Off season signings/rumours..??

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Off season signings/rumours..??

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Forget the afl draft today the great Trevor Rigney has signed at Kingston. I knew he liked his squid but crayfi$h??
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby footyislife » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:48 pm

Herd the same from the president of the saints today,there will be few clubs dissapointed in this decision
footyislife
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johnny was » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Talk around Murray Bridge was that Trev was going to Goolwa to play with his mate Zac Ewer. I would say they would be pretty disappointed to here he is now going to Kingston...At least Imps don`t have to worry about him anymore.
johnny was
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Goldberg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

Will excite everyone down there more then once in 2010
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby Pocket Prince » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:09 pm

I just checked countryfooty.com.au to see how Tom Gent went for Marble Range this year and didnt see him in the goal kickers or best players for the whole year? Is he a colt? What else can you tell me about him.[/quote]

back to Tom Gent he is young bout 17 and just out of colts, i wouldnt say he is a gun full forward but wat i would say is he is a key forward who can play out of the goal square or up the ground. im not certain but he did kick a few bags of goals cant always trust the goal kickers list in lincoln.
Cella Dwella wrote:
checkside wrote:Tom gent to jamestown.. talented full forward from marble range in the PLFL.
Pocket Prince
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Marble Range

Postby Range secrets » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Pocket Prince wrote:I just checked countryfooty.com.au to see how Tom Gent went for Marble Range this year and didnt see him in the goal kickers or best players for the whole year? Is he a colt? What else can you tell me about him.

back to Tom Gent he is young bout 17 and just out of colts, i wouldnt say he is a gun full forward but wat i would say is he is a key forward who can play out of the goal square or up the ground. im not certain but he did kick a few bags of goals cant always trust the goal kickers list in lincoln.
Cella Dwella wrote:
checkside wrote:Tom gent to jamestown.. talented full forward from marble range in the PLFL.
[/quote]

yeah have played with this lad.. have heard he is leavin to jamestown big out for us hard to replace. he played a few games for port this year in the under 18s as a 16 year old.. jamestown should be loving him as an in if he plays for them
Range secrets
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Marble Range

Postby steiger » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:23 am

Tom Gent
I happen to know Tom and have seen his progression thru junior grades for many years. He is a good lad and well liked by his teammates.
So it annoys me that some idiots on here would blow up his bags so much so that he looks as tho he is some gun footballer who will take over any new side he may transfer to and blow opposition players away.
All that can happen from that is that it will result in disappointment for everybody concerned.
Tom has some talent yes but you would hardly give him all of the accolades that have been heaped on him on this thread.
Those that have done so surely do not have his best interests at heart and dare I say are probably Marble Range imposters
Having said all that, he will probably get to play A grade but take it from me, and no offence to Tom, he is not the gun they are saying. He is young and keen enough and I wish him the best with his move (if he is going at all) and would love to see him do well, which he will in time.
steiger
League - Best 21

Postby theEMBRYO » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 pm

While old news to players & supporters, Millicent's Phil Bennett has returned to Adelaide. After two reasonable seasons (personally) with the saints in the Western Border fl he has decided to return to Adelaide.

* reasonable meaning = 08/ new league & team mates 09/ had a minor soft tissue injury that slowed him up after a near b & f start to the season.

Having been away in 08 i did'nt know alot about his footballing background, except that then coach Steve Duldig got him thru his younger bro & current Glenelg player Matthew Duldig.
Suffice too say there was some bays history there...beit two's i'm presuming !?!? unless benno's already got a club lined up, he'd be worth having a chat too.

Would'nt be surprised too see Matt Duldig join his brother at the saints, sooner rather than later!!! up in the air about next year...but there is a strong bond between brothers Duldig.
theEMBRYO

Postby theEMBRYO » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

In WBfl circles, it has been a biig day for signings coming into the league - North Gambier has finally announced Glenelg player and full forward Justin MCconnell as there coach for the coming twenty 10 season.

Heywood announced that former Brisbane premiership player Mal Michael will be joining the western victorian side,was noted that he'll be flying in week to week from Melbourne.

And news found on another blog site is victorian side Portland have announced former highly regarded midfeilder/forward Jarrod Holt will be re-joining them as an assistant coach; has been in the Ballarat fl w Baccus Marsh the last 3 yrs....

Finally following up on some news previously, Millicent look set to gain the signature of Mildura demons player John Egan, nephew of former Melbourne/Richmond !? player of the 80's Phil Egan. Egan who spent the w/e looking over the saints plans and meeting a few of the players is good friends w fellow saints and second year players Troy Hosking & Glen Gascoyne.
Egan is eligable for senior football next season and from what i heard played well & kicked 4 goals in a Mildura thirds premiership in the sunraysia fl in Mildura.
theEMBRYO

Postby Jailbird » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm

GWW wrote:
Goldberg wrote:Latest RMFL

Ramblers- Marchetti, Zadow to Mannum, Matthews to Mypo, & O'Neil to Barossa

Mypo- Pedlers to EP

Imps- Sayers & Temby to Peake, or Sayers to Mannum. Puckeridge to EP, Honner to EP, Waite to SANFL

Tailem- Loken in as coach,

Mannum- Loken in as coach, Henschke to Willunga

Meningie- ???

You've got Lokan in twice. Who do you mean as coach of Mannum, Goldberg?

Also, doesn't Honner have a contract for next year with Imps?

Brock Gifford appointed coach of TB, have signed Matty Cooper (sturt/eagles/hahndorf) and should have Chris Shee from Onka's - HFL in the next few days, if not already.
Jailbird
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:19 am

Peter Fiacchi to Kaniva, with a package deal looming! Watch this space!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 am

Jailbird wrote:
GWW wrote:
Goldberg wrote:Latest RMFL

Ramblers- Marchetti, Zadow to Mannum, Matthews to Mypo, & O'Neil to Barossa

Mypo- Pedlers to EP

Imps- Sayers & Temby to Peake, or Sayers to Mannum. Puckeridge to EP, Honner to EP, Waite to SANFL

Tailem- Loken in as coach,

Mannum- Loken in as coach, Henschke to Willunga

Meningie- ???

You've got Lokan in twice. Who do you mean as coach of Mannum, Goldberg?

Also, doesn't Honner have a contract for next year with Imps?

Brock Gifford appointed coach of TB, have signed Matty Cooper (sturt/eagles/hahndorf) and should have Chris Shee from Onka's - HFL in the next few days, if not already.

I've heard that Chris Shee has signed back on with Onkas.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Panther32 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:37 am

What's Chris Shee like as a player, knew him a while back when he was a basketballer.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:42 am

Panther32 wrote:What's Chris Shee like as a player, knew him a while back when he was a basketballer.

Good solid KP player. Prob 6'3" and has good hands. Can play forward or back.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby sudsy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Kerran Hall from port magpies to IMPERIALS
sudsy
Mini-League

Postby pigskin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm

sudsy wrote:Kerran Hall from port magpies to IMPERIALS

Murray Bridge Imperials??? Does he have a nick name???
pigskin
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Postby Poultry in Motion » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 am

Have heard a club in the Northern Areas are very keen to get hold of a quality ruckman and midfielder, so if you know of anyone PM me to pass on.
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy