Northern Areas gossip

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Northern Areas gossip

Postby the trojan war » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:54 pm

silicone skyline wrote:
Battler wrote:Sh*t sorry about that Trojan Horse. I shouldn't my leave laptop near my 18 mth old boy hey! What I was going to say is that through a mate of mine in that district Im led to believe that Greg Fiebig says he is interested in coming back every year and while theyd be chasing him up theyd be mad to waste too many hours that they could be spending on more realistic pursuits.

Fiebig happy in Whyalla I'd say.

I spoke with Waylon a couple of weeks ago and he seemed pretty comfortable with the whole situation. I'm lead to believe BMW have a crack at him every year. Wonder how much better the offers get every year?
the trojan war
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Brad » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Burford will be a huge gain for Jamestown.
Brad
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Checksider » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Certainly will. Pretty handy 4 Gawler Central when he played for us and he wouldnt have got any shorter. Nice bloke.Plays for the dollar but!

Heard today Copley is unlikely to go back up there.Possibly back to Gawler C.

Brad wrote:Burford will be a huge gain for Jamestown.
Checksider

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby silicone skyline » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:21 am

Checksider wrote:Certainly will. Pretty handy 4 Gawler Central when he played for us and he wouldnt have got any shorter. Nice bloke.Plays for the dollar but!

One of those ruckman who isn't overly tall but has really long arms and a great leap. Kind of like a spider monkey.
the trojan war wrote:I spoke with Waylon a couple of weeks ago and he seemed pretty comfortable with the whole situation. I'm lead to believe BMW have a crack at him every year. Wonder how much better the offers get every year?

He played for free with Roopena last year. I know he got a fair packet when he first came across though. I don't reckon money is a big catalyst with him in going back. I reckon he'll just go back there when he wants to, given it is his home club.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Battler » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:53 pm

Is John McKenna leaving Southern Flinders to play back at his old club?
Battler

Grassroots Team: Keith

Postby Jacko » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:28 pm

Was talking with a mate of mine from Crystal Brook who said that David Jeffries who was first ruck in their 2008 premiership side is likely to come back. With Jeffries and Adam Noonan (who got the BOG in the Landmark Cup at Jamestown this yr) it should be a potent ruck combination.

James Wardle from the CMS Crows is definately back at the Brook as well as Ben Arbon (Jock's lad) who played reserves for the Eagles in the SANFL a couple of yrs ago. They should have Matt Jackman back from overseas and they are looking forward to seeing what a fit Stephen Coffee can do (he only played 4 or 5 games last yr having come back from a knee reconstruction).

Have also heard that John McKenna maybe retiring.

Will be interesting to see what Broughton do as they are usually willing to spash a lot of cash around.
Jacko
Mini-League

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:36 am

Nice start Jacko. Welcome to the site. :D
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Brad » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 pm

From this weeks paper:

Jamestown appear to be the big movers with Nick Stacey returning along with a few other unconfirmed signings.

Ryan Foulis back to BMW a gun player.

All clubs appear to be active.
Brad
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Cella Dwella » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Brad wrote:From this weeks paper:

Ryan Foulis back to BMW a gun player.

All clubs appear to be active.

Foulis definitely going back to BMW? I heard the SGL was a possibility.

South Augusta have a good player from Kapunda signed up for next year. Still going to struggle to field 2 teams without colts playing B grade I heard from an insider.Poor bastards, we have just gone through all that at Sollies.(Well hopefully we r thru it!)http://www.safooty.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&f=27&p=865478#
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Cella Dwella » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Just fu*#ed up by the look of it!! How do u send those emoticon things?
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Postby Checksider » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:19 pm

(Cella Dwella - to get emoticon just double-click it dont drag it.)

Hey folks, just wondering how a couple of ex Barossa Light and Gawler players went as coaches this year. Brenton Jones from Angaston and Camo Redden from Gawler Central. Both have been reappointed I have heard.
Remember as a young bloke Brenton strutting his stuff at Angaston. Great player. Doesnt smile much- wouldnt want to get on wrong side of him!
Lucky enough to have played when at GC when Camo came back for the 2001 flag. Not the prettiest player but probably one of the toughest, most determined players going round. Great bloke and clubman too. Pretty switched on- was always going to coach I reckon.
Checksider

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Cella Dwella » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Checksider wrote:(Cella Dwella - to get emoticon just double-click it dont drag it.)

Hey folks, just wondering how a couple of ex Barossa Light and Gawler players went as coaches this year. Brenton Jones from Angaston and Camo Redden from Gawler Central. Both have been reappointed I have heard.
Remember as a young bloke Brenton strutting his stuff at Angaston. Great player. Doesnt smile much- wouldnt want to get on wrong side of him!
Lucky enough to have played when at GC when Camo came back for the 2001 flag. Not the prettiest player but probably one of the toughest, most determined players going round. Great bloke and clubman too. Pretty switched on- was always going to coach I reckon.

Heard they both did well in 2009 with injuries/limited cattle etc. Played my 1st season of A grade in one of Reddens last and would agree with everything you said about him. Plenty of respect over our way.
Mate from Laura reckons they were a real smoky this year so will be interesting to see how they go this year.
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Postby Cella Dwella » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Did anyone read the Argus today? Dennis Green suggested (in a poorly written passage) 2 coppers are moving to Pt Augusta and the local clubs are going to struggle to outbid a Northern Areas club for their services.
1. Who is the club? (BMW closest but dont shell out coin like SGL clubs,likewise Orroroo.....????)
2. Who are the coppers?

Also suggested a Langhorne Creek player is set to join a Northern Areas club despite a connection with ex WWT Eagle Zac Hier and Riverton.

Anyone?
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Postby Jugs » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:52 am

Have Broughton signed any new players for next season
Jugs
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby Poultry in Motion » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Broughton have a player by the name (or nickname) of Crab. Big ruckman type.
They have lost Shrek George, Lee O'Donohue and probably Wilson. An Eagles clubman tells me they have been flat out recruiting so expect more names to come.
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Jugs » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Big Cox wrote:Broughton have a player by the name (or nickname) of Crab. Big ruckman type.
They have lost Shrek George, Lee O'Donohue and probably Wilson. An Eagles clubman tells me they have been flat out recruiting so expect more names to come.

Broughton probably trying to recruit a few to try and go one better next season. A big ruckman will be a very handy where did they get Crab from? Where are the boys that are leaving headed?
Jugs
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby Poultry in Motion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:16 am

Jugs wrote:
Big Cox wrote:Broughton have a player by the name (or nickname) of Crab. Big ruckman type.

Broughton probably trying to recruit a few to try and go one better next season. A big ruckman will be a very handy where did they get Crab from? Where are the boys that are leaving headed?

I think Wilson is part of a family owned cattle stud or something that has set up down the South East somewhere.(??)
Shrek to Pt Lincoln
L O'D to Amateurs I reckon.
Could be wrong - have heard these through a mate who more often thinks he is on the money than he actually is!!

Any other player goss up that way? (Northern Areas)
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:28 am

Jugs wrote:

Is that Crabby who lost an eye when he got glassed a couple of years ago? Played a couple of games at Berri but struggled a bit, which is to be expected after you have just lost an eye. He is a man mountain and mad as a cut snake. Good kickboxer.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Poultry in Motion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Is that Crabby who lost an eye when he got glassed a couple of years ago? Played a couple of games at Berri but struggled a bit, which is to be expected after you have just lost an eye. He is a man mountain and MAD AS A CUT SNAKE. Good kickboxer.

Every club has an abundance of them though! One eyed (trouser) snakes!
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Postby Poultry in Motion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:53 am

I must apologise for that piss poor effort gents!
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy