Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:43 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:17's and 14's went pretty much as expected.

Under 17's: Jack May (Mallala) 41 votes from 15 games, fair effort.

Would've like to have seen a count instead of jumping straight into the awards, could've read the rounds out while people were eating.

In all grades or just the U17s?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:43 am

OnSong wrote:

Would've liked to have seen a count instead of jumping straight into the awards, could've read the rounds out while people were eating.

All.

It seemed a little rushed as they got straight into it presenting the under 14 runner up then winner. The kids need the excitement of watching the voting IMO.

Could probably do a junior one on a separate night with just finger food and have a more formal dinner one for the seniors perhaps or if they were to keep it all together they could still manage a count for each grade.
Cost cutting for the catering for the junior count could see more get invited, would be nice to have the league send out a formal invitation to the top 10 perhaps or top 4 from each team?

There was enough downtime to mingle or eat, Mallala done a good job in getting the food out swiftly so there was no time wasted there.

6:40-7 (14's count)
7-7:15 (entree)
7:15-7:40 (17's count & junior awards)
7:40-8 (dinner)
8-8:20 (reserves count)
8:20-8:30 (dessert)
8:30-9 (A Grade count/team of the year and other honours)

Veitchy raced through the count swiftly and clearly, each round took less than a minute.

Overall, it was a good night, 80%+ of the guests were there on time and everyone was quiet during the formalities, all the winners were deserved and it was pretty well organised.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:54 pm

Anyone know where to obtain the round by round medal count votes?

They're usually accessible by now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Barkeroo » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Would've liked to have seen a count instead of jumping straight into the awards, could've read the rounds out while people were eating.

All.

It seemed a little rushed as they got straight into it presenting the under 14 runner up then winner. The kids need the excitement of watching the voting IMO.

Could probably do a junior one on a separate night with just finger food and have a more formal dinner one for the seniors perhaps or if they were to keep it all together they could still manage a count for each grade.
Cost cutting for the catering for the junior count could see more get invited, would be nice to have the league send out a formal invitation to the top 10 perhaps or top 4 from each team?

There was enough downtime to mingle or eat, Mallala done a good job in getting the food out swiftly so there was no time wasted there.

6:40-7 (14's count)
7-7:15 (entree)
7:15-7:40 (17's count & junior awards)
7:40-8 (dinner)
8-8:20 (reserves count)
8:20-8:30 (dessert)
8:30-9 (A Grade count/team of the year and other honours)

Veitchy raced through the count swiftly and clearly, each round took less than a minute.

Overall, it was a good night, 80%+ of the guests were there on time and everyone was quiet during the formalities, all the winners were deserved and it was pretty well organised.

If time really is an issue you could still do counts for say the last 5 rounds in the junior grades atleast that would build up a bit of excitement for the kids.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Hazbeen » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:19 pm

Repeat of the 2021 GF tomorrow with Two Wells going for back to back flags against Balaklava.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:07 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Repeat of the 2021 GF tomorrow with Two Wells going for back to back flags against Balaklava.

Two Wells A grade Premiers for the 5th time in 10 seasons
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:44 pm

I’m hearing the cheque book at United is opening up for next year….. heard for a couple good sources that Jarred Almond could be heading there as a player coach on huge $$$$$$ and both beard brothers also could be heading back.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby OnSong » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:10 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:I’m hearing the cheque book at United is opening up for next year….. heard for a couple good sources that Jarred Almond could be heading there as a player coach on huge $$$$$$ and both beard brothers also could be heading back.

I spoke with Trav after Balaklava Cup and he was strongly considering coaching. Think they've got 18 points to play with so there's a huge scope for improvement.
OnSong
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:25 am

OnSong wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:I’m hearing the cheque book at United is opening up for next year….. heard for a couple good sources that Jarred Almond could be heading there as a player coach on huge $$$$$$ and both beard brothers also could be heading back.

I spoke with Trav after Balaklava Cup and he was strongly considering coaching. Think they've got 18 points to play with so there's a huge scope for improvement.

Thats interesting because he only just started a new job with a city based Council which i imagine would take up a fair bit of time.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:22 am

OnSong wrote:

15 points
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:02 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
OnSong wrote:

15 points

Plenty of points to play with and might just bring United back up the ladder. Is Almond originally from United? Thought he was from a different APFL club.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:56 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:
OnSong wrote:

15 points

Plenty of points to play with and might just bring United back up the ladder. Is Almond originally from United? Thought he was from a different APFL club.

Played his junior and senior colts at Two Wells and won an A grade flag with them when returning back in 2012 after having a year away from SANFL.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:
OnSong wrote:

15 points

Played his junior and senior colts at Two Wells and won an A grade flag with them when returning back in 2012 after having a year away from SANFL.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Postby football tragic » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:06 pm

Any truth Moss to Gawler Centrals?
Also Long Plains need a complete rebuild takes years to climb out of the hole they are in
Worse record than Angle Vale had.
Its taken them 5 years of hard work to get somewhere and United in same boat
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:37 am

Angle Vale building something big out there with a solid coaching group.

Their player retention of kids seems to be improving each year, they have some very talented juniors in the mix atm so I'd expect them to be around the mark next season and beyond.

The amount of talented kids playing for Two Wells is crazy too, they half at least half a dozen ready made A Graders.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Information HWY » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 am

Would a club like Trinity Old Scholars (footy & netball) strengthen the APFL in the medium to long term like Angle Vale has done after all these years?

Including a club like this from Gawler would be reasonable from a geographic perspective and more junior opportunities for the association as well!
Information HWY
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:23 am

Information HWY wrote:Would a club like Trinity Old Scholars (footy & netball) strengthen the APFL in the medium to long term like Angle Vale has done after all these years?

Including a club like this from Gawler would be reasonable from a geographic perspective and more junior opportunities for the association as well!

They'd need to include juniors and their juniors play Saturday mornings so it would be fair to say that it wouldn't eventuate.

Over the years a lot of Mallala/Two Wells kids played in the APFL spasmodically due to their Trinity commitments.

Sounds great in theory and the APFL I'm sure would welcome new clubs if they were to meet all of the required criteria.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Robran » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Angle Vale building something big out there with a solid coaching group.

Their player retention of kids seems to be improving each year, they have some very talented juniors in the mix atm so I'd expect them to be around the mark next season and beyond.

The amount of talented kids playing for Two Wells is crazy too, they half at least half a dozen ready made A Graders.

Add big Mumford to that announced at presentation on the weekend.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:15 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Angle Vale building something big out there with a solid coaching group.

It is little wonder. The population growth in these two areas alone is huge. Think there's a story in today's or yesterday's Tiser about the swelling residential developments at Two Wells.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/two-wells-is-sas-latest-boom-town-growing-faster-than-any-other-township/
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:20 am

OnSong wrote:

It is little wonder. The population growth in these two areas alone is huge. Think there's a story in today's or yesterday's Tiser about the swelling residential developments at Two Wells.

https://glamadelaide.com.au/two-wells-is-sas-latest-boom-town-growing-faster-than-any-other-township/

And I mean, all power to them in that regard but the following quote makes me a bit sick in the stomach:

Hudson Howells Economist, Phill Hudson, said
“Two Wells is different. It stands alone as a model of government and private sector collaboration delivering what new home buyers want – housing choice, housing affordability, education, community services, jobs and regional economic development. Two Wells is one of the youngest, most affordable, most progressive and fastest growing urban regions in Adelaide.”
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy