sick in the stomach:

Hudson Howells Economist, Phill Hudson, said
“Two Wells is different. It stands alone as a model of government and private sector collaboration delivering what new home buyers want – housing choice, housing affordability, education, community services, jobs and regional economic development. Two Wells is one of the youngest, most affordable, most progressive and fastest growing urban regions in Adelaide.”

Not really a country league any more. Country junior teams are battling it out each year to come 5th.
Could already tell you the top 4 in junior grades next year :(
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby 23rd man » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:56 pm

Angle Vale have hardly strengthened the comp!! If anything they’ve decimated it with just their presence alone!! People don’t want to go there or play against them so they play elsewhere. Not that long ago this league was as good as the Barossa, bit of a coincidence that since AV have shown up it has fallen away massively to the point where teams (that have been here for a very very long time) are talking about leaving.
As for Trinity or any Gawler side :D :D good one!!
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:53 pm

23rd man wrote:Angle Vale have hardly strengthened the comp!! If anything they’ve decimated it with just their presence alone!! People don’t want to go there or play against them so they play elsewhere. Not that long ago this league was as good as the Barossa, bit of a coincidence that since AV have shown up it has fallen away massively to the point where teams (that have been here for a very very long time) are talking about leaving.
As for Trinity or any Gawler side :D :D good one!!

Must've been a while ago, the larger town populations of the APFL clubs are equivalent to the smaller Barossa ones.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby GIDDY UP! » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:59 am

Well Puopolo didn’t stick around for long!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:40 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:Well Puopolo didn’t stick around for long!

At least he went to his grassroots club.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:00 pm

Wasn't he a flop anyway???

Not a loaded question.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:37 am

carey wrote:

Not a loaded question.

Won their B&F.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:43 am

carey wrote:

Not a loaded question.

He was a Rolls Royce mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Not a loaded question.

Nice. I was told he didn't do much, but with this being said it was from a glass half empty type of guy!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:38 am

carey wrote:Nice. I was told he didn't do much, but with this being said it was from a glass half empty type of guy!

Virginia have traditionally had a very good midfield in previous years, they usually have a very strong B Grade but their B's struggled this season and there wasn't a lot of depth around.

The midfield was very reliant on Poppy as they were getting games into the young lads, it was a great experience for the lads and his ability to free his arms to execute a handball under pressure was as good as I've seen, there was a lot learnt out there from him.

I wasn't much of a fan previously but I couldn't praise him enough now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:02 am

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
carey wrote:

Not a loaded question.

Nice. I was told he didn't do much, but with this being said it was from a glass half empty type of guy!

I think it was probably more in relation to how people expected him to perform.

As i mentioned in another thread the Two Wells guys felt he would have done a lot more on the field but i also think they were expecting him to get 40 possessions and kick 3 every week whilst taking one of his regular hangers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:20 am

Wayne Knowles coaching Virginia.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Snags » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Abit of movement this year compared to previous years.

Jarred Allmond coaching long plains - apparently bringing 4 with him. Heard the 2 rankines that played at Virginia are also linked.
This may also bring back the beard brothers? Will be good for the comp if all comes together.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Snags » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:58 pm

As i mentioned in another thread the Two Wells guys felt he would have done a lot more on the field but i also think they were expecting him to get 40 possessions and kick 3 every week whilst taking one of his regular hangers.[/quote]

I think it was more so they thought he was elite inside with shrugging tackles and his gives to runners but were surprised that he wasn’t really damaging by foot when he got out.
Remember you also only get to see players when your club vs them unless they play finals.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:55 pm

Snags wrote:
I think it was more so they thought he was elite inside with shrugging tackles and his gives to runners but were surprised that he wasn’t really damaging by foot when he got out.
Remember you also only get to see players when your club vs them unless they play finals.

He had a bit of an off day against you guys when you gave them a bit of a touch up on their deck.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:04 pm

Snags wrote:Abit of movement this year compared to previous years.

Jarred Allmond coaching long plains - apparently bringing 4 with him. Heard the 2 rankines that played at Virginia are also linked.
This may also bring back the beard brothers? Will be good for the comp if all comes together.

That 100% confirmed?
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby football tragic » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:05 pm

If thats the case why not announce it?
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby GIDDY UP! » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:57 pm

football tragic wrote:

If thats the case why not announce it?

Eagles have only announced his retirement today, so I would think Untied were only waiting on that to be announce before saying he is their new coach but I could be wrong. On some other news….. Two Wells have signed Jakob Thompson up for this year. Had played a couple years ago before heading to SANFL and played for Centrals reserves winning the BnF in 2021 and played 1 league game this year. Very handy player to have back and going to cause a lot of headaches I reckon for clubs to match up on him!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy