GSFL B Grade

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

GSFL B Grade

Postby a2m » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Looks to be a pretty tight finals series coming up, has it been this close a comp in previous years? Looks any of the top 5 could challenge for the major prize coming up...
----------------------
Chicks dig scars...
a2m
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Re: GSFL B Grade

Postby innocent bystander » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 pm

it may come down to home ground advantage
innocent bystander
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby jackpot jim » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Home ground advantage ? Means squat once the hooter blows and the ball is chucked up.
Agree tho, very open. The 'B' grade is generally the grade where anything can happen in finals, with 4th and 5th teams a genuine chance especially if their 'A' grade is out of finals contention with 2 rounds to go. :roll:
The Creek are currently top but certainly dont play like it at times from what i've seen. May be with LIMB back in the line up, they'll crank up a cog or two leading into the finals.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby hereforthebeer » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 pm

langhorne were too good for us today and have now sealed up top spot and only losing 2 games for the year so far would have to be favourites, they play willunga this coming week but i think they will get over the line against them, but the reality is this is probably the closest b grade comp there has been in years with any of the top 4 a chance on their day, compass too arent out off it but would need to play at there absolute best to be around the mark
who ever thought of the saying winning isn't everything, probably lost!!
hereforthebeer
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby limb » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 am

Should be a belter of a finals series for the 'magoos'.. definitely agree with hftb - any of the top 4 teams are capable of beating each other on their day. The standard of footy being played by the top 2's sides has been good to watch too. Certainly not like the old days where it was for all the old has-beens. Plenty of good youngsters running around.
limb
Under 18s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 am

limb wrote:Should be a belter of a finals series for the 'magoos'.. definitely agree with hftb - any of the top 4 teams are capable of beating each other on their day. The standard of footy being played by the top 2's sides has been good to watch too. Certainly not like the old days where it was for all the old has-beens. Plenty of good youngsters running around.

If the good youngsters were any good, they'd be playing 'A' grade.
I'd still back the so-called "old has beens" Creek side side of yesteryear to beat the current team.
BTW limb, what category do u put yourself in these days?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby limb » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:48 pm

I think I'm somewhere in between Jim.. I don't think I can class myself of a "has-been". I'm probably more of a "never-was".
limb
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:12 pm

limb wrote:I think I'm somewhere in between Jim.. I don't think I can class myself of a "has-been". I'm probably more of a "never-was".

:lol: :lol: Just like me in my brief career for the Hawks many moons ago ;)
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Kick 'N' Catch » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:42 am

hereforthebeer wrote:langhorne were too good for us today and have now sealed up top spot and only losing 2 games for the year so far would have to be favourites, they play willunga this coming week but i think they will get over the line against them, but the reality is this is probably the closest b grade comp there has been in years with any of the top 4 a chance on their day, compass too arent out off it but would need to play at there absolute best to be around the mark

no offence hftb but mclarens are a long way of the mark... top 2 teams possibly the 3rd will play off all other teams while quality units in their own right dont have the match winners to match it with the top 3. think willunga have the biggest scope to improve after playing both teams recently with players to come in and cant be written off.langhornes however are definately a wuality unit where as strath i feel are a little off the mark...
"It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up."
Kick 'N' Catch
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby a2m » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:27 am

Kick 'N' Catch wrote:
hereforthebeer wrote:langhorne were too good for us today and have now sealed up top spot and only losing 2 games for the year so far would have to be favourites, they play willunga this coming week but i think they will get over the line against them, but the reality is this is probably the closest b grade comp there has been in years with any of the top 4 a chance on their day, compass too arent out off it but would need to play at there absolute best to be around the mark

no offence hftb but mclarens are a long way of the mark... top 2 teams possibly the 3rd will play off all other teams while quality units in their own right dont have the match winners to match it with the top 3. think willunga have the biggest scope to improve after playing both teams recently with players to come in and cant be written off.langhornes however are definately a wuality unit where as strath i feel are a little off the mark...

You just said mclaren are a long way off the mark, yet you said the top 2 teams maybe the top 3 will play off for the grand final, mclaren are 3rd, and they have beaten every team this year...
----------------------
Chicks dig scars...
a2m
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Titanic » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:57 pm

a2m wrote:
Kick 'N' Catch wrote:

You just said mclaren are a long way off the mark, yet you said the top 2 teams maybe the top 3 will play off for the grand final, mclaren are 3rd, and they have beaten every team this year...

Im sure the Mclaren boys wont be too worried about being written off !!! Although i do recall them sitting high on the ladder and after having a quick look thru the scores for the season they have as A2M said beaten everybody at some stage
Titanic
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby youdogz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm

mclaren vale will be looking very good going into finals and i dont think any team would mind be written off, so easy to fly under the radar.

willunga will be looking to put in a better effort this weekend after being beat by the creeks last time they met very easy, and also the possibility of dropping to fourth you will think willunga would have more incentive to win,

luckily enough i see most teams have the Bs and A's in the finals besides vale but i would be thinking he would like to keep the same squad they have had all year??? especially after all the work they have put in for the year to get where they are.

should be a cracker finals series, closer then what it has been in the previous years.
youdogz
Mini-League

Postby limb » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:09 pm

I rate McLaren as one of the main chances.. the fact that they are the only B Grade finalist without their A Grade playing finals may mean that they'll have a slightly stronger side come finals as well.
limb
Under 18s

GSFL B Grade Medal

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Anyone got any ideas who the favourites are for the B grade medal this year??

Given the closeness of the competition this year, could prove to be a close count..

Who are the 1-2 players from each club likely to poll well do u think??
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times

Postby Z-mac » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Cant go by Jimmy Batzavalis from compass. seems to be getting better the older he gets ;)
Z-mac
Rookie

Postby Mutley » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Z-mac wrote:Cant go by Jimmy Batzavalis from compass. seems to be getting better the older he gets ;)

Good call Z-mac but he may have missed out on 3 votes last week by not playing. No train, no play - the big hairy man couldn't get a game!!!! ha ha!
Mutley

Postby youdogz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 pm

who go invited from each club, im pretty sure it was gilby gibbo and hoppo from willunga, my opinion is that gilby and gibbo missed too much footy throughout the year.

ya couldnt go passed one of the creek boys, finishing top and only losing two matches for the year, only problem could steal votes off eachother.
youdogz
Mini-League

Postby hereforthebeer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 am

Kick 'N' Catch wrote:

none taken just check the ladder we know where we are at, no offence i wouldnt judge anyones form against your mob mate whether you lose by 15 or 20 goals doesnt make much of a difference either way you got pumped.
hereforthebeer
Under 18s

Postby ball breaker » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:34 pm

So .... we're into the finals .... [-o< [-o<

should be a great finals series ... like any b grade it will depend on injuries to the teams a'grade side!!

This weeks games:

Saturday @ Victor Harbor

B Grade: McLaren vs Strathalbyn

Sunday @ Langhorne Creek

B Grade: Willunga vs Mount Compass

good luck to all the players/clubs/officials etc ...
ball breaker
Under 16s

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby hereforthebeer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:19 pm

one down and it couldn't have been sweeter to hear that willunga are out, for the first time in 8 years i think they wont be playing in the gf, so that leaves compass to play strath in the do or die game next sunday and mclaren to play langhorne for a birth in the gf on saturday, im sure limb and his boys didnt mind seeing us and strath slog it out in the wet yesterday, though it wasnt the prettiest football that has ever been played it was alive untill the last 5 mins when we got the best bounce of the day to give us enough of lead to bottle it up for the rest of the game
hereforthebeer
Under 18s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy