Spencer Gulf League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Spencer Gulf League

Postby Poultry in Motion » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:35 am

Cella Dwella wrote:Update....

Lets get a bit of a list of coming and goings hey. Some Ive heard .(Feel free to edit.)
(? = Unconfirmed)

Sollies -Gains - Saracino(?),Myles(?),
- Losses- Niklaus (Gawler Central)

South - Gains - LUKIC(from West), Finlay (BMW),MATT SKULL (BMW),Scott Feltus (?),BRADY COX (Kapunda)
- Losses - Skipworth,Shillabeer,Ruffles(to Centrals),Amos,Brown,Hannes (? Coober Pedy),Daniel Collins (? Waikerie),Jake Collins (? Waikerie)

Lions - Gains -
- Losses - Elijah Ware

Centrals - Gains - Ruffles,Skipworth,Shillabeer(? South),Kenny (West),Ormond-Allen(? Olympic Dam)
- Losses - Dignity!!!, Dawson (Tea Tree Gully)

Port - Gains-
Losses- Big bad Benny Luteria(? Southern Flinders), Tom Clarke ( Adelaide),MICHAEL BURFORD (Jamestown/Peterborough)

West Gains - McKENNA (Sthn Flinders)
Losses- LUKIC(South),Kenny (Centrals)

..........Hearing stories that Matt Gale would go back to Broughton in 2010 but is contracted to Ports.

There are some good names in there boys. Who is dignity Cella Dwella?(I take it you are having a crack at Centrals mate.)
Any others to add to this list?
A mate of mine in Roxby reckons West are chasing his work colleague (honestly cant think of his name at present).- Would be a fair hike each week wouldnt it?Do many/any currently do the trip down?
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Killa » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Big problem at South and attend to believe the fat has cause a lot trouble by backstabbing the senior coach. When playing juniors at the club no player want to play under him as they hated him and caused a mass exit with many players leaving and a lot a people stop playing when he coached the u/15's.

Is there any news on Kernahan a rumour going around may end at Central Whyalla.

Funny how south wants to play at quorn when they voted against playing at quorn but now want to play at quorn. I can not see the club chaning its name to Quorn/ South Augusta or Quorn Bulldogs as the identity of a club with proud history will be lost.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby the bearded wonder » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:44 pm

PPLions wrote:Yep North folded a couple of years ago.
At the time they had quite a strong team, with quality players such as Laz Kovacevic, Nigel Anderson and others.
It's fair to say that some organisational and off field issues were neglected, and they weren't in a position to continue and I think in fact owed fees to the association when they folded. Many players have gone onto other clubs with Kovacevic now combined team captain and at Props, where I think a combined team cap comes with the registration form :lol:
Southport are back and are going great guns. They, like Wandearah, are based at Port Oval. A very organised club, they are doing really well and they have added depth to the Competition with Solomontown and Risdon struggling in the A Grade at present.
Thanks for that. Just got back from my first trip to Pirie for many years and had a close look at some cricket yesterday. I watched a B.Grade double header on the Port oval and what stood out was the quality of the pitch and outfield and the excellent viewing facilities . I also watched the A.grade game at Memorial and that was the opposite. Crap wicket woeful to bat on outfield so slow no value for shots. Talking with a few players at the Port club there was alot of disappointment cricket is still being played at Memorial when such superb facilities are available down the road. Its not going to help the standard playing on that surface. Young cricketers cant be expected to thrive playing there. I had a close look at the wicket and to me the whole square needs to be dug up and replaced. Apart from that I enjoyed the day and will endeavour to get back up for another look sometime soon.
On the footy side of things all of the Pirie clubs seemed to very optimistic and looking forward to the new season. It was good to get back to Pirie after so long and catch up with familiar faces. It Brought back a lot of great memories.
the bearded wonder

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Killa » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Brown to stay at South Augusta confirm going through the drive-through at the pastoral by releable source.
Killa
Under 18s

Postby Cella Dwella » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 am

Killa wrote:Brown to stay at South Augusta confirm going through the drive-through at the pastoral by releable source.

Thanks
Big Cox wrote:Cella Dwella wrote:
Update....

Lets get a bit of a list of coming and goings hey. Some Ive heard .(Feel free to edit.)
(? = Unconfirmed)

South - Gains - Lukic(from West), Finlay (BMW),Matt Skull (BMW),Scott Feltus (Exile),Brady Cox (Kapunda)
- Losses - Skipworth,Shillabeer,Ruffles(to Centrals),Amos,Hannes (? Coober Pedy),Daniel Collins (Waikerie),Jake Collins (Waikerie)

Lions - Gains -
- Losses - Elijah Ware

Centrals - Gains - Ruffles,Skipworth,Shillabeer(South),Kenny (West),Ormond-Allen(? Olympic Dam)

Port - Gains-
Losses- Tom Clarke ( Adelaide),Michael Burford (Jamestown/Peterborough)

West Gains - McKenna (Sthn Flinders),

Couple of whispers (but will wait til I hear more before adding to list)
West Augusta are hot on the trail of some blokes from Roxby Downs we are also looking at.
Matt Turner might be moving on from the soon to be mighty Cats. Broughton is the whisper but apparently Matt cant fit all his ex clubs on the clearance form so it may not go through!
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby killer instinct » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:58 pm

haha yeah
killer instinct
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Flipper » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am

tom clarke handy player? Has he signed in adelaide? Todd kernahan will b playin for souths im pretty sure.

In regards to standard diff it would b div 4 or 5. The main diff is depth. The sgl star players would still dominate.
It takes real courage to wear PURPLE!!!!!
Flipper
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Big Phil » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Flipper wrote:tom clarke handy player? Has he signed in adelaide? Todd kernahan will b playin for souths im pretty sure.

In regards to standard diff it would b div 4 or 5. The main diff is depth. The sgl star players would still dominate.

Is that the same Tom Clarke that had a run out at Centrals in the SANFL a couple of seasons ago ? Was pretty handy at reserves level, but from memory, had some hammy issues I think ?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Poultry in Motion » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Flipper wrote:tom clarke handy player? Has he signed in adelaide? Todd kernahan will b playin for souths im pretty sure.

Is that the same Tom Clarke that had a run out at Centrals in the SANFL a couple of seasons ago ? Was pretty handy at reserves level, but from memory, had some hammy issues I think ?

Yeh, Tom won the Madigan Medal in '09 playing for his home club Ports (In Pirie) after stints at Centrals and (I think) North Adelaide. I have heard 2 stories regarding his footy for 2010. One involved trying out at Port Magpies and the other involved the Adelaide Hills (Lobethal maybe?).
As for Toddy, I think even he would be flattered by the attention he is getting on this forum. No disrespect as hes a good bloke but he is far from being a gun player IMHO.
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Killa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 am

Cella Dwella wrote:
Killa wrote:Brown to stay at South Augusta confirm going through the drive-through at the pastoral by releable source.

Thanks
Big Cox wrote:Cella Dwella wrote:
Update....

(? = Unconfirmed)

South - Gains - Lukic(from West), Finlay (BMW),Matt Skull (BMW),Scott Feltus (Exile),Brady Cox (Kapunda)
- Losses - Skipworth,Shillabeer,Ruffles(to Centrals),Amos,Hannes (? Coober Pedy),Daniel Collins (Waikerie),Jake Collins (Waikerie)

Lions - Gains -
- Losses - Elijah Ware

Centrals - Gains - Ruffles,Skipworth,Shillabeer(South),Kenny (West),Ormond-Allen(? Olympic Dam)

Port - Gains-
Losses- Tom Clarke ( Adelaide),Michael Burford (Jamestown/Peterborough)

Does anyone know how many games feltus has left on his suspension? If he does play he would give the tribunal mob a lot of work to do.
Killa
Under 18s

Postby Flipper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:52 am

unoffically would any clubs b interested in playin a trial against cbc? We have alot of former players from sgl esspecially pt aug. If people want to pm me interest i can float the idea to the coach.

Would b happy 2 play in adel or port.
It takes real courage to wear PURPLE!!!!!
Flipper
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Number 36 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:24 am

Big Cox wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Yeh, Tom won the Madigan Medal in '09 playing for his home club Ports (In Pirie) after stints at Centrals and (I think) North Adelaide. I have heard 2 stories regarding his footy for 2010. One involved trying out at Port Magpies and the other involved the Adelaide Hills (Lobethal maybe?).
As for Toddy, I think even he would be flattered by the attention he is getting on this forum. No disrespect as hes a good bloke but he is far from being a gun player IMHO.

You're actually right on both counts Big Cox. Tommy had a fantastic season in Pirie last year and won the medal in a canter but has since shifted back to Adelaide for work. Trying his luck for the Magpies and if that doesn't work out will make Lobethal's midfield look pretty sharp indeed. When he was at Centrals he was great mates with Jezza Aufderheide, who is the new coach of Lobethal and instrumental in getting him back to the big smoke.
Rugby: Picking the fat kids first since 1823
Number 36
Mini-League

Postby Cella Dwella » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Update....

(? = Unconfirmed)

- Losses- Niklaus (Gawler Central), MATT TURNER (? Port Broughton/Mundoora)

South - Gains - Lukic(from West), Finlay (BMW),Matt Skull (BMW),Scott Feltus (Exile!),Brady Cox (Kapunda)
- Losses - Skipworth,Shillabeer,Ruffles(to Centrals),Amos,Hannes (? Coober Pedy),Daniel Collins (Waikerie),Jake Collins (Waikerie),TODD KERNAHAN (?Central Whyalla)

Lions - Gains -
- Losses - Elijah Ware

Port - Gains-
Losses- Tom Clarke ( Adelaide), Michael Burford (Jamestown/Peterborough), LUTERIA (?Crystal Brook)

Losses- Lukic(South),Kenny (Centrals)

Can anyone confirm or deny any of these....or add more to the list. Please do so.
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Queen Vic. » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Cella Dwella wrote:Update....

(? = Unconfirmed)

- Losses- Niklaus (Gawler Central), MATT TURNER (? Port Broughton/Mundoora)

South - Gains - Lukic(from West), Finlay (BMW),Matt Skull (BMW),Scott Feltus (Exile!),Brady Cox (Kapunda)
- Losses - Skipworth,Shillabeer,Ruffles(to Centrals),Amos,Hannes (? Coober Pedy),Daniel Collins (Waikerie),Jake Collins (Waikerie),TODD KERNAHAN (?Central Whyalla)

Lions - Gains -
- Losses - Elijah Ware

Port - Gains-
Losses- Tom Clarke ( Adelaide), Michael Burford (Jamestown/Peterborough), LUTERIA (?Crystal Brook)

Losses- Lukic(South),Kenny (Centrals)

Can anyone confirm or deny any of these....or add more to the list. Please do so.

Please explain why Centrals have lost Dignity?
Queen Vic.
Rookie

Postby Diddy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 am

Queen Vic. wrote:

I believe Cella Dwella is referring to Centrals' penchant for poaching players from other SGL clubs. Although I thought that was rather obvious.
You stay classy Booleroo Centre
Diddy
Rookie

Postby Killa » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Diddy wrote:
Queen Vic. wrote:

I believe Cella Dwella is referring to Centrals' penchant for poaching players from other SGL clubs. Although I thought that was rather obvious.

Please explain, Ruffles went to south last year as he soak of getting left out in the GF when he was injured and didn't play a game last year. Skipworth and shillabeer left south as they didn't enjoy their footy last year to hugh amount of in fighting with each other. Kenny most likely went to centrals as his work mates all play their as well. AlsoI heard shillabeer is not getting paid and don't think skipworth is either.
Killa
Under 18s

Postby threestars » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

So do many teams have trials booked in for this season. I believe Centrals are playing Orroroo and Cystral Brook.......
threestars
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby the bearded wonder » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:50 am

Just in from Pirie the mighty Port Bulldogs have taken a huge hit losing a stack of quality players.
Kendall, Cox and J.Clarke to Sollies, Phillips and Featherstonhaugh to Crystal Brook, Burford to Jamestown, T.Clarke, Coombe and Mayes playing in Adelaide, McNamara, Fleming and Wilson retired and Hall and Penny likely to miss most if not all of the season due to injury. A few of the older B.Graders have also given it away. And there may be more to come. Would have to say the golden era may well be over.
the bearded wonder

Postby Jacko » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:54 pm

caleb wrote:Just in from Pirie the mighty Port Bulldogs have taken a huge hit losing a stack of quality players.
Kendall, Cox and J.Clarke to Sollies, Phillips and Featherstonhaugh to Crystal Brook, Burford to Jamestown, T.Clarke, Coombe and Mayes playing in Adelaide, McNamara, Fleming and Wilson retired and Hall and Penny likely to miss most if not all of the season due to injury. A few of the older B.Graders have also given it away. And there may be more to come. Would have to say the golden era may well be over.

Caleb - do you know what sort of players Phillips and Featherstonhaugh are, how do you think they will go in NAFA?
Jacko
Mini-League

Postby OnSong » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Josh Scharenberg back to South Whyalla from West Augusta.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy