Community football board

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Community football board

Postby aceman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:22 pm

I wonder what the outcome of the SFL meeting with the CFB was, good, bad or indifferent. I also wonder if the financials were presented.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Clever Dick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

News coming from the junior leagues regarding a directive from the CFB about possibly losing all payments for juniors who go on to play AFL and no further assistance with insurance or sponsorship if they don't join forces.
Does this sound a little bit like "blackmail?"
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Howard » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Clever Dick wrote:News coming from the junior leagues regarding a directive from the CFB about possibly losing all payments for juniors who go on to play AFL and no further assistance with insurance or sponsorship if they don't join forces.

Hi again Clever, it would seem to me a club or league would need to be affiliated to be eligible for the benefits that that affiliation provides, you can't have your cake and eat it to - pretty straight forward if you ask me.

By having a moan over this you are actually highlighting the benefits of affiliation!
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Clever Dick » Sat May 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Howard wrote:
Clever Dick wrote:News coming from the junior leagues regarding a directive from the CFB about possibly losing all payments for juniors who go on to play AFL and no further assistance with insurance or sponsorship if they don't join forces.

Hi again Clever, it would seem to me a club or league would need to be affiliated to be eligible for the benefits that that affiliation provides, you can't have your cake and eat it to - pretty straight forward if you ask me.

By having a moan over this you are actually highlighting the benefits of affiliation!

Ya reckon! How about you define the word "moan",I am merely pointing out what I'm hearing from junior leagues involved.
Go tell that to the clubs in NEMJFA(Modbury, Hope Valley, Golden Grove, Para Hills etc) who WILL be told they have to leave that very well run League and become a part of the CDJFL to bolster their stocks. Go tell the same clubs they won't have a choice because if they refuse, the CFB threats could well become reality.
Go tell the incumbent staff that they will not have a job when this occurs as it will be done by those at footy park, then tell the volunteers on their committees who have spent years getting the junior leagues to their exceptionally well run status, they too are no longer required because a "board" comprising of only 2 delegates from the 4 leagues will now be making the decisions on their behalf and they will become "puppets"
If it were up to the CFB, the SAAFL would be running metro junior footy but they have enough on their plate running their own comp so where will this all finish up, I wonder? Any ideas Howard?

Three of the four junior leagues may be prepared to disaffiliate to maintain their own independence if my reading between the lines is as I think it is.
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Howard » Sun May 02, 2010 10:05 am

Clever Dick wrote:
Howard wrote:

Ya reckon! How about you define the word "moan",I am merely pointing out what I'm hearing from junior leagues involved.
Go tell that to the clubs in NEMJFA(Modbury, Hope Valley, Golden Grove, Para Hills etc) who WILL be told they have to leave that very well run League and become a part of the CDJFL to bolster their stocks. Go tell the same clubs they won't have a choice because if they refuse, the CFB threats could well become reality.
Go tell the incumbent staff that they will not have a job when this occurs as it will be done by those at footy park, then tell the volunteers on their committees who have spent years getting the junior leagues to their exceptionally well run status, they too are no longer required because a "board" comprising of only 2 delegates from the 4 leagues will now be making the decisions on their behalf and they will become "puppets"
If it were up to the CFB, the SAAFL would be running metro junior footy but they have enough on their plate running their own comp so where will this all finish up, I wonder? Any ideas Howard?

Three of the four junior leagues may be prepared to disaffiliate to maintain their own independence if my reading between the lines is as I think it is.

I don't really know enough about the junior leagues, with the exception that the NEMFA is a massive league and are still run by a voluntary board - is that correct? Could it be that the CFL is just thinking that by that league being so large it would be more effectively administered by reducing the number of teams (clubs) in that league. I assume by your comments you may well be involved on that board and would feel some angst towards anyone threatening the structure of that board - fair enough - but I'd still suggest it may be more manageable by decreasing the work load. I'd also ask, is the current structure (of the NEMFJA) sustainable?

Another question I'd ask, why would a league be concerned about it's independence? Shouldn't junior footy be consistent - in rules, age structures, opportunities (AFL, SANFL etc)??
Howard
Rookie

Postby Clever Dick » Sun May 02, 2010 10:35 am

I don't really know enough about the junior leagues, with the exception that the NEMFA is a massive league and are still run by a voluntary board - is that correct? Could it be that the CFL is just thinking that by that league being so large it would be more effectively administered by reducing the number of teams (clubs) in that league. I assume by your comments you may well be involved on that board and would feel some angst towards anyone threatening the structure of that board - fair enough - but I'd still suggest it may be more manageable by decreasing the work load. I'd also ask, is the current structure (of the NEMFJA) sustainable?

Another question I'd ask, why would a league be concerned about it's independence? Shouldn't junior footy be consistent - in rules, age structures, opportunities (AFL, SANFL etc)??[/quote]

I have no affiliation or work with any junior league!
NEMJFA has a fulltime person as an administrator and they do it very well. Their ability to maintain the current workload is not the issue. The CDJFL is suffering because of lack of player numbers to fill each grade so some CDJFL clubs have teams playing in NEMJFA to enable the kids they do have to continue to play footy. They have consistency now without this new regime waiting to assume control. Their independence will be eroded and the current setup destroyed, somewhat similar to the school footy scenario that the SANFL failed to get right a few years ago.
The threat from the CFB is very real, they have told them they stand to lose the aforementioned benefits if these leagues don't toe the CFL line, and if that is not holding them to some form of ransom, then I'm from another planet.
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Howard » Sun May 02, 2010 11:43 am

Hi again Clever, I reckon we could start a new thread on school footy vs club footy so I don't really intend to go there while we discuss the CFB.

Having said that, I take on board what you said about the CDFJL, but, if we peel all these issues back to the bone, that is, does the kid playing on any Sunday worry about whether he or she plays in the NEMJFL or the CDJFL? I
I'm not sure they do, it's only administrators, concerned with their status and ego, that worry about their independence.

Also, once the sport gets to such a size, ie AFL, SANFL, SAAFL, Junior Leagues etc etc surely 'it' ie the game itself, require an overall administrative body, to ensure the games (consistent) future, obviously along the way not everybody is going to agree - that in itself is human nature. So we, the footballing public, entrusts the game to those administrators.

In a strange way, it's called democracy.

ps If you want to start a new thread on school footy let me know - I'll be there!
Howard
Rookie

Postby Clever Dick » Tue May 04, 2010 8:36 pm

[quote="Howard"]Hi again Clever, I reckon we could start a new thread on school footy vs club footy so I don't really intend to go there while we discuss the CFB.

Having said that, I take on board what you said about the CDFJL, but, if we peel all these issues back to the bone, that is, does the kid playing on any Sunday worry about whether he or she plays in the NEMJFL or the CDJFL? I
I'm not sure they do, it's only administrators, concerned with their status and ego, that worry about their independence.

Also, once the sport gets to such a size, ie AFL, SANFL, SAAFL, Junior Leagues etc etc surely 'it' ie the game itself, require an overall administrative body, to ensure the games (consistent) future, obviously along the way not everybody is going to agree - that in itself is human nature. So we, the footballing public, entrusts the game to those administrators.

So you are saying in this line, the people on the board of the CFL are "concerned with their status and ego' is that correct?
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby vics01 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 pm

HOWARD
Hi again Clever, I reckon we could start a new thread on school footy vs club footy so I don't really intend to go there while we discuss the CFB.

ps If you want to start a new thread on school footy let me know - I'll be there!

Good idea Howard lets get it cranked up

Maybe it will open a few peoples eyes
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby vics01 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:30 am

HOWARD

YES the kids do care where they play, it is only the out of touch administrator who wants to build an empire that doesnt.

Entrustrusted to administrators that have been foisted on the footballing community.

It is call ed community football for a reason, that being that it involves the local community
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Clever Dick » Thu May 20, 2010 11:58 am

I'm told the CFB 'flexed their muscles' again last night at the meeting with metropolitan junior league executives.
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby locky801 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:01 am

Clever Dick wrote:I'm told the CFB 'flexed their muscles' again last night at the meeting with metropolitan junior league executives.

Well next week we know what will happen with the Juniors I guess, well within the NEMJFA anyway
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Clever Dick » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm hearing big brother will lay down the law to the amateur clubs on the points system at a meeting to be held in November. It will be 'do as I say" or else you can disaffiliate which will cost you around $120K per season in lost revenue.
So clubs will each need to find $2K extra per season if that happens. I wonder what will happen?
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Hellboy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:48 am

Clever Dick wrote:I'm hearing big brother will lay down the law to the amateur clubs on the points system at a meeting to be held in November. It will be 'do as I say" or else you can disaffiliate which will cost you around $120K per season in lost revenue.
So clubs will each need to find $2K extra per season if that happens. I wonder what will happen?

Fear not, the CEO is all over this :D

Oh, hang on, no hes not, he's having a bang up in South Africa coutesy of the clubs :partyman:

when the going gets tough, go on safari lad :roll:
Hellboy
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Clever Dick » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:11 am

Clever Dick wrote:I'm hearing big brother will lay down the law to the amateur clubs on the points system at a meeting to be held in November. It will be 'do as I say" or else you can disaffiliate which will cost you around $120K per season in lost revenue.

And what's more, all questions are to be sent in prior to the night, no questions from the floor will be taken. I guess that gives them time to work out all of the 'spin'.
Will club delegates fold under the circumstances?
Clever Dick
Rookie

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy