Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 26, 2020 10:16 am

Bottom line is whether there are spectator limitations or not is whether the season can go ahead.

Perhaps SA Health are waiting to see if there's any spike with the cinema's, gyms and pubs re-opening.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby football tragic » Tue May 26, 2020 11:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Bottom line is whether there are spectator limitations or not is whether the season can go ahead.

Perhaps SA Health are waiting to see if there's any spike with the cinema's, gyms and pubs re-opening.

Define spectator?
If its not a player, volunteer, or direct family member of the players taking the field...…. extremely low number of (spectators)
Spectators will be permitted come July anyway.
lets move on and talk footy haha
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 26, 2020 11:38 am

football tragic wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Bottom line is whether there are spectator limitations or not is whether the season can go ahead.

Define spectator?
If its not a player, volunteer, or direct family member of the players taking the field...…. extremely low number of (spectators)
Spectators will be permitted come July anyway.
lets move on and talk footy haha

It is ludicrous if there are spectator limits, that is my point.

If things keep moving in the direction that they are then we'll go ahead unrestricted, the next few weeks will be the telling factor.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby football tragic » Thu May 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Cannot see why leagues don't set a date for resumption and a proposed draw subject to crowds and gate
Why wait for the decision then arrange a meeting and vote
Not logical IMO.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby magpieeagle » Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 pm

The SANFL will kick off its season on June 27 and the first two rounds will be double headers played at Adelaide Oval without spectators.
The league also confirmed its intention to have a 14-round season, followed by a three-week finals series. The grand final will be played on the weekend of October 17-18.
And the reserves, under 18s and women’s league will also be in action from June 27. The women have six games remaining to complete the minor round.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby football tragic » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:45 pm

magpieeagle wrote:The SANFL will kick off its season on June 27 and the first two rounds will be double headers played at Adelaide Oval without spectators.
The league also confirmed its intention to have a 14-round season, followed by a three-week finals series. The grand final will be played on the weekend of October 17-18.
And the reserves, under 18s and women’s league will also be in action from June 27. The women have six games remaining to complete the minor round.

Are all clubs in the APFL back to training yet as i have heard perhaps Balak are the only ones who aren't?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Getting back to training is one thing - getting numbers out on the track is another - and getting 42 players ready to start our season in potentially 4-5 weeks is another. How have the training numbers been? Hearing several clubs failed to reach double figures in sessions last week.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:51 pm

football tragic wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:The SANFL will kick off its season on June 27 and the first two rounds will be double headers played at Adelaide Oval without spectators.

Are all clubs in the APFL back to training yet as i have heard perhaps Balak are the only ones who aren't?

United are looking at starting next week. I'm personally not fussed if a season gets up or not. I think a modified comp for under 17s down however is a must if possible.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Getting back to training is one thing - getting numbers out on the track is another - and getting 42 players ready to start our season in potentially 4-5 weeks is another. How have the training numbers been? Hearing several clubs failed to reach double figures in sessions last week.

I heard 1 club had 9. Based on that not sure what the big rush is to start training?
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Getting back to training is one thing - getting numbers out on the track is another - and getting 42 players ready to start our season in potentially 4-5 weeks is another. How have the training numbers been? Hearing several clubs failed to reach double figures in sessions last week.

I heard 1 club had 9. Based on that not sure what the big rush is to start training?

Although its only nine players, its better than none. Those nine players are obviously keen to have a kick and do some training with their mates. If their club didn't pull out all stops to give them to the opportunity to do so, who knows, maybe they'll find another club that is. Not worth the risk imo.

Hopefully, the commitment of APFL clubs to the season at the 15 June meeting isn't skewed by the realisation that they haven't made use of the time available to them to prepare for Round 1. The fact that some APFL clubs haven't bothered to give their players an opportunity to do at least some group training in the past 3 weeks doesn't bode well for a consensus decision to have a season this year - assuming everything else falls into place (e.g. full crowds).
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby football tragic » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Although its only nine players, its better than none. Those nine players are obviously keen to have a kick and do some training with their mates. If their club didn't pull out all stops to give them to the opportunity to do so, who knows, maybe they'll find another club that is. Not worth the risk imo.

Hopefully, the commitment of APFL clubs to the season at the 15 June meeting isn't skewed by the realisation that they haven't made use of the time available to them to prepare for Round 1. The fact that some APFL clubs haven't bothered to give their players an opportunity to do at least some group training in the past 3 weeks doesn't bode well for a consensus decision to have a season this year - assuming everything else falls into place (e.g. full crowds).

There has been at least two clubs I know who had 30 at training last week
There isn't really an excuse not to have players train at present because a decision isn't far off from the June 15th meeting
Hopefully those clubs get left short when a start date of first week of July is announced.
There wont be any excuses of not having time to prepare as clubs would have been able to train for 5 weeks if they had been organised.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:34 pm

football tragic wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

There has been at least two clubs I know who had 30 at training last week
There isn't really an excuse not to have players train at present because a decision isn't far off from the June 15th meeting
Hopefully those clubs get left short when a start date of first week of July is announced.
There wont be any excuses of not having time to prepare as clubs would have been able to train for 5 weeks if they had been organised.

what if they don't allow crowds when announcing a start date? Will clubs still be playing?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby football tragic » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Crowds will be allowed as will be canteens and bars, inside club rooms will be the per 2 sq metre rule as it is in WA.
Community football know that without this they wont have a comp....and they are the ones directing clubs to start training....
Amateur clubs are all flat out training so not sure why APFL clubs wouldn't be.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby GIDDY UP! » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:04 pm

football tragic wrote:Crowds will be allowed as will be canteens and bars, inside club rooms will be the per 2 sq metre rule as it is in WA.
Community football know that without this they wont have a comp....and they are the ones directing clubs to start training....

I just have a quick question.... if the season is to go ahead and crowds are allowed but player payments won’t go ahead, How are teams like United, Virginia, Angle Vale, Hamley who mostly rely heavily on imports going to go? Cause I’m sure 75-80% of imports won’t be playing for free
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:32 pm

I reckon you might see a reconsideration re player payments now crowds are allowed. It wouldn't be the first time rules have been made then changed during the lockdown period.

I think some clubs really should be allowed or they are at risk of falling over.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:48 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I reckon you might see a reconsideration re player payments now crowds are allowed. It wouldn't be the first time rules have been made then changed during the lockdown period.

I think some clubs really should be allowed or they are at risk of falling over.

You only have 3 weeks left to transfer in or out. If they are going to change the rules they would want to make it quickly as players will start making up their minds prior.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:00 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I reckon you might see a reconsideration re player payments now crowds are allowed. It wouldn't be the first time rules have been made then changed during the lockdown period.

You only have 3 weeks left to transfer in or out. If they are going to change the rules they would want to make it quickly as players will start making up their minds prior.

surely no clearances are being processed by the CFL at the moment?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Been opened since May 15th
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:32 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Why not? If clubs and players remain uncertain and other leagues have clear outlines to resume then they are well within their right to shift.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:08 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:
football tragic wrote:Crowds will be allowed as will be canteens and bars, inside club rooms will be the per 2 sq metre rule as it is in WA.

I just have a quick question.... if the season is to go ahead and crowds are allowed but player payments won’t go ahead, How are teams like United, Virginia, Angle Vale, Hamley who mostly rely heavily on imports going to go? Cause I’m sure 75-80% of imports won’t be playing for free]

I'm sure all clubs will be fine. Actually 100% of players will be playing for free!
Heard Camplin could be going back to Salisbury North?
Mythical Creature
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy