BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby roodog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

hotspur wrote:Taylor played for BMW in Northern areas so guessing he'll go back to Melrose to same team.

That is it Cunnington!
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Poultry in Motion wrote:
roodog wrote:Spies tell me that Kapunda are getting a few quality young locals back this season. Zero point (and probably zero dollar) A graders are like gold and should give Buckets more to work with in 2014

Are Kapunda losing one of its best back to his home club in the Northern Areas? Taylor)

Heard the same thing. Brad's girlfriend has scored a job in Port Augusta I think
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Dizzee Rascal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:18 am

Sky Pilot wrote:
Poultry in Motion wrote:
roodog wrote:Spies tell me that Kapunda are getting a few quality young locals back this season. Zero point (and probably zero dollar) A graders are like gold and should give Buckets more to work with in 2014

Are Kapunda losing one of its best back to his home club in the Northern Areas? Taylor)

Heard the same thing. Brad's girlfriend has scored a job in Port Augusta I think

Spot on. The two are moving to Melrose.

Have heard that a handful of fringe Gawler Central young lads are training with Angaston.
Dizzee Rascal
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby roodog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Most are Gawler Central products too. Hope the Tiges are keeping them in the loop so they want to return when the time's right........
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby the joker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Angaston using local barossa lads rather than trying to buy a flag
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Chuck Wepner » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 pm

roodog wrote:Most are Gawler Central products too. Hope the Tiges are keeping them in the loop so they want to return when the time's right........

That's funny, if they "support" their ex players the same way that Cooper Pinch was treated when he returned as an opponent,it'sfair to say none of them would ever return. The reception he got from the local GC feralswas disgraceful.
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby hairy cat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm

hey chuck it seems the GC ferals are giving u some sort of grief
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Extractor » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:27 am

So who exactly is supposed to be training at Ango? Apart from the Oxenhams and Pete Bradtke that have gone to Hamley Bridge we seem to have kept most of them. Notwithstanding that the players would still need to be cleared within the league...

Johncock has gone to try his luck at Glenelg and Luke Howard lives in Brisbane. We picked up Craig Jamar and a couple of locals in Molyneux, Thomas and Dunne have returned...

Apparently Gawler Central is the first side in the league to recruit a few handy players in an attempt to win a premiership?

And not sure if Chuck may have short memory for the sort of behaviour that normally occurs in the Bay 13 tent at Williamstown?
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Chuck Wepner » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Extractor wrote:So who exactly is supposed to be training at Ango? Apart from the Oxenhams and Pete Bradtke that have gone to Hamley Bridge we seem to have kept most of them. Notwithstanding that the players would still need to be cleared within the league...

Johncock has gone to try his luck at Glenelg and Luke Howard lives in Brisbane. We picked up Craig Jamar and a couple of locals in Molyneux, Thomas and Dunne have returned...

Apparently Gawler Central is the first side in the league to recruit a few handy players in an attempt to win a premiership?

And not sure if Chuck may have short memory for the sort of behaviour that normally occurs in the Bay 13 tent at Williamstown?

That's true, Bay 13 can be quite an embarrassment to the club at times. But unfortunately it seems your "ferals" are not just confined to one small section of the crowd.
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Chuck Wepner wrote:
Extractor wrote:So who exactly is supposed to be training at Ango? Apart from the Oxenhams and Pete Bradtke that have gone to Hamley Bridge we seem to have kept most of them. Notwithstanding that the players would still need to be cleared within the league...

That's true, Bay 13 can be quite an embarrassment to the club at times. But unfortunately it seems your "ferals" are not just confined to one small section of the crowd.

Oops didnt mean to like that comment, can you unlike it?
Geez Chuck you make it sound like Centrals have thousands of supporters
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1661 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 am

I dont think any of their supporters have had issues with attending away games in the past though!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Ango's season over before it started, Griffiths gone walk about and Langfords injury to sideline him most of the year if not all of it.
On the bright side thats a saving of 2.5k a week.
Now that Woodards will be the focal point up forward i hear he wants a bigger slice of the pie
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Mayor Quimby » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:03 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ango's season over before it started, Griffiths gone walk about and Langfords injury to sideline him most of the year if not all of it.
On the bright side thats a saving of 2.5k a week.
Now that Woodards will be the focal point up forward i hear he wants a bigger slice of the pie

How big a slice are we talking?!
Mayor Quimby
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm

What would be the reason Gawler Central are denying clearances for 2 B graders who want to go to Angaston?
Tyler Hutton played 15 B Grade and 1 A Grade last year and was in the B Grade best twice.
Tyler Phillips played 9 B Grade and didnt get in the best 6 once.
I understand the rule of not having to clear players to other clubs within the association but I didnt think it applied to B Grade players.

I hear its headed to the tribunal and i would say they would deliberate for all of about 30 seconds before granting the clearances. Seems to me GC just wasting everyone's time.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 pm

daysofourlives wrote:What would be the reason Gawler Central are denying clearances for 2 B graders who want to go to Angaston?
Tyler Hutton played 15 B Grade and 1 A Grade last year and was in the B Grade best twice.
I understand the rule of not having to clear players to other clubs within the association but I didnt think it applied to B Grade players.

I hear its headed to the tribunal and i would say they would deliberate for all of about 30 seconds before granting the clearances. Seems to me GC just wasting everyone's time.

Unpaid subs, maybe???
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 322 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Yank Man wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:What would be the reason Gawler Central are denying clearances for 2 B graders who want to go to Angaston?

Unpaid subs, maybe???

No thats not it
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:40 pm

IIRC you are a big advocate for the "Dont have to clear a player to another team in the comp" rule...

It is a rule for that association (which I dont like 100% mind you) so if the kid signed something last year, he is bound by the rules of the BLG contractualy, therefor the tribunal will uphold the rules in the constitution, so your right, it may only take 30 secs...
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Postby Useless » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Agree with Days here, although see the other side of things. I know a couple of years ago a lad was denied a clearance from Kapunda to play at freeling in the 17s and ended up not playing all year. Pretty obvious he wanted to play at Freeling as he was the runner for the 17s that year.

Heard Centrals have lost a lot of the numbers out of there B grade not surprising considering they had a meeting mid way through last year trying to get rid of blokes so they didn't have to keep rotating blokes through. Saw what they were trying to do then by making it so people could get a game somewhere else, but might have shot themselves in the foot for this year.

What are everyones tips??

am thinking GC vs Tanunda GF although very very early.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:

IIRC you are a big advocate for the "Dont have to clear a player to another team in the comp" rule...

It is a rule for that association (which I dont like 100% mind you) so if the kid signed something last year, he is bound by the rules of the BLG contractualy, therefor the tribunal will uphold the rules in the constitution, so your right, it may only take 30 secs...

I am a fan of the rule for A Grade players, but ofr bonafide B grade players why shouldnt they be cleared?
Im pretty sure that B Grade footballers are not signing any contracts so im sure the clearances will be granted.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:30 am

daysofourlives wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:

I am a fan of the rule for A Grade players, but ofr bonafide B grade players why shouldnt they be cleared?
Im pretty sure that B Grade footballers are not signing any contracts so im sure the clearances will be granted.

From what you said, these are young kids right... And 1 of them already cracked a game in the A's for a team which probably should have won the flag last year, probably suggests he is more than a bonafide B grader (in the eyes of GC anyway)...
In this day and age, all these young kids expect some form of $$ if they play A grade (I dont agree with that but its the nature of the beast) so if GC have their admin in shape, then I reckon they would have signed contracts... I may be wrong, but unless you know all the facts, bit hard to have a definitative answer I would have thought...

I agree the kids should be cleared, Im not a huge fane of the rule as it stands now, but the rule doesnt stipulate between A and B grade, so if a club thinks a young up-and-comer is a required player, rule favours his current club. You cant say he's good enough so no, but hes not so yes...

I guess it may also serve as a lesson to some of these young fella's, if you want to put your hand up to get paid $ for footy, not matter how small, there may be consequences down the track. Just a thought
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy