silicone skyline
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:30 pm

silicone skyline wrote:Lol.

His name was Daniel Crabbe BC.

And??? I was just asking if it was the same Crab they were referring to.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Poultry in Motion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

I dont think SS was having a go at you BC.
Could be the same Crabbe. Wonder if he moves across the ground better than up and down it? Seriously though I reckon there was a Darren Crabb at Port Districts at sometime and there was a Bradley Crabb at South Adelaide last year. Couple of Crabbes at Port Augusta too. (More crabs than Warnies undies!) Be interesting to see which one it is. Im guessing it is your man BC.
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Big Cox wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Could be the same Crabbe. Wonder if he moves across the ground better than up and down it? Seriously though I reckon there was a Darren Crabb at Port Districts at sometime and there was a Bradley Crabb at South Adelaide last year. Couple of Crabbes at Port Augusta too. (More crabs than Warnies undies!) Be interesting to see which one it is. Im guessing it is your man BC.

Yeah I know he wasn't having a go at me. I know SS pretty well ;)
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Poultry in Motion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Big Cox wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Yeah I know he wasn't having a go at me. I know SS pretty well ;)

"Nothing in it,play on!"
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby silicone skyline » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Sorry BC, thought if I put his full name with correct spelling out there people might recognise it, thus answering your original question. Lol
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

silicone skyline wrote:Sorry BC, thought if I put his full name with correct spelling out there people might recognise it, thus answering your original question. Lol

I'm going to stitch you up on Boxing Day Thorpey.
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby silicone skyline » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:45 am

Bum Crack wrote:
silicone skyline wrote:Sorry BC, thought if I put his full name with correct spelling out there people might recognise it, thus answering your original question. Lol

I'm going to stitch you up on Boxing Day Thorpey.

I'll have some help on my side BC. Going as Ian Thorpe, I get to bring someone as a boyfriend as part of the costume.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Battler » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am

Just got off the blower to a revered JAP identity and still can't believe how upbeat he is about the Maggies chances this year. He reckons the lads they have picked up give them the balance they lacked last year and wouldn't be surprised if they made the GF!

They have picked up McInerney(returning from town), a lad from Lincoln who played U18s at Port Magpies by the name of Gent, Stacey- returning from BBH, Burford (whose reputation as a country footballer speaks for itself) and have one or 2 more he "says" he doesn't remember the names of. Only loss appears to be Nick O'Leary to Port Lincoln.

He reckons it will be one of the most even, fiercely fought out seasons for a long time. Serial recruiters (as he called them) Crystal Brook, Southern Flinders and Pt Broughton will try to "keep up with the Jones' ". BMW have got some locals back to bolster a handy outfit and Orroroo should have blown off last years injury curse and as history has shown you can never write them off.
Battler

Grassroots Team: Keith

Postby steiger » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am

Battler wrote:a lad from Lincoln who played U18s at Port Magpies by the name of Gent,

Tommy Gent did not play for Port Magpies
steiger
League - Best 21

Postby Brad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 pm

John Nicholas heading back to Orroroo after a couple years at North Clare, won the Mail Medal in 2007 when last at Orroroo.
Brad
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Jacko » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Heard a rumour that Gary Hull from Pt Augusta might be back at Southern Flinders this yr (he played in their GF side a couple of yrs ago). Would be a handy pickup and would compensate for loosing mail medalist Scott Mazzone to Nth Adelaide.

Also heard that the O'Donahue (sp?) brothers from Broughton are likely to be playing in Adeliade this yr which will be a real loss and make it harder for them to go one better from last yr.

Overall it is shaping up as quite a even competition with Jamestown and Orroroo looking stronger, Crystal Brook likely to bounce back after their priemiership hangover (2008) with some very good recruits (James Wardle, David Jeffries, Matt Jackman). Haven't heard too much about BMW other than there has been a bit it the press about some friction in relation to the Quorn boys.
Jacko
Mini-League

Postby Cella Dwella » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Overall it is shaping up as quite a even competition with Jamestown and Orroroo looking stronger, Crystal Brook likely to bounce back after their priemiership hangover (2008) with some very good recruits (James Wardle, David Jeffries, Matt Jackman). Haven't heard too much about BMW other than there has been a bit it the press about some friction in relation to the Quorn boys.[/quote]
If you read the press about BMW you would think they are ready to fold!!
Been hearing a lot of stories here in Pirie that there is some discontent at Ports which could result in a number of players heading to the Northern Areas, most likely Crystal Brook!! I may have been right about Ben Luteria after all! ;)
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Checksider » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Hillebrand brothers from Gawler Central are apparently playing for Southern Flinders this year. Mates with Copley who went up there last year and enjoyed the pies so much he is going back again. Can you blokes leave us some of OUR players please!!! :(
Checksider

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Jacko » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Checksider - what type of players are the Hillebrand brothers. I know Copley struggled at bit last yr (maybe could put that down to fitting into a new side and CHF is a tuff posn to hold down) -how did he go at Gawler Central?
Jacko
Mini-League

Postby Number 36 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 am

Copley got shafted out of Gawler Centrals mid season due to the rule of having only a certain amount of players living outside the postcode didn't he? GC lost a key onballer and recruited one from Adelaide so they had to get rid of him.
Rugby: Picking the fat kids first since 1823
Number 36
Mini-League

Postby Checksider » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:24 am

Number 36 wrote:Copley got shafted out of Gawler Centrals mid season due to the rule of having only a certain amount of players living outside the postcode didn't he? GC lost a key onballer and recruited one from Adelaide so they had to get rid of him.

Wouldnt say he got shafted. The club was looking at getting another "Import" in and considering Lukes form was terrible and he was close to being dropped they would do the fair thing and were up front with him. He could have still played Bs and if one of the other imports playing A grade was injured (or dropped) he would have been eligible to slot back in. Nice bloke but not up to it in BLG.

Jacko wrote:Checksider - what type of players are the Hillebrand brothers.

Hillebrands are good players. One is a back flank type. The other could play almost anywhere,very versatile type and will a headache for most sides I reckon.
Checksider

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Red is Best! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 pm

At ma Inlaws on the Weekend, having a couple frothies at the bottom Pub in Melrose,
A few older players returning this year to BMW, Feibig, Foulis, D.Smith, Taylor & Gum, couple of Mail Medelists there! BMW won't be too far off the mark with the 12 McCullum's in the side! ;)

Cella Dwella wrote:Overall it is shaping up as quite a even competition with Jamestown and Orroroo looking stronger, Crystal Brook likely to bounce back after their priemiership hangover (2008) with some very good recruits (James Wardle, David Jeffries, Matt Jackman). Haven't heard too much about BMW other than there has been a bit it the press about some friction in relation to the Quorn boys.

If you read the press about BMW you would think they are ready to fold!!
Been hearing a lot of stories here in Pirie that there is some discontent at Ports which could result in a number of players heading to the Northern Areas, most likely Crystal Brook!! I may have been right about Ben Luteria after all! ;)[/quote]
Red is Best!
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Brad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 pm

If all those in's are correct for BMW then they would be a top 2 side, which Gum, Josh? as Tristan is still going well at Sturt I would have thought.
Brad
League - Best 21

Postby Brad » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 pm

http://www.ypct.com.au/index.php?option ... &Itemid=67

Football... Three new recruits for Broughton-Mundoora
Wednesday, 20 January 2010
REPORT: Peter Argent — Northern Areas Football Association grand finalists last year, Broughton-Mundoora, have been working hard in the off-season to recruit new talent.
They have collected three key players for their 2010 campaign.

Former Berri Demons big man Daniel Webb, Solomontown on-baller Matt Turner from the Spencer Gulf league, and a hard-as-nails defender Lachke Kayne from Kimba Districts in the Eastern Eyre competition on the Eyre Peninsula will be a part of the Eagles’ drive to make the next step this year.

“Daniel is a ruckman or key position type who didn’t play any football in the 2009 season,” Eagles second year coach Marc Stutley said. “For precautionary measures, he decided to have the year off due to an eye injury.

“He’s a super fit bloke and at 197 cm and 110 kg he will give us a presence on the field.”

Webb, now 24, played junior football with Glenelg and also spent two years travelling to Mount Gambier, playing for North in the Western Border league.

He was listed with Willaston in the Barossa, Light and Gawler association last year, but didn’t make an appearance.

“Turner is a wingman-on-ball type who played in the pivot for the Solomontown Cats last year,” Stutley said.

“What attracted us to him is Matt is a natural leader with his voice on the field, which should help our young group at senior level. At 26 his experience will be invaluable.

“He is also highly skilful on both sides on his body.

“Lachke is a stocky 20-year-old defender from Kimba, being a head-down, straight-at-the-ball backman.”

Kayne, who is studying in Adelaide this year, came to the Eagles through his friendship with key forward Chris Elliott.

Stutley also said the club was expecting a full season from Ben O’Donohue who, in his eyes, is effectively a new recruit.

These inclusions for Broughton-Mundoora offset the losses of ruckman Dylan George, who has moved to Port Lincoln and on-baller Lee O’Donohue who has committed to play with the Henley Sharks in the South Australian Amateur League division one competition.

NAFA under 17s best and fairest Dylan Hewett has been training with the North Adelaide under 18s squad over the summer months and is looking to force his way into that program.

“With the natural progression of our group, I’d hope we’d be highly competitive again this year,” the Eagles’ senior coach said.

“A number of our younger group have now played 40 to 50 A grade games and they be looking to step up.”

Broughton-Mundoora’s pre-season training started on Monday night.
Brad
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy