Off season signings/rumours..??

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Off season signings/rumours..??

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 am

Goldberg wrote:
killa krossova wrote:
bigbadkenny wrote:The new kingston coach must be selling a s$$t load off coorong mullet to afford these 2 players from jervois and yes 1 is mahnoy and maybe there B&f winner goodluck to them both $$$$$$$$$$

Braidwood and Mahoney. Nice work coach, to sign these 2 players relatively early into the offseason. Wonder if they are done with there spending money or still recruiting????? knowing Richards, still recruiting plenty more. The man can manager and recruit good footballers.

Dont want to be a wet blanket on Kingstons parade, but not the great signing they once were

You wouldnt have them at your club? Braidwood had his best season of footy this year & Mahony whilst clearly not as quick as he once was, is still one of the best uses of the footy going around in country footy. Also not coaching will allow him to play good footy.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Goldberg » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:32 am

Not saying they aren't good players, but if they are paying alot of $$$ for them, maybe better served by others floating around is all :ymhug:
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby footyislife » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:50 am

Goldberg wrote:Not saying they aren't good players, but if they are paying alot of $$$ for them, maybe better served by others floating around is all :ymhug:

GB you name any players floating around that are as good as these two.your only pissed off that there not going to karoonda .Braidwood BNF WINNER interleague player strong marking CHF FWD RUCKMAN ,MAHONEY 40 LEAGUEGAMES 4TIME PREMIERSHIP PLAYERstrong fwd midfielder dont grow on trees
footyislife
Under 16s

Postby Goldberg » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 pm

No one is doubting Mahoneys record here, let me get that straight. All I'm saying is that he's a little past his prime. If players the calibur of Brunoli, & the like are looking at country footy, then I'd take the later 100% of the time. (example only)
As for Braidwood, well I think he is over-rated. IMHO
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby johnny was » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Mahoney would be worth 30 to 40 goals a season floating around Kingston`s forward line with Cooper attracting the oppositions best defender.
johnny was
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby footyislife » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Goldberg wrote:No one is doubting Mahoneys record here, let me get that straight. All I'm saying is that he's a little past his prime. If players the calibur of Brunoli, & the like are looking at country footy, then I'd take the later 100% of the time. (example only)

GBdo you know how much BRUNOLI is getting to just travel to meningie 900 agame i dont think mahoneys on anything like that togo to kingston .the ditance and Kingston played high in finals that always has a baring on how much as well .Meningie are a club going nowhere if they dont pay 200 or 300a game more than players are really worth.
footyislife
Under 16s

Postby johnny was » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Strange Tim Richards can`t get Ewer to Kingston as I have heard he has family connections there.I know Ewer and Richards get on very well.
johnny was
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Pacman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 am

footyislife wrote:
Goldberg wrote:No one is doubting Mahoneys record here, let me get that straight. All I'm saying is that he's a little past his prime. If players the calibur of Brunoli, & the like are looking at country footy, then I'd take the later 100% of the time. (example only)

GBdo you know how much BRUNOLI is getting to just travel to meningie 900 agame i dont think mahoneys on anything like that togo to kingston .the ditance and Kingston played high in finals that always has a baring on how much as well .Meningie are a club going nowhere if they dont pay 200 or 300a game more than players are really worth.

That is a heck of a lot of money for a midfielder....I know good midfielders are worth every cent...but $900 a game....that is pushing it....if he was 6 foot 3 or a key position player, well then you could look up at that amount??? This kind of money makes it impossible to keep players in the city at teams they played their Junior footy with!!! ;)
Pacman
Rookie

Postby Eagle Rock » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:02 am

Interesting to see big Damien Bates has signed with Murrayville!!! Former KI premiership player and Mitchell Park centurian goal kicker, will be interesting to see how he goes up there under the pressure to perform $$$. Top bloke and hope he goes well and can fit into the forward line up there and form a dangerous double act!!
Eagle Rock
Rookie

Postby Animus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Great pick up for Murrayville. Don't they already have a bloke that regularly kicks big bags of goals?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Animus wrote:Great pick up for Murrayville. Don't they already have a bloke that regularly kicks big bags of goals?

Drew Crane
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Batesy's got a left foot like Stewy Dew. Could play half forward and bang 'em through from 60. Would love to see what he could do if he got really fit.

...instead of partying with Eddie Vedder and his rock'n'roll mates :roll:
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby checkside » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 am

Tom gent to jamestown.. talented full forward from marble range in the PLFL.
checkside
Mini-League

Postby carey » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Eagle Rock wrote:Interesting to see big Damien Bates has signed with Murrayville!!! Former KI premiership player and Mitchell Park centurian goal kicker, will be interesting to see how he goes up there under the pressure to perform $$$. Top bloke and hope he goes well and can fit into the forward line up there and form a dangerous double act!!

great bloke and just as good a player and knowing him he isnt going for the cash and believe it or not he isnt going there for big cash either should he get his back right there would not be a full back in the comp that will stop just my opinion tho
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Cella Dwella » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:55 pm

checkside wrote:Tom gent to jamestown.. talented full forward from marble range in the PLFL.

I just checked countryfooty.com.au to see how Tom Gent went for Marble Range this year and didnt see him in the goal kickers or best players for the whole year? Is he a colt? What else can you tell me about him.
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Not a poster » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Tom is very underated-i would have to say hes a gun recruit .
Not a poster
Mini-League

Postby Cella Dwella » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Not a poster wrote:Tom is very underated-i would have to say hes a gun recruit .

OK Im not bagging him but unless I looked up the wrong season or something I would suggest a "gun recruit" and "Talented Full Forward" would have to have at least kicked one goal or got into the best players once or more in an entire season wouldnt he? Is he a young bloke?
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby livefooty » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 pm

played in lincoln this year never heard of him
livefooty
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Robe

Postby Goldberg » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:41 am

Either someone's telling porky's or this guy is one of those work horse types, but find it hard to believe a GUN FULL FORWARD is not in the goal kickers for the entire year :^o =)) :^o =))
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby fev_99 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:54 pm

i think he is pullin your leg. tom gent is about 17 yrs of age and prob a handy B grader at best
fev_99
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tumby Bay

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy