UMPIRES WALK OUT ON RIVER MURRAY OVER PAY!

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

UMPIRES WALK OUT ON RIVER MURRAY OVER PAY!

Postby Signman1972 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 pm

Can anyone conferm that ALL the A-Grade umpires have walked because they don't get
PAID enought in the River Murray. ($100 a Game.) I herd they are off to the
other River Murray Comp with Robertstown, Cadell-Morgan etc. for $300+Travel
a game. Is this true?
What do the other Umpires get PAID in other comp's?

How will the River Murray Replace about 8 A-Grade Umpires in a year?
Will be tough on the players if thats the case!
Signman1972
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Clare

Re: UMPIRES WALK OUT ON RIVER MURRAY OVER PAY!

Postby BL&G_Ump » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Thats fairly disappointing if true, if money is the main motive however you have to question these guys actual skills...
BL&G_Ump
Rookie

Postby Dashin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:57 pm

BL&G_Ump wrote:Thats fairly disappointing if true, if money is the main motive however you have to question these guys actual skills...

Why else would you umpire, i couldn't think of doing anything worse than having to be an umpire!
Dashin
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 pm

If true i thought i would of heard something at training last night. If they have it makes it tough to play the game.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby FootyWiz81 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:14 pm

That is really disapointing that it is going to make it harder for players just because a bunch a wanks want more money, at least tell the league that an give them a little while to work an amount out, now were left with lower grade umpires, like B grade Umpires doin 15s 17s B's A's all on one day now they will go home with around 300 asmuch as the other ones wanted,
i have to say they never done a great job in the A grade in RMFL, poor on impling new rules an then alot of supporters think there favourtising the club they come from aka. Frogy Farnham (Inperials)

I know i got a sneak peek at the Imperials Internal Trial Game tuesday night an the guy next to me was saying these are all the umpires the RMFL has now, an there was some that would struggle to run out a 15s game (Shultz) an all up i think there was about 7 umpires including 2 blokes from Imps that would properly do juniors maybe, Gary Hodge and Brett Lieneit
FootyWiz81
Under 16s

Postby Pag » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 pm

FootyWiz81 wrote:That is really disapointing that it is going to make it harder for players just because a bunch a wanks want more money
I don't know anything about the RMFL, but players leave clubs and associations for more money every year. If the umpires think they're going to get a better deal in the MMFL, then why wouldn't they go?

You're right, the game can't happen without umpires, so maybe the RMFL may have to work a bit harder to keep them around. It's the same with any job, if another company is going to offer three times as much money to do the same job, you'd have to at least consider it, especially with the economy the way it is? I'm sure if you asked a Holden worker who umpired if they wanted the extra $200 a week, they'd probably take it at the moment.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby floataboy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:36 pm

wouldnt surprise me if true.

from talking to umpires previously the RMFL do a shit job at looking after them (considering how crucial it is to have quality umps in the comp)

the RMFL lost a handful of the better umps during the season last year as they had had enough of the way they were treated on and off the field from players and supporters. they also felt that the league gave them no support and didnt back them up and that they failed to promote umpiring to young people to replenesh the ranks.

good on em for showing the league that they are serious and that they should be looked after

the down side is obvously for the players as they may have to play under some pretty dubious conditions.

noone else to blame but the RMFL committee!

its a problem that has been going on for a few years now and some umps predicted last year that eventually the league would end up with none left.
floataboy
Under 16s

Postby Jailbird » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 am

From Hills perspective ours umps get $120 each for A's then $80 or $85 for B's then it wittles down. We don't have to travel as far in most cases but I would have thought that RMFL would be offering the same or similar? plus their standard travel incentive to mannum and meningie that I know they receive.

Do they have a further meeting planned about the abortion of RMFL?
Jailbird
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby BL&G_Ump » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Taking all this into account, we get a pretty good deal up here in the Barossa...
BL&G_Ump
Rookie

Postby Bag & Sledge » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

BL&G_Ump wrote:Taking all this into account, we get a pretty good deal up here in the Barossa...

How much do the BLG Umps get?
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Signman1972 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 am

FootyWiz81 wrote:That is really disapointing that it is going to make it harder for players just because a bunch a wanks want more money, at least tell the league that an give them a little while to work an amount out, now were left with lower grade umpires, like B grade Umpires doin 15s 17s B's A's all on one day now they will go home with around 300 asmuch as the other ones wanted,
i have to say they never done a great job in the A grade in RMFL, poor on impling new rules an then alot of supporters think there favourtising the club they come from aka. Frogy Farnham (Inperials)

I know i got a sneak peek at the Imperials Internal Trial Game tuesday night an the guy next to me was saying these are all the umpires the RMFL has now, an there was some that would struggle to run out a 15s game (Shultz) an all up i think there was about 7 umpires including 2 blokes from Imps that would properly do juniors maybe, Gary Hodge and Brett Lieneit

I believe the River Murray had 12 months of Negotiations with the Umpires Panel, and if you
think you had bad Umpires last year this year will turn out far worst. I watched the Grand Finals last year & the 3 Guys in A-Grade & 2 Guys in the B-Grade ALL did a great job & I didnt even
notice them. I believe ALL these umpires are leaving for the Mid-Murray.

Great Southern Umpires are on $150 each for a game!

Last bumped by Signman1972 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:32 am.
Signman1972
Rookie

Grassroots Team: North Clare

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy