Relegation in the HFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Relegation in the HFL

Postby false » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 am

aceman wrote:
The informer wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:Has Birdwood pursued the Barossa League for 2011?

No

Are you 100% sure ?

Well i'm not on the committee but what I hear is that wouldn't be happening, and from a personal point of view I'd be quite surprised and disappointed.
false
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby has been » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Nice article from Pistols in the courier yesterday - Agree with his sentiment that the worst side in Lobethal should be the one going down and not Birdwood. Think the majority would agree with that. Lets see what the HFL board recommend. Then again the clubs need to vote on it as well.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby lebron » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:34 pm

What about the article in the Advertiser today, with a sggested A3 comp, what does that do to the number of teams in Country Division?
lebron
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby FairDinkum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Yes, nice article Pistols, however looks like the worst side is Ironbank!!!!
Hahahahahahahahahahahah, hilarious.
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Sorce » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Will Birdwood be watching this weekends Prelim Final at Callington? To my understanding Torrens Valley Need to finish Top Two this year to go up (wouldn't that mean they need to win on the weekend to make the GF to finish top two????) or am I wrong?
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Rams52 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:28 pm

The Sorce wrote:Will Birdwood be watching this weekends Prelim Final at Callington? To my understanding Torrens Valley Need to finish Top Two this year to go up (wouldn't that mean they need to win on the weekend to make the GF to finish top two????) or am I wrong?

I think that they only had to finish top 2 in the year that they nominated to go up to Central, i.e. last year. May be wrong though..
Rams52
Under 16s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Nairne-Bremer

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Rams52 wrote:
The Sorce wrote:Will Birdwood be watching this weekends Prelim Final at Callington? To my understanding Torrens Valley Need to finish Top Two this year to go up (wouldn't that mean they need to win on the weekend to make the GF to finish top two????) or am I wrong?

I think that they only had to finish top 2 in the year that they nominated to go up to Central, i.e. last year. May be wrong though..

No you're right. It doesn't matter where Torrens Valley finish this year as they finshed top 2 the year they nominated to go to Central. Birdwood are the team to be relegated as they accrued the least amount of points. Sounds like they will be arguing every inch of the rules to stay in Central though. Unfortunately for them the clubs have voted that Central remain a 10 team competition (a very smart move). Apparently Birdwood will take legal action which is quite sad, they should take the opportunity to go to Country Div, rebuild and come back stronger in a few years time. Or whinge and complain about the rules and become the most disliked team in the HFL.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:08 am

FairDinkum wrote:Yes, nice article Pistols, however looks like the worst side is Ironbank!!!!

Not a very intelligent post. Lobethal beat Bridgewater as well who finished below Ironbank. Perhaps take some time to think before you post crap. Most people who know anything about football know which team needs to be relegated. And surprisingly its not the one I go on about, unfortunately the rules suggest otherwise. Its a shame Birdwood didn't gather more points. I think you'll find most clubs in Central would vote Lobethal out.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby The Gimp » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
FairDinkum wrote:Yes, nice article Pistols, however looks like the worst side is Ironbank!!!!

Not a very intelligent post. Perhaps take some time to think before you post crap.

Talk about pot calling kettle black!! You've posted nothing but utter bullsh1t on this thread since it opened. I'm really looking forward to the day you actually talk some sense on here.

Take some of you're our advice. :roll: :roll:
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 pm

The Gimp wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:

Not a very intelligent post. Perhaps take some time to think before you post crap.

Talk about pot calling kettle black!! You've posted nothing but utter bullsh1t on this thread since it opened. I'm really looking forward to the day you actually talk some sense on here.

Take some of you're our advice. :roll: :roll:

Perhaps you and FairDinkum can get together, put those two brain cells at work and make sense yourself. That would be called a merger... mmm... perhaps the Birdwood Tigers is the way to go. :lol:
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Armytank » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Do you really think everything else that was written (and you failed to quote) is utter crap?

Do you really want sensible discussion about this topic on here? Here is your chance.

Are Birdwood going to persue legal action? If so will you be trying to force an 11 team comp, relegate Lobethal or stop TV's promotion.

I can see 4 possible endings here, which one is preferred by Birdwood?
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:

Not a very intelligent post. Lobethal beat Bridgewater as well who finished below Ironbank. Perhaps take some time to think before you post crap. Most people who know anything about football know which team needs to be relegated. And surprisingly its not the one I go on about, unfortunately the rules suggest otherwise. Its a shame Birdwood didn't gather more points. I think you'll find most clubs in Central would vote Lobethal out.

I would say some clubs would gloat at them going down while others would be against it due to some healthy rivalries. However I would say no other club apart from Birdwood really gives a stuff that they are going down. Others may have preferred Loby, but dont really care that it is now Birdwood.Does not help their cause.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Armytank » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Word is that Birdwood have a meeting tonight with the league and they are taking a QC with them. Do they intend on bullying the HFL into allowing them to stay in Central?

This is going to get out of hand once again if the league don't just put their foot down and tell the clubs how it is going to be.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Bat Pad wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:

I would say some clubs would gloat at them going down while others would be against it due to some healthy rivalries. However I would say no other club apart from Birdwood really gives a stuff that they are going down. Others may have preferred Loby, but dont really care that it is now Birdwood.Does not help their cause.

Agreed, Birdwood have satisfied the requirements to be relegated. Now they need swallow their pride and return to Country Div. Kicking up a storm makes them look pathetic. Hopefully the HFL stands firm on this not like the mess with this weeks finals. The clubs have already spoken at the Special General Meeting and will not be happy if they are dragged through that again.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby The Gimp » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Armytank wrote:Do you really think everything else that was written (and you failed to quote) is utter crap?

Do you really want sensible discussion about this topic on here? Here is your chance.

Are Birdwood going to persue legal action? If so will you be trying to force an 11 team comp, relegate Lobethal or stop TV's promotion.

If you want to read my thoughts, just scroll through the entire thread and you will get them. You can't have sensible discussion on here when the other clubs don't care like it's been mentioned. As long as you're club isn't in the gun, you couldn't give two ***** - and that's half the problem.
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby The Gimp » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Armytank wrote:Word is that Birdwood have a meeting tonight with the league and they are taking a QC with them. Do they intend on bullying the HFL into allowing them to stay in Central?

This is going to get out of hand once again if the league don't just put their foot down and tell the clubs how it is going to be.

Better go back to your source and tell him to get his hand off it - your post is absolute garbage.
The Gimp
Reserves

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 pm

The Gimp wrote:
Armytank wrote:Word is that Birdwood have a meeting tonight with the league and they are taking a QC with them. Do they intend on bullying the HFL into allowing them to stay in Central?

Better go back to your source and tell him to get his hand off it - your post is absolute garbage.

You are the only one arguing with all these posters. Doesn't sound like garbage to me. Pull your head out of the sand and realise Country Div is where you are going. You are not much of an advocate for your club.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Armytank » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:18 pm

well tell us the truth Gimp , I am actually trying to get some sensible discussion going here, you seem to be just blowing everything off with some sort of childish retort.

I am not looking to wind you up, this is what I have heard.

I will try again.

Birdwood go to Country

Lobethal go to Country

TV do not come to Central

Central is 11 team comp in 2011

Which one of these is Birdwoods stance?
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Birdwood to go to Country would be the stance of 19 of the HFL's 20 clubs. Drag it to a court room and Birdwood will fail and lose thousands in court costs. QC or no QC, the governing body will be ordered to make the final decision that being the HFL. Birdwood will also lose a lot of respect if they take it this extreme.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Interested » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:54 am

The Gimp wrote:
Armytank wrote:Do you really think everything else that was written (and you failed to quote) is utter crap?

If you want to read my thoughts, just scroll through the entire thread and you will get them. You can't have sensible discussion on here when the other clubs don't care like it's been mentioned. As long as you're club isn't in the gun, you couldn't give two ***** - and that's half the problem.

The whole relegation issue highlights the point we are a delagate run association. Clubs will always vote in there best interests. Which ever club was sent down is going to be upset and know one else would of cared because it doesn't effect there club.
Interested
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy