Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:25 pm

The next 3 rounds for the Top4 teams are going to be some cracking games! Two Wells having to play all Top4 teams before finals and have to win at least 2 of the 3 games to secure a Top2 finish. Have a slight advantage playing 2 of those games at home. And still have 4-5 A grade players to come back in!
HWE on the top of the table at the moment but have two extremely hard road games ahead of them! Drop both of them and could see themselves go from 1st to 4th just like that!
Balaklave should have a pretty comfortable win against angle vales this weekend but the real test is the last 2 rounds with HWE at home then Two Wells away. Win all 3 games gets them that Top2 finish and another crack to go deep in the final series!
Mallala losing yesterday against Virginia could possibly cost them that Top2 finish now! Two huge must win games against Two Wells at home and United away who have already knocked them off once this year and would love to finish off the season with a win at home!
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:42 pm

I thought Angle Vale were meant to be improving?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 am

Armchair expert wrote:I thought Angle Vale were meant to be improving?

The team they've put on the park the last two weeks has their top half a dozen at least missing and full of kids, missing Burgess is a huge loss for them, he's been their most valuable player for some time now and does pretty much 100% of the ruck work and heaps of ground work.

I don't think they are as strong as last year or have the depth that they did, they are pumping heaps of games into the kids who are willing to give it a crack, they'll benefit from it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:I thought Angle Vale were meant to be improving?

The team they've put on the park the last two weeks has their top half a dozen at least missing and full of kids, missing Burgess is a huge loss for them, he's been their most valuable player for some time now and does pretty much 100% of the ruck work and heaps of ground work.

I don't think they are as strong as last year or have the depth that they did, they are pumping heaps of games into the kids who are willing to give it a crack, they'll benefit from it.

They've never travelled well north to Lochiel either.

But yeah, I'd argue Trent Payne is more important to them and he hasn't played since his suspension before the Zone weekend.

Tyson Nathan has been doing a fair bit of the ruck work and he's been out too, then add the midfield pairing of Woodward and Stewart, young Lachy Mackay, there's six walk up starters (including Burgess) who haven't played much in recent weeks.

Isaiah Blumson leaving early on also hurt. So there's some excuses there.

Not sure if Burgess has another year in him and with Sutherland just not rocking up after they put some eggs in that basket during the preseason, they were probably behind the 8-ball from the get go.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:06 am

OnSong wrote:They've never travelled well north to Lochiel either.

But yeah, I'd argue Trent Payne is more important to them and he hasn't played since his suspension before the Zone weekend.

Tyson Nathan has been doing a fair bit of the ruck work and he's been out too, then add the midfield pairing of Woodward and Stewart, young Lachy Mackay, there's six walk up starters (including Burgess) who haven't played much in recent weeks.

Not sure if Burgess has another year in him and with Sutherland just not rocking up after they put some eggs in that basket during the preseason, they were probably behind the 8-ball from the get go.

Going into the season they also thought they'd have two McIver's, the twins and Michael Taylor running about too, I'm sure the team that Troy thought he'd be having in round one differed immensely to who actually lined up, I think he's done well with who he's had at his disposal and A Grade exposure to the 16 to 18 year old's is imperative for the future.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Hazbeen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Going into the season they also thought they'd have two McIver's, the twins and Michael Taylor running about too, I'm sure the team that Troy thought he'd be having in round one differed immensely to who actually lined up, I think he's done well with who he's had at his disposal and A Grade exposure to the 16 to 18 year old's is imperative for the future.

As their colts are top they have stopped then playing A's and B's for the rest of the season (which started Saturday) so they dont get injured, obviously value a senior colts flag over A grade competiveness
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:47 am

Hazbeen wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

As their colts are top they have stopped then playing A's and B's for the rest of the season (which started Saturday) so they dont get injured, obviously value a senior colts flag over A grade competiveness

I just looked back and noticed that they've only been playing one or two in the A's for the few weeks prior to this weekend aswell.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:54 am

Getting them some wins probably in hopes they stick around, would be tough for kids to be flogged by 100+ points every weekend.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby 23rd man » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Get rid of them they add nothing to the comp!! They’re like a stray pooch your step dad bought home one day knowing you weren’t ready for one then took off a week later leaving you to look after it.
23rd man

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby My opinion » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:34 pm

It doesn’t help when the coach and president are the instigator to a lot of the on field and off field incidents
My opinion
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:59 pm

My opinion wrote:It doesn’t help when the coach and president are the instigator to a lot of the on field and off field incidents

Who is their coach this year?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby norm11 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:03 am

daysofourlives wrote:
My opinion wrote:It doesn’t help when the coach and president are the instigator to a lot of the on field and off field incidents

Who is their coach this year?

Troy treverton
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:22 pm

HamleyBridge Fcnc
August 8 at 5:16 PM ·
Hi everyone. There have been a few rumours going around this week that Hamley will be folding next year and Greenock taking our place. This absolutely false. Hamley will be better and stronger in 2020 with the committee and players already looking ahead to plan an awesome season. If you hear these rumours, can you please shut them down. The Bombers are in no danger of folding and will be around kicking butt for many years to come!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:18 pm

I heard at the Virginia v United game yesterday Virginia had 5 yellow cards given to them! And a controversial umpire call in the dying seconds of the game costing Virginia the win and they ain’t happy about it!
Also a big win yesterday by Two Wells over HWE knocking them off by 10goals and regaining top spot on the ladder. A surprise result to be honest was expecting a much closer game between them.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:05 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:I heard at the Virginia v United game yesterday Virginia had 5 yellow cards given to them! And a controversial umpire call in the dying seconds of the game costing Virginia the win and they ain’t happy about it!
Also a big win yesterday by Two Wells over HWE knocking them off by 10goals and regaining top spot on the ladder. A surprise result to be honest was expecting a much closer game between them.

And a walk off by Balaklava Senior colts against Angle vale.
Huge weekend next wk, all top 4 sides playing each other.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Not sure there were any yellow cards but there was 3 players from Virginia reported after the siren. The crowd were also a disgrace after the game booing the umpires and abusing them. It's just not on especially after the open letter from the league a month ago. There was more abuse in the clubrooms for the umpires I also heard.
Not sure about any controversial umpires call, they warned the players all game they would pay free kicks for abuse directed at them. I guess after so much they were bound to start paying them.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:09 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:I heard at the Virginia v United game yesterday Virginia had 5 yellow cards given to them! And a controversial umpire call in the dying seconds of the game costing Virginia the win and they ain’t happy about it!

Our senior Colts should have made the same call. Couple of red cards and some supporters reported at Virginia.
Why, just why??
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Our senior Colts should have made the same call. Couple of red cards and some supporters reported at Virginia.
Why, just why??

Classy from Virginia as always
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Why, just why??

Wonder where the association president and secretary were?? Their club
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Why, just why??

Tribunal sitting Wednesday night
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy