Drug use in Country Footy

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Drug use in Country Footy

Postby FootyWiz81 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey everyone,

What does everyone think about Drug Use in Country Football at all level's, im not talking about recreational so much but mainly steroids and other performance drugs.

I currently watch a fair bit of one team in the RMFL and i have a feeling that they might be taking performance enhanching drugs for some reason they are all toned buff even there first year players have muscles like an afl player, i attend the local gym and there is only a few of these boys that go to the gym, and i am just wondering what peoples view is on this..
I AM NOT SAYING THE CLUB I AM TALKING ABOUT, I DONT WANT TO NAME NAMES! thanks
FootyWiz81
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Drug use in Country Footy

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:39 pm

FootyWiz81 wrote:Hey everyone,

What does everyone think about Drug Use in Country Football at all level's, im not talking about recreational so much but mainly steroids and other performance drugs.

I currently watch a fair bit of one team in the RMFL and i have a feeling that they might be taking performance enhanching drugs for some reason they are all toned buff even there first year players have muscles like an afl player, i attend the local gym and there is only a few of these boys that go to the gym, and i am just wondering what peoples view is on this..
I AM NOT SAYING THE CLUB I AM TALKING ABOUT, I DONT WANT TO NAME NAMES! thanks

You still need to work out for steroids to have effect.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby FootyWiz81 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:13 pm

yes i know you do but you dont have to work out 5 days a week and everything, im wondering if they are taking steroids and working out at home, u cant get like these guys just in a home gym, unless they have spend $10,000s on there gym
FootyWiz81
Under 16s

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 am

While there's no way that players using steroids would get caught playing country footy, why would you want to?

Sure you'll get bigger guns, but a smaller sperm count. For what? At least Marion Jones got fame and fortune, not just her name in the Sunday Mail.
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby The Panther » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 am

From my understanding of roids you need to work out just as hard to get the massive gains these people get.
The risks are enormous , I don't think people would risk early heart attacks for an RMFL flag. I would suggest if someone in the RMFL is taking drugs it would be for reasons other than football eg. body image ( vanity ).
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 am

Plus the expenses involved. Lol.
I lived with a bloke who played footy who was getting into purchasing horse steroids.
Mind you he also threw up meals etc to stay trim, so I would say it was more about vanity than looking to play better footy. Lol
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby lebron » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 pm

I would say a very small percentage participate in taking performance enhancing drugs. And I would say that those that do, have secondary motives, being work, another sport like MMA and for 'good looks'. Chicks love the gun shows!!!
lebron
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy