Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:08 pm

On The Chest wrote:
Skip Dimes wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Get out of the way, here comes the pecker train!!!!

That train has a new conductor I hear... ?

Why is that?

Are the rumours true OnSong? Some suggestion that Justin Michael is now at the helm at Peckerland! Seems like a odd time for a coach, who appeared from the outer to be going really well, to call it quits just 5 weeks from finals.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
Skip Dimes wrote:

Why is that?

Are the rumours true OnSong? Some suggestion that Justin Michael is now at the helm at Peckerland! Seems like a odd time for a coach, who appeared from the outer to be going really well, to call it quits just 5 weeks from finals.

Cant be true! bit strange
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby wangas#4 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm

THACHY_7 wrote:A couple of Virginia boys ventured out to watch Two Wells v Hamley on the weekend and had 'a couple' of froffies and ended up in both the Hamley Bridge and Two Wells change rooms straight after the game. Rumour has it Two Wells weren't overly impressed with the lads and kicked them out. Hamley on the other hand managed to sign them up for season 2015

The Virginia player was asked to leave the change room beacause he dropped glass on the floor and it smashed bit like the player 8)
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby hairy cat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Seems to be a decision made on the United coaching position any truth MC ?
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby footys the winner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:i doubt solly will stick around at united next year...........

Why do you say that mate? Got any good sources?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:47 am

footys the winner wrote:

I must admit I make a beautiful bolognaise sauce, should have some left over from the weekend if you are interested?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:48 am

hairy cat wrote:Seems to be a decision made on the United coaching position any truth MC ?

Yeah, Mossy told the players Saturday after the game that he won't be coaching on next year. Will be coaching us for the remainder of the season.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
hairy cat wrote:Seems to be a decision made on the United coaching position any truth MC ?

Yeah, Mossy told the players Saturday after the game that he won't be coaching on next year. Will be coaching us for the remainder of the season.

White OUT, Crewdson IN?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby footys the winner » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

I must admit I make a beautiful bolognaise sauce, should have some left over from the weekend if you are interested?

If it is as good as Starks sources I'll steer clear MC.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:23 pm

footys the winner wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

If it is as good as Starks sources I'll steer clear MC.

Yeah, his sauces appear to be sower from the outside.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby norm11 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

White OUT, Crewdson IN?

I'm tipping this is paying about $1.01
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
Skip Dimes wrote:

Why is that?

OS is it true the police may be involved with a matter thats indirectly linked to the club that lead to his departure?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby OnSong » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:08 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
On The Chest wrote:
Skip Dimes wrote:That train has a new conductor I hear... ?

Why is that?

OS is it true the police may be involved with a matter thats indirectly linked to the club that lead to his departure?

No
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 529 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby stevecgull » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:45 pm

OS, no could be wrong answer here,roo onto something here
stevecgull

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:42 am

I find it hard to understand how a group of grown males can decide the fate of a 14yr olds footy career 4 games left in a season, I was under the standing that junior football was about teaching the rules of the game and to encourage kids to get into sport and out of the house, not to play for bloody sheep stations and be afraid of a player beaning better as a yr goes on through good teaching and coaching just to kick him to the side lines, I doubt very much that this lad will play sport and slip back into the video game mode, I for one am disappointed at this decision and just shows that this league is not in the real world when it comes to junior football or development . For goodness sake we are talking about 14 yr olds not 17 yr olds.
If a decision is to made on a players permit it should be made on june 30th like everything else, not bloody 4 games from finals, so he is tall, well has anyone looked at how tall our fellow association 14yr olds are? piss weak reason. I have found this season with a lot of junior coaches it has been a lot about spite against other players/teams and not the good of junior footy, the league made all junior teams sign a good code of conduct form, has never been adhered to by any club yet including mine, junior footy is about good times and mates, dosent seem to be like that anymore.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am

magpieeagle wrote:I find it hard to understand how a group of grown males can decide the fate of a 14yr olds footy career 4 games left in a season, I was under the standing that junior football was about teaching the rules of the game and to encourage kids to get into sport and out of the house, not to play for bloody sheep stations and be afraid of a player beaning better as a yr goes on through good teaching and coaching just to kick him to the side lines, I doubt very much that this lad will play sport and slip back into the video game mode, I for one am disappointed at this decision and just shows that this league is not in the real world when it comes to junior football or development . For goodness sake we are talking about 14 yr olds not 17 yr olds.
If a decision is to made on a players permit it should be made on june 30th like everything else, not bloody 4 games from finals, so he is tall, well has anyone looked at how tall our fellow association 14yr olds are? piss weak reason. I have found this season with a lot of junior coaches it has been a lot about spite against other players/teams and not the good of junior footy, the league made all junior teams sign a good code of conduct form, has never been adhered to by any club yet including mine, junior footy is about good times and mates, dosent seem to be like that anymore.

Someone's permit to play junior colts get revoked I'm guessing?

Does seem a strange time, you're right. Should have either been picked up ages ago or acted on after the season.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 am

OnSong wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:I find it hard to understand how a group of grown males can decide the fate of a 14yr olds footy career 4 games left in a season, I was under the standing that junior football was about teaching the rules of the game and to encourage kids to get into sport and out of the house, not to play for bloody sheep stations and be afraid of a player beaning better as a yr goes on through good teaching and coaching just to kick him to the side lines, I doubt very much that this lad will play sport and slip back into the video game mode, I for one am disappointed at this decision and just shows that this league is not in the real world when it comes to junior football or development . For goodness sake we are talking about 14 yr olds not 17 yr olds.

Does seem a strange time, you're right. Should have either been picked up ages ago or acted on after the season.

Correct Onsong. if they say he is too big for a permit in junior colts(never played before) these decisions should be made before june 30th or after the season, I was strongly against a HWE senior colt losing his earlier on when they struggle for numbers.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby OnSong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 am

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Correct Onsong. if they say he is too big for a permit in junior colts(never played before) these decisions should be made before june 30th or after the season, I was strongly against a HWE senior colt losing his earlier on when they struggle for numbers.

That was Luke Forrest yeah? Kicked 5 against Two Wells in an A grade game?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:

How many games has the young fella played Magpies. Does seem strange timing.

If the Hummocks fella is playing A Grade or even reserves that is instant loss of permit to me. Nothing at all to do with numbers. The idea of a permit is to assist development as they are INCAPABLE of playing the grade above.

Did this Mallala lad play Senior Colts at all? If so, then to me that is instant loss of permit and could be a reason.
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby norm11 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:15 am

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:

When I coached the 17s at hamley I was told that the clubs numbers didn't come into it at all. We were struggling for numbers and ability, but every meeting we went to we would spend half an hour talking about this one kid.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy