BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: 2009 BL&G Season

Postby The Duke » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:29 am

Liquid Confidence wrote:So with all this discussion over the Tigers of the Gawler variety, havent we forgotten about the Nuriootpa Tigers....
Who will they appoint!

And what about Kapunda, they WANT Vivian, no secret there, but does he want them, thats the question!
Will the current Kapunda group actually show any respect for any other coach after losing such a close friend and mentor. Was always going to be hard for Prouse last year, Players were never going to make it easy... Not intentionally perhaps, but not a nice position for them to be in either!!!
I believe that will be a tough job for the next few years, no matter who has the top job.

As for Gawler Centrals, applications close today according to the ad in the paper, so I would suggest a decision cant be too far away, if it already hasnt been made....

Im off on an overseas holiday this afternoon, so I look forward to hearing/reading all the news when I get back!

Liquid - Old news now, Nuri have appointed Stafford for his second dip at the Nuri Tigers. Be interesting to see if he is the master coach that he was supposedly back in their golden era. I still say that he was at the helm and the beneficiary of a freak bunch of local talents that come through at the same time. I suppose it doesn't matter he's got the success to show. Its got me why a new thread has started.
Are you prepared to pay the price? WILL YOU PAY THE PRICE?
The Duke
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Edgar05 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:36 pm

[/quote]Liquid - Old news now, Nuri have appointed Stafford for his second dip at the Nuri Tigers. Be interesting to see if he is the master coach that he was supposedly back in their golden era. I still say that he was at the helm and the beneficiary of a freak bunch of local talents that come through at the same time. I suppose it doesn't matter he's got the success to show. Its got me why a new thread has started.[/quote]

I have said this before... I think Stafford will struggle attracting the quality key position players they need to really trouble the top sides. Has Nuri lost any players of note? Conversely, have they gained any one in particular?
Tim Clarke was the #1 player in the AFL
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby keen observer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:00 am

Any news on who is the front runner for GC job yet?
Have heard on here Payne is in running, is that true and wouldnt coaching div 2 be a higher level?
keen observer
Rookie

Postby brianb » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 pm

matt herrmann to coach a grade at gawler centrals.. u have to be kidding. he might of coached senior colts to a grand final but they FAILED on the day that counts.surely needs a lot more experience before even thinks of looking at an a grade gig.as for wacka dawe he might have the respect of the players but as for coaching his methods of coaching would be seen as amauterish by other rival senior coaches.. imoa.. seeing wacka at the second semi final of the sanfl dressed in some sort of runners clothes only further believes my opinion he couldnt coaxh a grade pr
professionally [might work in b grade ] ... you wouldnt see any other a grade coach behaving like that. if any of these two do get the gig then gawler central will be going backwards in 2009.
brianb
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm

Liquid - Old news now, Nuri have appointed Stafford for his second dip at the Nuri Tigers. Be interesting to see if he is the master coach that he was supposedly back in their golden era. I still say that he was at the helm and the beneficiary of a freak bunch of local talents that come through at the same time. I suppose it doesn't matter he's got the success to show. Its got me why a new thread has started.[/quote]

Interesting that you think that it was a freak bunch of local players. Personally I believe that it was a lot of hard work that stafford was able to get the players to do. I wouldn't suggest that they did it purely on natural ability.
I hope that he can rebuild the culture that he managed to instigate in the late 90s, and create more success for the next generation of locals.
Dreamer

Postby test » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:25 pm

has stafford had any success since leaving nuri, and where has he been coaching?
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby boozehound » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:47 pm

GC coach has been announced. C payne did NOT get the job. Surprise surprise they went for local knowledge. Apparently Payne and the new coach were the last two standing and very tough decision. Time will tell if the right call was made.
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Edgar05 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:51 pm

boozehound wrote:GC coach has been announced. C payne did NOT get the job. Surprise surprise they went for local knowledge. Apparently Payne and the new coach were the last two standing and very tough decision. Time will tell if the right call was made.

Who was the successful applicant then Boozehound??
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby boozehound » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Dont know mate. May have been Hermann?? Stirlo??
Harsh but fair.....
boozehound
League Bench Warmer

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Edgar05 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:40 pm

boozehound wrote:Dont know mate. May have been Hermann?? Stirlo??

So all you know is that Payne didn't get the job?? What does that mean for him?? How does Eastern Park feel about him applying for all of these other jobs??

Has Eastern Park picked up any players for their crack at Div 2?? Are they looking??
Edgar05
Rookie

Postby OneNine » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Nothing against Payne, But what has he really done as a player? and a coach?? I did see him play for "The Pines" a long time ago? but has he played at a League Club? or reserves??
Everything is fair!
OneNine

Postby Hafey » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:39 pm

Craig Dawe is Gawler Centrals coach for 2009.

His presentation which outlined his 4 year plan to take the club to the next level sealed the deal.
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Stirlo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Hafey wrote:Craig Dawe is Gawler Centrals coach for 2009.

His presentation which outlined his 4 year plan to take the club to the next level sealed the deal.

Your on the money Hafey. The GC tigers have gone with one of their own, Craig Crab Dawe, his apprenticeship under our longest serving master coach peter vivian and a couple of years under jamie thomas in the div 1 ameture league should put him in good sted to take the helm at BLG level.
Stirlo

Postby lovecricket » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:33 pm

Stirlo wrote:

Your on the money Hafey. The GC tigers have gone with one of their own, Craig Crab Dawe, his apprenticeship under our longest serving master coach peter vivian and a couple of years under jamie thomas in the div 1 ameture league should put him in good sted to take the helm at BLG level.

Im glad that that is finally done , sick of hearing about it
lovecricket
Mini-League

Postby Don Brook » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:50 pm

RRRRRRRRRRRRR, The current preso. gives Brant the flick to open the path for the best mate to get the coaching gig, the Smiths and Dawes go back a long way

Least we will not have to read he crap he writes on the inside of the Barracker any more.......

Hope you are happy with the appointment Stirlo you might start showing your face around the club more often, do you want me to call Smith and book a seat for next years B & F.
Don Brook
Rookie

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 am

Stirlo wrote:

Craig Dawe... Interesting they took this long to seal the deal!!!! Glad its done and dusted. Now its Kapunda's turn!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby aceman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 am

Don Brook wrote:

RRRRRRRRRRRRR, The current preso. gives Brant the flick to open the path for the best mate to get the coaching gig, the Smiths and Dawes go back a long way

Least we will not have to read he crap he writes on the inside of the Barracker any more.......

Hope you are happy with the appointment Stirlo you might start showing your face around the club more often, do you want me to call Smith and book a seat for next years B & F.

Sounds like a bit of nepotism to me! :lol:
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Stirlo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:01 am

Don Brook wrote:

Whatever Don Brook, you just get back to digging yourself out of that massive hole your so called leaders have created for yourselfs. I hear that if it wasn't for the success of the netballers your B&F could have been held in an elevator.
Stirlo

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:10 am

Those Willaston netballers are alright though. After the GF there I didn't want to leave.

Almost made some money just being a spectator too. During the Tanunda lap of honour instead of throwing streamers over the players, the supporters threw $50 notes!
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 am

Let's hope the SANFL job that Mick O'Brien was going for wasn't the Community Football Manager's role looking after the promotion of country and metro footy leagues. If he gets the job we'll never hear about football, just about a pre WWII district cricket match!
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy