EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: EP Football - PLFL, GFFL, MWFL, FWFL, EEFL

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed May 20, 2015 5:20 pm

Ken Whelan Fan wrote:Its not just Bostons WCP every club will have to evaluate their points allocation....carefully

No doubt we would be in the worst position though. I know nothing about it all, happy spectator these days
Last edited by westcoastpanther on Thu May 21, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Ken Whelan Fan » Wed May 20, 2015 6:14 pm

Mate...bloody enjoy it! its been along time between drinks and it certainly makes spectating fun
Ken Whelan Fan
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby steakn » Fri May 22, 2015 12:43 am

Round 4 will be a cracker.

TFC vs MRFC @ Ravendale.
Tassies desperate to get back on the winners list while Rangers needing to open their own account.
Will be tighter than in previous years and I'd like to see grubs odds coming into the weekend.
Still tipping the TFC by 2 goals.

Reserves will be clash of the bottom two, club depth being tested between both sides will make for entertaining viewing as young & old strap on the hoof covers. Can't see Tassies winning this and potentially any reserves game this year.
Sorry. MRFC by 5 goals

WFC vs MPFC
Interesting to see if any of the old magic from Windsor St rubs itself into this game.
Back in the day, Kelsh, Keatley, JCS & Goody dragged their teams over the line in these intriguing clashes and will be a wonder if they could do it again for old times sakes.(minus Goody & maybe JCS)
I think Mallees are a bit too strong presently. To the win by 5 goals.

Reserves will again be a good one, Peckers generally strong & Waybacks the ultimate side of last 4 years.
Saturday should see Peckers home by 10 points

LSFC vs BFC
The tiger train to keep rolling here, player points no player points, won't make any difference.
Souths are a good side this year and should make the 4 but Bostons are on a kill spree and won't slow down this week.
Strong On & Off field, Bostons will win by 6-8 goals.

The reserves match will be game of the round for both A & B grades across the league with both sides coming in undefeated.
The well coached Eagles by club legend Scott Jarvis vs the super talented list from Poole.
I'd love it to be close but I think the Eagles will lose a handful to the seniors & it may cost the reserves their best 21.
Tipping Bostons by 4 goals
steakn
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby bombers boy » Fri May 22, 2015 9:36 am

TFC vs MRFC @ Ravendale.
Tassies desperate to get back on the winners list while Rangers needing to open their own account.
Will be tighter than in previous years and I'd like to see grubs odds coming into the weekend.
Still tipping the TFC by 2 goals.

Reserves will be clash of the bottom two, club depth being tested between both sides will make for entertaining viewing as young & old strap on the hoof covers. Can't see Tassies winning this and potentially any reserves game this year.
Sorry. MRFC by 5 goals

WFC vs MPFC
Interesting to see if any of the old magic from Windsor St rubs itself into this game.
Back in the day, Kelsh, Keatley, JCS & Goody dragged their teams over the line in these intriguing clashes and will be a wonder if they could do it again for old times sakes.(minus Goody & maybe JCS)
I think Mallees are a bit too strong presently. To the win by 5 goals.

Reserves will again be a good one, Peckers generally strong & Waybacks the ultimate side of last 4 years.
Saturday should see Peckers home by 10 points

LSFC vs BFC
The tiger train to keep rolling here, player points no player points, won't make any difference.
Souths are a good side this year and should make the 4 but Bostons are on a kill spree and won't slow down this week.
Strong On & Off field, Bostons will win by 6-8 goals.

The reserves match will be game of the round for both A & B grades across the league with both sides coming in undefeated.
The well coached Eagles by club legend Scott Jarvis vs the super talented list from Poole.
I'd love it to be close but I think the Eagles will lose a handful to the seniors & it may cost the reserves their best 21.
Tipping Bostons by 4 goals[/quote]

tasmans MP Bostons

wonder who the unlucky lads will be to miss out at the tigers? will they hang around to play B grade?
bombers boy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby westcoastpanther » Sat May 23, 2015 12:29 pm

What should we do, get rid of everyone who wanted to play for us so we can be crap again? Just have 21 a graders, then 21 pure b graders, cause that's how u win flags. I'm just so glad evryone is keeping an eye out for the tigers, your concern is appreciated. Never know we might have two decent grades in the one year
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Old Son » Sat May 23, 2015 12:40 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:What should we do, get rid of everyone who wanted to play for us so we can be crap again? Just have 21 a graders, then 21 pure b graders, cause that's how u win flags. I'm just so glad evryone is keeping an eye out for the tigers, your concern is appreciated. Never know we might have two decent grades in the one year

who was the last team to have the depth to win an A grade and B grade flag in same year?
Old Son
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Sat May 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Reckon rangers did in 2000, possibly 97 as well
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Ken Whelan Fan » Sat May 23, 2015 2:01 pm

had a few shit bags in those years WCP!
Ken Whelan Fan
League Bench Warmer

Postby westcoastpanther » Sat May 23, 2015 2:47 pm

??
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby westcoastpanther » Sat May 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Boston's by 70 points in the twos, obviously someone still around. Ha ha
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Ken Whelan Fan » Tue May 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Sounds like a great night Souths...what the heck?
Ken Whelan Fan
League Bench Warmer

Postby steakn » Tue May 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Ken Whelan Fan wrote:Sounds like a great night Souths...what the heck?

Care to elaborate KWF??
steakn
Under 18s

Postby Boston Bay Everyday » Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 pm

A youth(15-17 yo), a girl & a pool cue,
Boston Bay Everyday
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby Mark Dreher » Thu May 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Boston Bay Everyday wrote:A Boston Junior (15-16 yo), a Female Bar Manager & a pool cue,

Just updated for you there BBE
Mark Dreher
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby another grub » Thu May 28, 2015 6:14 pm

I didnt know it was a boston junior?

Lets hope they can assist the junior in getting this lad the help he needs.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 421 times

Postby steakn » Thu May 28, 2015 10:12 pm

This Saturday evening will conclude the first round of 2015 PLFL with all teams showing glimpses of what they can offer when on song.
Bostons have their claws out & are up and about with no major on-field issues to speak of
Mallee Park are quietly going about their business notching up 3 successive wins now
Waybacks have been a bit interesting, up until the first half vs LSFC they looked great but have gone missing since.
Marble Range answered no questions last week, probably created some more realistically. How good are they vs how bad are Tasmans
Lincoln South are a relatively unknown quality, pumped last week by Bostons but competitive against all others bar the first half vs Mallee Park.
Tasmans......good clubs would embrace this challenge that they now face after 3 straight losses & an equal bottom of the ladder place. Time for the red & white to dig deep until reinforcements arrive (and they will)
How serious are they about a top two spot?

Anyway onto this weeks games & this will be my final preview of PL footy before I pack up house and the family & head to WA for a fresh adventure.

MPFC vs BFC
Undisputed match of the round.
Everyone is raving about Bostons depth and performances early.
Mallees have been performing admirably in the shadows of the 2015 Tigers. Franklin, Singh, Lakin, Gericke & Dorward have been among many standouts from an already cohesive group, another solid effort from the above mentioned will push Mallees to the brink this week. Acid test for the MPFC this week. Will the Johncocks be able to carry the Peckers through the stiffest challenge to date????
My tip no.
Bostons to continue on their merry way by 25 points.
~Reserves.
Bostons looked ominous last week against the previously undefeated LSFC outfit, another big win beckons
BFC by 45 points.

Waybacks take on Marble Range and what difference a week in football makes to these proud clubs.
Waybacks lost both senior grades after a positive start to the season & Marble Range did the opposite to open their accounts.
Sharaf & Lowe busy last week for the Rangers along with the industrious Glen Schreiber. A lot to like about the Rangers list really and another victory could be on the cards.
Waybacks being led well by Shaun Maxfield & Toby Rawson will be no push over and add to the mix Jefferies, Seal & ageing superstar Keatley, the team sheets point to a classic encounter between these 2 strongly supported clubs.
My tip is Marble Range in a close finish 5-15points.
~ Reserves will be another good game. But I think the class of Mathes Pugsley, Sammy Higgins & Brad Davison should have the blue & Red singing the team song after the siren.
Waybacks by 3-4 goals.

In the final match of the round, another evening game will the LSFC pitted against the under pressure TFC.
Both sides would hate to lose this game, either side have had their fair share of injury and availability issues this year, but it will still be 21 v 21.
Realistically it will be Souths best chance of getting revenge on Tassies for the lost 2013 GF since that mentioned match. With the weather looking greasy, it will be fascinating to see whether Souths hyped midfield group can gain some ascendency over Tasmans taller line up.
Watch for the likes of Paul Stelzer, Chris Minns, Paul White to crash & bash their way through an under siege Tasmans midfield line up.
For the roosters, Semmler, Frost, Scarfe, Daniells, Cimarosti will need to lead courageously from the front if they want to stop this run of losses.
My tip is LSFC by 10 points.
~ Reserves, Souths will be back hunting after last weeks big loss.
Rooster is on the menu, and something special needs to change for Tasmans if they want to win.
Souths in a blowout. 8-9 goals

Good luck to all sides for the rest of the PLFL season.
steakn
Under 18s

Postby Yangebup » Sat May 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Game of the decade at Mallee Park today.

Mallees won 23 - 9 to Bostons 21 - 6

at half time it was 12 goals to 11. The Johncock Brothers were very good & kicked about 6 goals each

Bostons were brave & kept coming back right to the end, after having 3 injured & no bench before half time
Yangebup
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby DPW » Sat May 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Total shootouts , half your luck for being there to watch it
DPW
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:46 am

Yangebup wrote:Game of the decade at Mallee Park today.

Mallees won 23 - 9 to Bostons 21 - 6

at half time it was 12 goals to 11. The Johncock Brothers were very good & kicked about 6 goals each

Bostons were brave & kept coming back right to the end, after having 3 injured & no bench before half time

One of the best games I have seen in a long time. The goals just kept coming, they would get three in a row and we would answer with same. They got out to 26 point lead in last quarter, we got it back to 2 points, before they kicked another couple to seal it. No rotations hurt us, but we just keep asking questions of them. They had to play out of their skins to beat us.

First time I've ever had to go around near the scoreboard to get a park!!
westcoastpanther
Coach

Postby Ken Whelan Fan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Really a great game by the sound of it....something we haven't had for a couple of years in Lincoln....any truth to a report being lodged after the game?
Ken Whelan Fan
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy