Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:Angle Vale are at least blooding some kids. Had a bit to do with Parker Lewis and Trent Tattoli, both would still be 15 or 16 and playing OK in the ones.

Yep, Trent is just turned 15, Angle Vale have been chucking their kids up in the A's for the past few years, unfortunately for them some haven't stuck around.

There's a lot of kids getting A Grade game time across the league, I was only looking through all the names last night and thought it was pretty cool.

Taylor boys at Mallala have a big future there which will be good, not much history of a lot of senior colts going on to long futures there the last few yrs, best lot came from 2003.

Was Bluey in that group?

yep,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:24 am

magpieeagle wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:Angle Vale are at least blooding some kids. Had a bit to do with Parker Lewis and Trent Tattoli, both would still be 15 or 16 and playing OK in the ones.

Yep, Trent is just turned 15, Angle Vale have been chucking their kids up in the A's for the past few years, unfortunately for them some haven't stuck around.

There's a lot of kids getting A Grade game time across the league, I was only looking through all the names last night and thought it was pretty cool.

Taylor boys at Mallala have a big future there which will be good, not much history of a lot of senior colts going on to long futures there the last few yrs, best lot came from 2003.

I remember that Mallala senior colt team well. They may have only lost 1 game or went through without a loss? I remember drawing with them though. Very dominant none the less.

Two Wells crop of senior colts from 2006 have been key A grade key players for 10-15 years now. Always helps if you can get them stick around and build around them.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 am

mighty hounds wrote:
I remember that Mallala senior colt team well. They may have only lost 1 game or went through without a loss? I remember drawing with them though. Very dominant none the less.

Two Wells crop of senior colts from 2006 have been key A grade key players for 10-15 years now. Always helps if you can get them stick around and build around them.

The Mont's and Parish amongst them?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:26 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

The twins yes but Parish was an import from freeling I thought? Swamp might be able to confirm that.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:16 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

The twins yes but Parish was an import from freeling I thought? Swamp might be able to confirm that.

Parish was a import, Wildbore,Hardie,Pontt came from 2003.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby football tragic » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Results a lot closer this year than in previous years which is good for the comp
Will be very interesting to see what happens next year with recruits/imports and clubs retaining there 2020 lists.
Big week at the Rams if they win they will be confident of playing a big part at the end in 2020.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby 23rd man » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:08 pm

football tragic wrote:Results a lot closer this year than in previous years which is good for the comp
Will be very interesting to see what happens next year with recruits/imports and clubs retaining there 2020 lists.
Big week at the Rams if they win they will be confident of playing a big part at the end in 2020.

Just keep a little side eye on the tigers! If not this year then possibly next year. To come from 6 goals to zero down at quarter time with 12 of your starting 22 missing (most due back after the bye from what I'm told) says a bit about their depth and Dawe obviously has the club singing from the same hymn sheet for the first time in a while.

Hopefully the book is thrown at the AV supporter/supporters involved in the racial abuse, no need for that. Hopefully there wasn't any kids near by to listen to that garbage...
23rd man

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:52 pm

Gather still a 3 game qualification for finals? Brookers would have to play Mallala last 3 games.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:53 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Parish was a import, Wildbore,Hardie,Pontt came from 2003.

Brad Griff, Lamont twins, Brown who went on to play A grade at united, M Birchmore.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby football tragic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:32 am

23rd man wrote:
football tragic wrote:Results a lot closer this year than in previous years which is good for the comp

Just keep a little side eye on the tigers! If not this year then possibly next year. To come from 6 goals to zero down at quarter time with 12 of your starting 22 missing (most due back after the bye from what I'm told) says a bit about their depth and Dawe obviously has the club singing from the same hymn sheet for the first time in a while.

Hopefully the book is thrown at the AV supporter/supporters involved in the racial abuse, no need for that. Hopefully there wasn't any kids near by to listen to that garbage...

Coming from a 6 goal margin against a side they beat by over 15 goals last year and scraping home I wouldn't consider that a massive improvement, both sides had plenty of personnel out im hearing and United were still using 17 points so maximum imports and brought back the mail medallist to the midfield, Top 4 is set in my opinion as it currently sits
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:36 am

23rd man wrote:

I'm gathering United kicked to the road end in the first.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby football tragic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:27 am

My Tips for this weeks rounds:
Bute by 7-8 goals
Virginia by 3-4 goals
United by 12 goals

What`s everyone else`s thoughts?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 am

Angle Vale 9 points
Two Wells 11 points
United 79 points
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Which dodgy trick did Virginia use to get Theo Markou as a 0 point player?
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby football tragic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Angle Vale 9 points
Two Wells 11 points
United 79 points

going for 2 big upsets there?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:02 pm

football tragic wrote:
Two Wells 11 points
United 79 points

Two Wells look a bit stronger this week and will only get better towards the pointy end of the season, Bute will take time to adjust to the metro feel of Angle Vale and the home side will be seething after nearly ticking their 3rd box, especially seeing that is was an away game.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Two Wells 11 points
United 79 points

Two Wells look a bit stronger this week and will only get better towards the pointy end of the season, Bute will take time to adjust to the metro feel of Angle Vale and the home side will be seething after nearly ticking their 3rd box, especially seeing that is was an away game.

Two Wells should be back to full strength next week against Hamley or after their next bye. If they get back Luke Barnett from SANFL they’ll be very hard to beat I think. I’m calling it now Two Wells V Virginia Grand Final :lol:
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:59 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:
Two Wells 11 points
United 79 points

Two Wells should be back to full strength next week against Hamley or after their next bye. If they get back Luke Barnett from SANFL they’ll be very hard to beat I think. I’m calling it now Two Wells V Virginia Grand Final :lol:

Highly unlikely if Two Wells win tomorrow.. would likely meet in the first final if that’s the case.
Bute and Two Wells look like the best sides for mine with Virginia close behind, then the rest.
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:19 pm

Agree with what's looking like an All Roosters affair for the GF in 2020.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:39 pm

going for 2 big upsets there?[/quote]
Two Wells look a bit stronger this week and will only get better towards the pointy end of the season, Bute will take time to adjust to the metro feel of Angle Vale and the home side will be seething after nearly ticking their 3rd box, especially seeing that is was an away game.[/quote]
Two Wells should be back to full strength next week against Hamley or after their next bye. If they get back Luke Barnett from SANFL they’ll be very hard to beat I think. I’m calling it now Two Wells V Virginia Grand Final :lol:[/quote]

Highly unlikely if Two Wells win tomorrow.. would likely meet in the first final if that’s the case.
Bute and Two Wells look like the best sides for mine with Virginia close behind, then the rest.[/quote]
Mallala still have 5 to come back in,would not be writing them off just yet.
magpieeagle
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy