BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I'd love to know who the former official is that's been banned 8)

A lot more to this that probably won’t see the light of day

Please explain!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I'd love to know who the former official is that's been banned 8)

A lot more to this that probably won’t see the light of day

Please explain!

My understanding is the coach was handing out payments without the clubs knowledge or consent.
7 days to appeal so I wonder what will happen. Pretty poor that the outcome was released via media before the official was informed by the league though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Genuine question. How didn’t the club know $000’s of dollars was being handed out prior to the season starting? Or was he signed up during the year?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:15 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Genuine question. How didn’t the club know $000’s of dollars was being handed out prior to the season starting? Or was he signed up during the year?

It wouldnt have come out of the clubs accounts, a sponsor or someone wouldve given him a bit of cash, only been found out because Glenn supposedly dobbed em in. I wonder if there is any evidence other than Glenn saying they paid me a sign on?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:03 am

daysofourlives wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Genuine question. How didn’t the club know $000’s of dollars was being handed out prior to the season starting? Or was he signed up during the year?

It wouldnt have come out of the clubs accounts, a sponsor or someone wouldve given him a bit of cash, only been found out because Glenn supposedly dobbed em in. I wonder if there is any evidence other than Glenn saying they paid me a sign on?

Apparently not.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Apparently not.

Considering the amount the CFL said he was paid and the actual amount is poles apart i think youre right.
The outcome smells of a negotiated result, where Willaston have agreed to terms to make it go away, no real penalty but lets make it sound like we are wacking you.
Willastons destiny still in their own hands this season.

Does this mean every disgruntled former player can now say they were paid a sign on fee to get their previous club in the shit?
Does Glenn ever want to play for an amateur club again? Not the smartest move i wouldnt have thought
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Oval Ball » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:01 pm

When you break down the penalties the CFB are all puff and wind.
$7000. fine, the donnybrooks have a couple of shows coming up so the fine is covered.
Lost of six points this year and if things go there way they will still play finals.
Lost of Apps points next 2 years, so when you take the six points off this year and the way the BLGFA points are worked out they will probably end up with more points next year than they had this year.
The coach gets 12 months suspension and from what I've heard he wasn't coaching next year anyway.
The other official gets 24 months and he isn't involved anymore and I've been told he is not to fussed about the suspension as he is up on the sunshine coast working on his tan, drinking corona's all day.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby heater31 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Wouldn't want to get caught again though.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

BL&G Football League

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Apparently not.

Considering the amount the CFL said he was paid and the actual amount is poles apart i think youre right.
The outcome smells of a negotiated result, where Willaston have agreed to terms to make it go away, no real penalty but lets make it sound like we are wacking you.
Willastons destiny still in their own hands this season.

Does this mean every disgruntled former player can now say they were paid a sign on fee to get their previous club in the shit?
Does Glenn ever want to play for an amateur club again? Not the smartest move i wouldnt have thought

Both Josh’s sisters are still playing netball at Willaston aswell which would be a little awkward I’d imagine
Jim05
Coach

Postby Oval Ball » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Some interesting results yesterday with South Gawler losing to Nuri and Willaston knocking off Tanunda ,looks like Willaston will still play finals. Were Willaston that good or did Tanunda do there X premiership player Greenwood a favour. As we know all the BLGFA clubs stick together and have no respect for the CFB.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Oval Ball wrote:Some interesting results yesterday with South Gawler losing to Nuri and Willaston knocking off Tanunda ,looks like Willaston will still play finals. Were Willaston that good or did Tanunda do there X premiership player Greenwood a favour. As we know all the BLGFA clubs stick together and have no respect for the CFB.

Hope Willaston win the flag and stick it up the CFB.
Shaun Baker coached them yesterday apparently.
Bit of a stretch to suggest Tanunda deliberately lost
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Oval Ball wrote:Some interesting results yesterday with South Gawler losing to Nuri and Willaston knocking off Tanunda ,looks like Willaston will still play finals. Were Willaston that good or did Tanunda do there X premiership player Greenwood a favour. As we know all the BLGFA clubs stick together and have no respect for the CFB.

Hope Willaston win the flag and stick it up the CFB.
Shaun Baker coached them yesterday apparently.
Bit of a stretch to suggest Tanunda deliberately lost

South beat Tanunda by about 7 goals a few weeks ago and Willaston are a far better side than us so not shocked to see them beat Tanunda. Willaston will play finals and most probably play Nuri in the GF IMO
Jim05
Coach

Postby Oval Ball » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:27 pm

Any news are Willaston challenging the penalties handed down.
Oval Ball
Mini-League

Postby Hasbeen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm

North Adelaide player and Gawler resident Leigh Ryswyk retiring from the Roosters but wants to play local next year. Any takers?
Hasbeen
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Killa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Hasbeen wrote:North Adelaide player and Gawler resident Leigh Ryswyk retiring from the Roosters but wants to play local next year. Any takers?

Barossa
Killa
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Willaston appealing, does that mean there is no penalties untl that is heard? Premiership tables still have all their points, sitting top at the moment
Is Greenwood back coaching them then?
Will they just keep adjurning it until the season is over?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:49 pm

Killa wrote:
Hasbeen wrote:North Adelaide player and Gawler resident Leigh Ryswyk retiring from the Roosters but wants to play local next year. Any takers?

Barossa

Probably be another joint coach.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Anyone able to post the article re josh Glenn it’s subscriber only
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Ex-Gold Coast Suns rookie Joshua William Glenn and Curtis Scot Marks admit to drunken assault
Jordanna Schriever, The Advertiser
an hour ago
Subscriber only
A FORMER AFL player and his footballing co-accused have admitted to drunkenly assaulting another man outside a pub — an incident a magistrate has labelled “a scourge on modern society”.

Joshua William Glenn, 24, broke the victim’s nose when he repeatedly punched him after being kicked out of Gawler’s Exchange Hotel just before midnight on March 2.

He appeared in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Thursday where he and co-accused Curtis Scot Marks both pleaded guilty to an aggravated count of recklessly causing harm to another.

Glenn, a current Norwood SANFL player, was drafted to the Gold Coast Suns from Central District with pick seven in the 2014 rookie draft.

Joshua William Glenn outside the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Thursday. Picture: AAP / Brenton Edwards
He played five games for the Suns before quitting the club at the end of 2015, citing homesickness.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Neil Kinsey on Wednesday told the court Glenn, 24, of Elizabeth Grove and Marks, 21, of Willaston, were “quite intoxicated” when the incident occurred.

“(Glenn) had about 10 drinks in the space of an hour and a half,” he said.

The court heard Glenn and Marks were sitting outside the hotel when they were approached by the victim, who repeatedly called Marks “a skinny c …”.

Sgt Kinsey said Glenn “told the victim to stop or he’d do something about it”, before setting upon him.

Marks then took a photo of the victim.

“(Glenn) was shocked at the footage and how many times he hit the victim. He was quite contrite in his interview,” Sgt Kinsey said.

Magistrate Simon Smart viewed CCTV of the incident in court, saying Glenn “goes for it” during the attack.

“I mean there’s this blow at first and then he gives him a few more for good measure.

“And then other man (Marks) sees fit to take a souvenir.”

Mr Smart said violence between drunk young men had become a blight on society.

“This is not atypical of what occurs is it? It’s a scourge on modern society, isn’t it, that young men go to licensed premises, drink too much liquor and assault other people,” he said.

Defence lawyer Martin Anders said the pair’s involvement was “inconsistent with the balance of their existence”.

“Both come from good families, both come from law abiding families, both are very disappointed in their conduct and it’s reflected in not only their guilty pleas, it’s reflected in their co-operation with police,” he said.

Play
Mute
0:00
/
0:53
Fullscreen

More news across Adelaide — Lunchtime Newsbyte, Aug. 16
He said Glenn had sought counselling “in a bid to ensure there would never be a repetition”.

He asked the court consider imposing a penalty without recording a conviction.

But Mr Smart questioned whether that was appropriate.

“Do you think that would send an adequate message to the other members of the otherwise law abiding public that they would be safe in licensed premises where there are young men who’ve drunk too much who might become violent,” he said.

“Do you think that would adequately address the scourge that I’ve referred to?”

Both Glenn and Marks had been recruited by Willaston — which plays in the Barossa, Light & Gawler competition — before the incident, but were then sacked.

Glenn was then recruited to SANFL club Norwood.

He has played 10 games and kicked 21 goals — including eight against former club Central District — for the Redlegs’ league side this year but was a late withdrawal on Saturday in what would have been his Elizabeth Oval homecoming.

The case was adjourned to September 21, just two days before the SANFL grandfinal at Adelaide Oval.

With two rounds still to play, Norwood is sitting on the top of the SANFL ladder and premiership favourite.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks DOC
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

PreviousNext