Community football board

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Community football board

Postby supercoach » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Believe there was a meeting of 7 local footy leagues from around the state during the week discussing the probability that they will be withdrawing from affiliation of the community football board set up by Leigh Wicker and his mates at the SANFL. Part of the problem is the $120k a year his side kick Mr G Rosser gets and then the other 2 wages of around $70k and $60k for his side acts. $250k for nothing taken out of community clubs. I know 3 of the leagues (bigger ones) have already decided to go without reservation. Hopefully they stick to their guns and start the break down of the boys club that is crushing a great game in this state.
supercoach
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Re: Community football board

Postby Goldberg » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:05 pm

=D> =D> =D>
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby aceman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:38 pm

supercoach wrote:Believe there was a meeting of 7 local footy leagues from around the state during the week discussing the probability that they will be withdrawing from affiliation of the community football board set up by Leigh Wicker and his mates at the SANFL. Part of the problem is the $120k a year his side kick Mr G Rosser gets and then the other 2 wages of around $70k and $60k for his side acts. $250k for nothing taken out of community clubs. I know 3 of the leagues (bigger ones) have already decided to go without reservation. Hopefully they stick to their guns and start the break down of the boys club that is crushing a great game in this state.

Not sure you're correct with much of that.
This body has always been there and called the SANFL Affiliated Leagues Commision and all is funded by the SANFL. The new format is to give the Board some more "teeth" in gaining support of all types for Community footy, not robbing it.
You might want to check your information.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby has been » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:28 am

Think you will find the super coach is spot on as he was there at the meeting. Ask each league how much they pay based on the number of clubs. Yes it has always been there but in a different format without the so called clout. Very much a boys club and about to be given a kick. Once 2 or 3 decide to leave many others will follow. That my friend is the cold hard fact.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:58 am

You are correct - the CFB has a bit more structure and clout than the old Affiliated Leagues body, as it oversees all SA clubs not just those affiliated with SANFL.
As well as paying the normal affiliated leagues payments, leagues & clubs now also have to pay an addtional fee to assist in the running of CFB called the Programs Development Levy.
Affiliation fees are paid during the season, the levy was invoiced near the end of the season.

CFB is meant to "centralise" everything for leagues and ensure clubs have access to sponsorship arrangements, grants information etc. May be good elsewhere but at Flagstaff Hill we already have these well under control, and the SFL already have the merchandise arrangements in place.

We keep getting surveys so CFB can identify where they can offer assistance, but so far all they have done was identify these things are in place. One survery asked how often we buy pie warmers ??

Best thing they have done so far is the establishment of SFL onto Sporting Pulse/Footyweb and the email newsletters with all the results and photos from the carnivals that we dont usually see.
Currently they are working with SFL to change Clearance rules and the points system for 2010.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby shoe boy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 am

supercoach wrote:Believe there was a meeting of 7 local footy leagues from around the state during the week discussing the probability that they will be withdrawing from affiliation of the community football board set up by Leigh Wicker and his mates at the SANFL. Part of the problem is the $120k a year his side kick Mr G Rosser gets and then the other 2 wages of around $70k and $60k for his side acts. $250k for nothing taken out of community clubs. I know 3 of the leagues (bigger ones) have already decided to go without reservation. Hopefully they stick to their guns and start the break down of the boys club that is crushing a great game in this state.

Could not say it better SC. :ymapplause:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Pinch Hitter » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:44 pm

A consistent approach to regulation across the state , a direct line into the SANFL for all leagues , an effort to provide financial benefits through centralised purchasing , free computers and statewide football database on the web , all sounds positive for grassroots footy and future administrators of the game to me.

a few upset cowboys , who cares !!
The writing is on the wall - learn to read and you might survive
Pinch Hitter
Under 18s

Postby aceman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:06 pm

Pinch Hitter wrote:A consistent approach to regulation across the state , a direct line into the SANFL for all leagues , an effort to provide financial benefits through centralised purchasing , free computers and statewide football database on the web , all sounds positive for grassroots footy and future administrators of the game to me.

I like the boy!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Leagues that want to go it alone do so, when something turns "pear shape", watch them duck for cover.
The BL&G FL went it all alone until fairly recently, I wonder what made them change their minds and affiliate?
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:19 pm

aceman wrote:
Pinch Hitter wrote:A consistent approach to regulation across the state , a direct line into the SANFL for all leagues , an effort to provide financial benefits through centralised purchasing , free computers and statewide football database on the web , all sounds positive for grassroots footy and future administrators of the game to me.

I like the boy!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Leagues that want to go it alone do so, when something turns "pear shape", watch them duck for cover.
The BL&G FL went it all alone until fairly recently, I wonder what made them change their minds and affiliate?

And Aceman I thought you knew what you were talking about!!!! OBVIOSLY NOT! [-x
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby aceman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm

shoe boy wrote:
aceman wrote:

I like the boy!!!!!!!!!!

Well fill me in, positives versus negatives on the deal.
Three big leagues going it alone so a poster says, my guess is SFL, HFL & GSFL if you go by club numbers,The RFL are okay with it so tell me more.
I reckon I could fill you in on who was the first league to complain about it, for whatever reason.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Lunchbox Legend » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Well said supercoach. :ymapplause: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lunchbox Legend

Postby aceman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:45 pm

shoe boy wrote:
aceman wrote:

I like the boy!!!!!!!!!!

There are 276 clubs in SA footy, take out the 67 in the SAAFL as that's a different situation, how does the CFB impact on clubs? What does this cost per club in additional affiliation fees?
Can anyone tell me please?
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 pm

The rumours are all circling around at the moment, seems it goes even deeper...

The SA Football Commission has apparently told the Hills FL that Blanchetown Swan Reach and Sedan-Cambrai WILL be playing in the Country Division next season, Hills have taken offence to being dictated to and are likely dis-affiliate accordingly.

SFL have also made it very clear that it will not be grouped together with the Ammos and the miriad of suburban junior comps and refused to pay the $20 a head levy.

Main loss for clubs not being affiliated with the SANFL is that they will not receive royalties for any players that go on to play AFL football.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:The rumours are all circling around at the moment, seems it goes even deeper...

The SA Football Commission has apparently told the Hills FL that Blanchetown Swan Reach and Sedan-Cambrai WILL be playing in the Country Division next season, Hills have taken offence to being dictated to and are likely dis-affiliate accordingly.

SFL have also made it very clear that it will not be grouped together with the Ammos and the miriad of suburban junior comps and refused to pay the $20 a head levy.

Main loss for clubs not being affiliated with the SANFL is that they will not receive royalties for any players that go on to play AFL football.

Talking with a senior Kangarilla excecutive if this is the case they are out of the comp and will apply to the SFL or GSFL!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby The Gimp » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Main loss for clubs not being affiliated with the SANFL is that they will not receive royalties for any players that go on to play AFL football.

By the time the SANFL, league and everyone else takes their "share", there's not much left for the clubs anyway!!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby has been » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Think you will find the SANFL has no control on the local club getting re-imbursed / compenstated for a player that makes it to AFL. They will get those payments despite not being part of the CFB. Know that for a fact and they sought legal advice on that. Not the HFL causing the hassle, but they are one of the 7. Skiing season on the murray has a lot of talk as well. Cracks are appearing in Mr Wickers egg.
has been
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:54 am

From the CFB Minutes 14/9/09:

"G Rosser advised that the SACFL logo had been filed for examination and once accepted can then be registered in about 3-4 months time. It was confirmed that all senior playing apparel (guernseys, shorts and socks) will be required to include this logo by the commencement of the 2012 season."

"Mid Murray Football League
Copies of letters have been received from Blanchetown/Swan Reach and Sedan Cambrai requesting to transfer to Hills League – country division.

Robertstown are having ongoing talks with Eudunda regarding merger prospects for 2010 and a meeting was recently held with Morgan/Cadell and they confirmed that their preference was to continue in Mid Murray Football League.

A League meeting is scheduled for late September and we will be represented to discuss all options with the Clubs and League and refer back."

"Compulsory Bye for SA Country Championships
After discussion, it was agreed that a State Country Bye be programmed the weekend of the SA Country Championships (3rd & 4th July 2010).

Leagues can apply for an exemption to the CFB on the proviso Clubs/Leagues support player participation in the SA Country Championships. "
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby supercoach » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Believe that you will find the HFL clubs do not want the mid murray teams even in a div 3 scenario and the fact the CFB are dictating as is the Whicker way they have no alternative but to look at disafilliating with the others
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby aceman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 pm

has been wrote:Think you will find the super coach is spot on as he was there at the meeting. Ask each league how much they pay based on the number of clubs. Yes it has always been there but in a different format without the so called clout. Very much a boys club and about to be given a kick. Once 2 or 3 decide to leave many others will follow. That my friend is the cold hard fact.

With what I am hearing, I believe you guys are on the money, apologies for any doubts I had .
There is a smell about this that's not all that good and I will reveal what I know in due course.

They say "a fish rots at the head first", I reckon they might be correct;

When a person sits across a table and tells you one thing, then the results come out and the goalposts have shifted, what else might they change in midstream I wonder?
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby aceman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Is this any further advanced??? The guy I spoke to about it has got "cold feet" on the likely outcome it appears!
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy