Community football board

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Community football board

Postby Clever Dick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 am

The Gimp wrote:
supercoach wrote:Here is another interesting one from within - why do the league (SANFL) want clubs to give the name of every single coach from under 8 up anwhere in the state to them for their so called "data base". They use the excuse of needing it to protect kids and make sure coaches reach a ceretain level, but I know otherwise. Mr R Oatey of the boys brigade I believe is collating the data for the SANFL league thru his affiliates. I know in our league we are refusing or ignoring their requests.

Why would you refuse it? All they do is take your details? Surely you make sure your coaches get a police check?? Do you have something to hide??

I think you will find the Freedom of Information Act states that before personal details of individuals can be given to any other body or person, permission is to be sought & given by those individuals in writing.
Not sure that's 'verbatim' but it's around the mark
Clever Dick
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Howard » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:57 am

Clever Dick wrote:
The Gimp wrote:
supercoach wrote:Here is another interesting one from within - why do the league (SANFL) want clubs to give the name of every single coach from under 8 up anwhere in the state to them for their so called "data base". They use the excuse of needing it to protect kids and make sure coaches reach a ceretain level, but I know otherwise. Mr R Oatey of the boys brigade I believe is collating the data for the SANFL league thru his affiliates. I know in our league we are refusing or ignoring their requests.

Why would you refuse it? All they do is take your details? Surely you make sure your coaches get a police check?? Do you have something to hide??

I think you will find the Freedom of Information Act states that before personal details of individuals can be given to any other body or person, permission is to be sought & given by those individuals in writing.

Clever Dick this is a new line of attack by those against the CFB, I really struggle to understand how having coaches details on a data base is anything other than good management of your competition, in as much as it is everything to do with due diligence ie as Gimp indicates police checks etc. I think this info has been collated well before the CFB was created, can you confirm?
When the hair on your arse starts to smell like burning grass - you're on fire!
Howard
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Clever Dick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 am

Howard wrote:
Clever Dick wrote:
The Gimp wrote:

Clever Dick this is a new line of attack by those against the CFB, I really struggle to understand how having coaches details on a data base is anything other than good management of your competition, in as much as it is everything to do with due diligence ie as Gimp indicates police checks etc. I think this info has been collated well before the CFB was created, can you confirm?

No attack from me, just putting forward what I reckon is the FOI requirement. Police checks should be mandatory but it doesn't preclude anything from happening after the event, only prior to them.
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Howard » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:28 am

Apologies Clever - I misunderstood the point you were making.
Howard
Rookie

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:34 am

There are many things to complain to the CFB about, but you are clutching at straws with this one as I think its a good idea to have a central register. No different to them having players details really.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Clever Dick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 am

Howard wrote:Apologies Clever - I misunderstood the point you were making.

I reckon you've only got to look into the swimming & acting world for some instances where a police check at the time would have been worthless.
Hindsight would be priceless if only we could bottle it!
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby aceman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 am

Watched a bit of the Country versus SAAFL game yesterday and was a bit perplexed with the country jumpers.
It appears the CFL allowed one supplier to emblazen their name boldly on the back of the jumper just above the numbers which I must confess, were very difficult to read, especially double digits. Maybe that's a part of the supplier's 'freebie' deal and they got them for nothing.
Perhaps they should be told that 9" rugby or soccer style numbers aren't suitable on adult size football jumpers.
The SAAFL had the match sponsor 'Telstra' logo on the back of theirs and the small CFB logo on the front which is as it should have been for both if they want "equality'.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Clever Dick » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:55 pm

The "cracks" are starting to appear and some are becoming quite wide!
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Clever Dick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 pm

OMG, are you all completely happy with this or just frightened to "air your point of view"?
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Jailbird » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Clever Dick wrote:OMG, are you all completely happy with this or just frightened to "air your point of view"?

CD, Thought this might amuse a few people,

Thursday, April 8, 2010
COMMUNITY FOOTBALL BOARD APPOINTMENT

SA Community Football Board chairman David Shipway is pleased to announce the appointment of David Benson to the Board as its second and final outside director.

The appointment was approved by the SA Football Commission this month following a recommendation from the SA Community Football Board.

David has had a long involvement in football, notably as a Sturt Football Club major sponsor, Blackwood Football Club President and a Hills Football League executive.

“David brings with him significant business and marketing expertise having been Dealer Principal of Dave Benson Caravans for many years,” Mr Shipway said.

“He has a great passion for South Australian football and we welcome his contributions to the Board.”

The Community Football Board now comprises two SANFL directors, two country directors, two metropolitan directors and two outside directors. David’s directorship is initially for a two-year term.
Jailbird
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 am

Maybe we can save on office rental costs by getting him to stump up a nice caravan for their offices :D
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Clever Dick » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:29 am

Clever Dick wrote:Which league board member has been "invited" to join the CFB? Problem is, it can only happen providing he resigns from his position as a Director of that league?
Seems they don't want people holding dual positions. Now that brings up all sorts of questions, I seem to recollect something along this line in another league but it isn't seen as a problem.
Double standards maybe????

JB, it appears the prophecy made back several weeks ago has come to fruition.
Did he resign from the HFL board to take up the spot?
Will he air the views of the majority of club people within the HFL and more importantly, will any notice be taken of those views by the CFB?
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Clever Dick » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:51 pm

EB53 wrote:Can any of the posters shed some light on the future of juniour football and its various associations if it comes under the banner of the CFB ?

I'm told the 4 junior league Execs were wined & dined by the CFB last Wednesday with a "follow up" meeting held to discuss the outcome of the John Halbert led 'sermon' a few weeks ago.
Will await the story of that meeting with baited breath to see what promises or otherwise are made.Stay tuned, more details later.
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby Clever Dick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Clever Dick wrote:
EB53 wrote:Can any of the posters shed some light on the future of juniour football and its various associations if it comes under the banner of the CFB ?

I'm told the 4 junior league Execs were wined & dined by the CFB last Wednesday with a "follow up" meeting held to discuss the outcome of the John Halbert led 'sermon' a few weeks ago.
Will await the story of that meeting with baited breath to see what promises or otherwise are made.Stay tuned, more details later.

Looks as though it is a "fait accompli' with the general consensus that it will take a couple of years for the junior leagues to get their end sorted out firstly.
The CFB is still playing the old trick of "everything will be cheaper to buy".
Not sure on that bit!
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 pm

I hope this was about the CFB promoting Junior club footy over school footy
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Clever Dick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:50 pm

vics01 wrote:

I hope this was about the CFB promoting Junior club footy over school footy

Vics, that's asking a bit much of the same blokes who 'pushed school footy' for years and failed.

They are doing as they've done with country leagues, taking control of the admin and a few other things along the way.
Clever Dick
Rookie

Postby aceman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Clever Dick wrote:
Clever Dick wrote:

Looks as though it is a "fait accompli' with the general consensus that it will take a couple of years for the junior leagues to get their end sorted out firstly.
The CFB is still playing the old trick of "everything will be cheaper to buy".
Not sure on that bit!

I've been told that not all the junior leagues are happy about the impending "takeover"!
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby aceman » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 am

Talking with some club and League people yesterday at Paskeville, it appears the CFB will have their hands full getting this league and its clubs to follow the CFL instructions. Could be a huge 'backlash'.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Howard » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Haven't seen much discussion here lately, everyone must be just "getting on with", good to see!
Howard
Rookie

Postby aceman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:39 pm

aceman wrote:Talking with some club and League people yesterday at Paskeville, it appears the CFB will have their hands full getting this league and its clubs to follow the CFL instructions. Could be a huge 'backlash'.

I forgot to add that one of the club delegates told me "if they want to bend us over and do us just to get a free watertank, they can shove their tank up their ar$e. We are not being conned!"
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy