Footy trips 09!!!!

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Footy trips 09!!!!

Postby teamwork » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Has anyone started making plans for the 2009 end of season trips?
I have been speaking with the guys from "footytrips.com.au" they are getting us some quotes together, have any clubs used these guys before?
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships
teamwork
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Footy trips 09!!!!

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:44 pm

they called me the other day, someone gave them my number and told them i'm the A's captain... so they're sending me some gear. i'd like to know more about them too actually...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Brock Landers » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 pm

If you've got someone willing to put in the research hours or are sponsered by a travel agent it is much cheaper to book it yourself, or through the agent.

We went to Perth, staying 2 per room for $100 cheaper per head than what they quoted us for dorm accomodation.

They were getting quite aggresive trying to sell their package to us as well.
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby BJ Ernest » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:47 pm

We've used them before. They organise ur flights and accommodation for you.

They are more expensive than doing it yourself but they do get you there and back together and do the organising for you.

I agree with Brock tho, if you can get a group of u together to do the work then do it that way!

Where are you looking at going? We used them for the gold coast. Request the Islander Hotel if you go there. A good footy trip hotel in a ripper location about 50m from cavill ave!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby teamwork » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:54 pm

We are having a vote on it this week, It will either be Gold Coast or to Melbourne for Derby Day at the races! What about you lads BJ?
teamwork
Under 18s

Postby blackcat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 pm

teamwork wrote:Has anyone started making plans for the 2009 end of season trips?
I have been speaking with the guys from "footytrips.com.au" they are getting us some quotes together, have any clubs used these guys before?

I would recommend that you dont use footytrips.com. They are hopeless. They pretty much ripped us off a few years ago, if we had organised it ourselves we would of saved a sh!t load. I think Salisbury FC used them last year and they booked the wrong nights for them???
blackcat
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Yetti » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:10 pm

Brock Landers wrote:If you've got someone willing to put in the research hours or are sponsered by a travel agent it is much cheaper to book it yourself, or through the agent.

We went to Perth, staying 2 per room for $100 cheaper per head than what they quoted us for dorm accomodation.

They were getting quite aggresive trying to sell their package to us as well.

BL
know a couple of good places at Robe!
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby wal65 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:15 pm

I'm a mobile licensed travel consultant and work independently from home.

I'd be happy to do a quote for any clubs/players thinking of doing end of season footy trips to anywhere.

Leave a reply and I'll get back to you
wal65
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:37 pm

You can't go wrong with Victor Harbor.
It's not too far away and it always goes off.
I've been there four times on footy/cricket trips and I'm hoping we go there again this year.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby teamwork » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:33 pm

wal65 wrote:I'm a mobile licensed travel consultant and work independently from home.

I'd be happy to do a quote for any clubs/players thinking of doing end of season footy trips to anywhere.

Leave a reply and I'll get back to you

I have sent you a PM with some details mate.
teamwork
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:58 pm

blackcat wrote:
teamwork wrote:Has anyone started making plans for the 2009 end of season trips?

I would recommend that you dont use footytrips.com. They are hopeless. They pretty much ripped us off a few years ago, if we had organised it ourselves we would of saved a sh!t load. I think Salisbury FC used them last year and they booked the wrong nights for them???
You'd be right blackcat, we were in Geelong Thursday/Friday/Saturday night, and they booked us in Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby limb » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Pag wrote:
blackcat wrote:

You'd be right blackcat, we were in Geelong Thursday/Friday/Saturday night, and they booked us in Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

all-nighter Thursday night then??
limb
Under 18s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Chuck Norris wrote:You can't go wrong with Victor Harbor.
It's not too far away and it always goes off.
I've been there four times on footy/cricket trips and I'm hoping we go there again this year.

Yep have been down there for our cricket end of season trip for the last 3 seasons. In the 3 years that we have been at our accommodation we have called the Fireys when some clown set off the fire extinguisher, the angry Pommy broke a window within 2 hours of getting there the second time we went there and this season just gone we were just a little too loud for the neighbours on the Friday night till about 3.30am. We copped daggers from the locals all weekend all good fun.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Pag » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:15 pm

limb wrote:
Pag wrote:
blackcat wrote:

all-nighter Thursday night then??
Luckily, the hotel were quite accommodating towards us and actually rang up some people who had booked in (but weren't there yet) and refunded them their money for the night so they could get us in. Those others would've been the ones doing the all-nighter, sucked to be them.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Old School » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:34 pm

teamwork wrote:We are having a vote on it this week, It will either be Gold Coast or to Melbourne for Derby Day at the races! What about you lads BJ?

The Goldy or Derby Day... Have been to both. The goldy would be my choice for footy trip. That way all the boys can stick together. The races are less bonding time with the boys plus you wanna get up the beach sun and scenery of the goldy. The Malalla boys hit the gold coast last year and pretty sure they all had a good time. Maybe even some of them got a quiet disco pash at one of the many nite clubs!
Old School

Postby Scratched » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:27 am

A few places that we are thinking of are Pt Douglus, Byron Bay, Darwin and Ballarat (for races). Hopefully we can make up our minds soon so we can start organising early.
Scratched

Postby Toronto » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:54 pm

we looking at darwin or perth this year, anyone got any cracker ideas for fundraising?
Toronto
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Toronto wrote: anyone got any cracker ideas for fundraising?

Find your most feminine looking player and sell his arse. Works for Paringa every year ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Stevie_K » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:35 pm

The way our player fines have increased in 09, we will be heading OS!
Bays since Birth - Go you mighty Tigers!
Stevie_K
Under 18s

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Toronto wrote: anyone got any cracker ideas for fundraising?

Find your most feminine looking player and sell his arse. Works for Paringa every year ;)

That's why we've been trying to recruit you DW!
We'd make a mint off your arse!
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy