Northern Areas gossip

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Postby AKA » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:40 pm

aceman wrote:I'm told Southern Flinders have signed an ex Central Dist reserves player who has been shopping himself all over the state quoting some ridiculous amounts of money.
Hope you've done your homework boys!

Got a name ace ?
AKA
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Brett Woodards ex angaston
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby aceman » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:05 am

daysofourlives wrote:Brett Woodards ex angaston

That's the one! Rates himself very highly & tells a few "pork pies" along the way.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Cella Dwella » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 pm

AKA wrote:
aceman wrote:I'm told Southern Flinders have signed an ex Central Dist reserves player who has been shopping himself all over the state quoting some ridiculous amounts of money.
Hope you've done your homework boys!

Got a name ace ?

aceman wrote:

That's the one! Rates himself very highly & tells a few "pork pies" along the way.

aceman wrote:

Well he should fit right in with most of those boys! ;)
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:23 pm

aceman wrote:

Aceman. Your only annoyed because you missed out on him, i heard Gepps Cross was only 3rd in line anyway
I also heard your club had a bit of a dummy spit that SJ tried to get him to maccy to play with his brother.

I find it hard to believe that gepps cross lost out in a battle for the $$$$, maybe southern flinders were more impressive to the lad and are winning far more games than the rams atm.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Duke » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Reminds me of a modern Glen Jackovich. Any less than $750 and you've got a bargain.
Are you prepared to pay the price? WILL YOU PAY THE PRICE?
The Duke
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby king of smoo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Aceman. Your only annoyed because you missed out on him, i heard Gepps Cross was only 3rd in line anyway
I also heard your club had a bit of a dummy spit that SJ tried to get him to maccy to play with his brother.

I find it hard to believe that gepps cross lost out in a battle for the $$$$, maybe southern flinders were more impressive to the lad and are winning far more games than the rams atm

ure spot on there days of what i wanna is how the hell southern flinders got a hold of him anyway???? care to enlighten???? maccy were not impressed!
king of smoo
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 pm

king of smoo wrote:Aceman. Your only annoyed because you missed out on him, i heard Gepps Cross was only 3rd in line anyway

I find it hard to believe that gepps cross lost out in a battle for the $$$$, maybe southern flinders were more impressive to the lad and are winning far more games than the rams atm

ure spot on there days of what i wanna is how the hell southern flinders got a hold of him anyway???? care to enlighten???? maccy were not impressed!

KOS- i believe he is mates with one of the hillebrand boys ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby aceman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:32 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
aceman wrote:

I find it hard to believe that gepps cross lost out in a battle for the $$$$, maybe southern flinders were more impressive to the lad and are winning far more games than the rams atm.

Rubbish! We offered what we considered he was worth, he told a packet of money crap to both clubs according to my source, and got caught out.
We'll watch his progress with interest, the mail is he's not real good anyway so end of story.
BTW, in case you haven't noticed and as you are from Maccy(with some resemblance to T***Y, is it him under another name?). there's a fair difference in the standard between SAAFL Div 1 & HFL Country.
Last edited by aceman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby aceman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

king of smoo wrote:Aceman. Your only annoyed because you missed out on him, i heard Gepps Cross was only 3rd in line anyway

KOS, I reckon I've worked it out, too many similarities not to be correct with many words/phrases as used by the great man!
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 pm

how does ali bowmen go for orraroo?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby king of smoo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Rubbish! We offered what we considered he was worth, he told a packet of money crap to both clubs according to my source, and got caught out.
We'll watch his progress with interest, the mail is he's not real good anyway so end of story.
BTW, in case you haven't noticed and as you are from Maccy(with some resemblance to T***Y, is it him under another name?). there's a fair difference in the standard between SAAFL Div 1 & HFL Country.[/quote]

Will be very interesting to see how he goes.... he is only 20 & still developing & last year played all the finals series in the central district reserves side & acquitted himself well. No arguments that Div 1 footy is a higher standard than Hills country league & i hope for his sake whilst still young that next season he does sign at a div 1 amateur league club. my mail is that he will only play at southern flinders this year & help them win another flag!
king of smoo
Rookie

Postby Big Phil » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:57 pm

I've seen all of Brett Woodards games over the last 12-18 months calling stats for Central's reserves and trust me in saying, whoever has ended up with his services will not get their moneys worth, he is very over-rated and never wins a hard ball.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby king of smoo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 am

Big Phil wrote:I've seen all of Brett Woodards games over the last 12-18 months calling stats for Central's reserves and trust me in saying, whoever has ended up with his services will not get their moneys worth, he is very over-rated and never wins a hard ball.

May i ask big phil how would you have any idea how much he is getting paid? Isn't as much as what some people think i can assure you! Southern Flinders is a fantastic club from what i hear & Brett has played cricket with alot of lads from this way before also knows a couple blokes from gawler who play there as well. Got 4th best i believe on saturday playing in the middle
king of smoo
Rookie

Postby Clever Dick » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:52 pm

king of smoo wrote:
Big Phil wrote:I've seen all of Brett Woodards games over the last 12-18 months calling stats for Central's reserves and trust me in saying, whoever has ended up with his services will not get their moneys worth, he is very over-rated and never wins a hard ball.

May i ask big phil how would you have any idea how much he is getting paid? Isn't as much as what some people think i can assure you! Southern Flinders is a fantastic club from what i hear & Brett has played cricket with alot of lads from this way before also knows a couple blokes from gawler who play there as well. Got 4th best i believe on saturday playing in the middle

KOS, I think BP is making the call irrespective of how much money the lad's getting if I'm reading his post correctly.Where in the post is a value per game mentioned?
I reckon you are jumping at shadows again!
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby The Duke » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Big Phil... Maybe you couldn't keep up with his running tally.
I was speaking to a mate who was at Wirrabara Oval on the weekend and mentioned that the Glen Jackovich clone amassed 40+ for the game.
Maybe we can start a Brett Woodards thread!
The Duke
Under 18s

Postby king of smoo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Clever Dick wrote:
king of smoo wrote:

KOS, I think BP is making the call irrespective of how much money the lad's getting if I'm reading his post correctly.Where in the post is a value per game mentioned?
I reckon you are jumping at shadows again!

well we will just wait & see if southern flinders get their moneys worth then
king of smoo
Rookie

Postby PitBull » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 pm

My mail is that Woodards was told he was not good enough to get paid at Angaston. :shock: :oops:
PitBull
Rookie

Postby The Duke » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Big Phil... Rather than call Centrals stats, I hear your now calling race six at Clare next weekend after Roy had a word to ya?
The Duke
Under 18s

Postby Battler » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Regardless of peoples opinions about how good or bad this Woodards is and whether he is a good bloke or a money chasing boofhead, I think now would be a good time to say it's time to move on!
Some big gossip around that things aren't great internally at Crystal Brook at the moment. Lots of bitching among players about team mates and the coach I hear. Seemed that they had recruited a number of big names over the off season and maybe the primadonna's in the place have their tiaras out of place!! It doesnt matter what anyone says I still say that you dont recruit players on football ability alone. Jamestown have picked up a heap also this year and all seem to be quality lads getting on with getting the club going again rather than chasing premierships or dollars! This is how it was in my day anyway! ;)
Battler

Grassroots Team: Keith

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy