SANFL Rule

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

SANFL Rule

Postby long sleeve lover » Fri May 22, 2009 12:48 am

Just curious on people's opinion on the following rule:

A player cannot play in the Barossa Light and Gawler Football League if they have played the last round for an SANFL club (league or reserves).

This has left a young bloke from a Gawler Club without a game of footy this weekend. The player in question had played 3 out of a possible 4 games for his local club and only played the match preceding the state game with the SANFL Club. It is a fairly well-known fact that SANFL clubs are not going to release league footballers to play local footy on a bye weekend so i cant see the reason for the association bringing these rules in...

I just find it strange that the player in question is unable to front up in a minor round match but would be allowed to play in a final...
long sleeve lover
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Re: SANFL Rule

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri May 22, 2009 11:19 pm

As one example then I assume that means Brett Woodards won't be getting a game this weekend if he was in fact looking for one?
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Killa » Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 pm

My impression from June I think he can not swap back because these things happen in another country league with Wade Thompson 2-3 years back when can not play after June because he needs a clearance. This still gets me how thre so many rules to go back to your local club. For the state game and bye week end i know they can not play it is same rule in SAAFL
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby been there done that » Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 pm

Interesting topic. If the player is a regular league player i think the SANFL club probarly has first hold on the player in my opinion. If he is a fringe player who got a game because of injurys or unavailability then in my opinion the player should be able to go back to the country league he played for previously as long as that club is in the Zone of the SANFL club. Just my opinion.
been there done that
Rookie

Postby couchie » Tue May 26, 2009 11:54 pm

it happened with us this weekend just gone, with norwood bye. the kid was only reserves but he wasnt allowed to play...he was runner...he ran well
couchie
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy