Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby jo172 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:41 am

Pretty shithouse thing for the advertiser to publish. Hard to see it being of any public interest relative to the harm it might do to the club's reputation/a young bloke who presumably regrets what he's done and may or may not have broader addiction issues.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 am

100% agree, terrible by the advertiser.
Balak have actually made a great choice by banning this lad, nobody wants this in their club with kids around.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:49 am

Mythical Creature wrote:100% agree, terrible by the advertiser.
Balak have actually made a great choice by banning this lad, nobody wants this in their club with kids around.

Poor form by the Advertiser but on the flip side, I think it gives Balaklava FC plenty of kudos from the broader community.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:44 pm

Melbourne Football Club could learn a thing or two from it
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Hector » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Poor form by the Advertiser but on the flip side, I think it gives Balaklava FC plenty of kudos from the broader community.

Hopefully the club is supporting the lad in some way though. It' the right decision to ban him, no one wants drugs in their club or community. If he is a local lad and not receiving support and just ostracized instead, I can't see him learning and having a positive future outcome. But maybe he has already had warnings and this was the final straw.
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Hazbeen » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:02 pm

The 2024 fixture is now live on playhq

https://www.playhq.com/afl/org/adelaide ... 1c1aafe/R1
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:50 am

For a side that had maxxed their points last season, Virginia are going pretty hard this off season.

How many points are they allowed in 2024? 35? :shock:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:For a side that had maxxed their points last season, Virginia are going pretty hard this off season.

All of them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:For a side that had maxxed their points last season, Virginia are going pretty hard this off season.

I noticed they just signed a bloke from Eudunda Saints.

Solid enough recruit. Played a bit of b grade last year and was a 'good' inside mid / mid size forward type at that level.

From what i saw was serviceable in their A Grade on the occasion he did play against out a grade. Looked a bit out of his depth atheltically in the midfield against our lads but in fairness our guys are half reasonable and absolute fitness freaks.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Password Please » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:01 am

My advice, proceed with caution.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Toto » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:31 am

I’m a Hills D1 follower and I’ve heard/read lots of positive things about Wayne Knowles as a coach calling him the “Messiah” but from what I see he just spends a lot of money recruiting for a couple years and then leaves for another opportunity. Has he actually won a flag? Probably why he hasn’t coached in the big 3 (GSFL, HFL D1, BLGFA). still won’t get near Two Wells.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Chappy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:27 pm

Toto wrote:I’m a Hills D1 follower and I’ve heard/read lots of positive things about Wayne Knowles as a coach calling him the “Messiah” but from what I see he just spends a lot of money recruiting for a couple years and then leaves for another opportunity. Has he actually won a flag? Probably why he hasn’t coached in the big 3 (GSFL, HFL D1, BLGFA). still won’t get near Two Wells.

coached or was assistant recently at Woody South too from memory
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Toto wrote:I’m a Hills D1 follower and I’ve heard/read lots of positive things about Wayne Knowles as a coach calling him the “Messiah” but from what I see he just spends a lot of money recruiting for a couple years and then leaves for another opportunity. Has he actually won a flag? Probably why he hasn’t coached in the big 3 (GSFL, HFL D1, BLGFA). still won’t get near Two Wells.

He did the hard yards at Virginia this season winning just the one game.

He now has the assistance of Tommy Javor as the Football Director and they aren’t trying to buy a flag, they are trying to build a culture.

They were a long way off the pace last season with a very young list, they have retained the kids (that was their first priority) and have got a fair few young lads back that used to play for them, they’ve obviously recruited some serious talent along the way too.

Tommy has a great footy brain and is very well respected in the footy circles, I can see him and Wayne sticking around for a while out there, there’s plenty of talented kids coming through and there’s a good positive vibe around the place, even after the long season they just endured.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Password Please » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Chappy wrote:

coached or was assistant recently at Woody South too from memory

Ingle Farm i think, they dropped from Div 6 to Div 7 but had the option to be re instated in Div 6, duely won the flag in Div 7 as they should have.
Yeh, no real big scalps.
Password Please

Postby Password Please » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

He did the hard yards at Virginia this season winning just the one game.

He now has the assistance of Tommy Javor as the Football Director and they aren’t trying to buy a flag, they are trying to build a culture.

They were a long way off the pace last season with a very young list, they have retained the kids (that was their first priority) and have got a fair few young lads back that used to play for them, they’ve obviously recruited some serious talent along the way too.

Tommy has a great footy brain and is very well respected in the footy circles, I can see him and Wayne sticking around for a while out there, there’s plenty of talented kids coming through and there’s a good positive vibe around the place, even after the long season they just endured.

Those kids are zero and negative pointers as well, very handy when recruiting older more experienced players.
Good luck to them, I know my son is looking forward to being involved at a club that is well and truely community based and support their sporting culture.
Should be fun getting to park around an oval and watching the sides go at it, looking forward to it.
Password Please

Postby Yank Man » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Bit harsh :D he spent 2 years at WWT Eagles as an assistant to Michael Godden
Coached Mannum in RMFL for 3 years
Was RMFL interleague coach in 2021, SANFL SA community coach of the year 2021.
Plus he’s a level 3 coach.
The only people who call him the ‘Messiah’ is that other well known football media identity. Wayne himself would be a little embarrassed hearing that. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:23 pm

Adelaide Plains female footy starts this weekend, Sunday 25th Feb, hosted by Hamley Bridge FC. Under 14 & Under 17 games played Sunday mornings. Clubs involved are Angle Vale, Balaklava, Hamley Bridge & Two Wells. Contact your club if any girls want to join a team.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:39 am

Cheers to Balak for a good hit out last night

Great hospitality, the deck was awesome and a trial played the way they should be with both teams getting plenty out of it I’m sure.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:43 am

whufc wrote:Cheers to Balak for a good hit out last night

Great hospitality, the deck was awesome and a trial played the way they should be with both teams getting plenty out of it I’m sure.

How’s the never ending pocket?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Information HWY » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:05 pm

Is 2024 due to be interesting, or another Two Wells v Mallala final for the 2622525 year?

With more schools, more development and more population to pull from, is it finally time to talk about a shake up with Two Wells graduating to the BL&G and Freeling moving in the other direction? Reunited with old Gawler & District rivals, strong Barossa clubs might make sense and both leagues retain the same numbers
Information HWY
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 16 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy