Relegation in the HFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Relegation in the HFL

Postby Afterthesiren » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:35 pm

So how did Birdwood go with the HFL? Are threats of legal action going to be enough to keep them in Central Div. I hope not, the HFL will set an ugly precedent if they give in to this. Rules are rules Birdwood, everyone accepted them at the start of the season. Looks pathetic when you don't accept them at the end of the season. Don't complain they weren't clear, all clubs agreed on the process before the season started. 19 other clubs aren't wrong.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby rock » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 am

Spoke to a mate of mine yesterday who is tied up with Birdwood. He said Birdwood are pursuing legal action against the HFL in an attempt to stay in Central Div. He's played a lot of footy for the club and doesn't know which div they will be playing in next year. He's hasn't been happy there this year along with some other talented A grade players who have had a gutful with all this uncertainty. Thanks Birdwood, looks like these boys will be coming to my club in a neighbouring league.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

I've heard some very good money has been offered to several Birdwood boys to play in the South East.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby rock » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:I've heard some very good money has been offered to several Birdwood boys to play in the South East.

Which club ATS?
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:27 pm

rock wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:I've heard some very good money has been offered to several Birdwood boys to play in the South East.

Which club ATS?

Not sure I'm allowed to say mate. Its in the Kowrie/Naracoorte League. Big money has come into a particular club out that way.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Smackhead » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Why would a south east club bother poaching players from a team that finished practically bottom and is getting relegated.
Smackhead
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Smackhead wrote:Why would a south east club bother poaching players from a team that finished practically bottom and is getting relegated.

There are a couple of quality players amongst them.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby lebron » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
Smackhead wrote:Why would a south east club bother poaching players from a team that finished practically bottom and is getting relegated.

There are a couple of quality players amongst them.

Any further news re this, players and teams?
lebron
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm

I was informed of an email today sent to all clubs within the HFL from the Birdwood FC. I understand their disappointment in being relegated but to continue to push for an 11 team Central comp in 2011 is ridiculous. The draw for 2011 has already been formatted and it looks good, a nice even 10 team comp. Unfortunately the HFL board didn't have the balls to put this matter to bed sooner giving Birdwood some hope of remaining in Central. All the clubs have already voted on this matter and I'm sure all clubs will be disappointed if they have to go through it all again. Time for the Birdwood people to accept one club has to be relegated and unfortunately it's you. Yes, the constitution reads badly but I'll point out one more time, all clubs were aware before the season started relegation was in and the system in place. All clubs agreed. Go back to Country, win a flag and come back up like any other club would do.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Smackhead » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:24 pm

ATS your ignorance is astounding. You act all high and mighty knowing your club is not the one being relegated. But you know damn well your club would do the exactly the same as birdwood if in it's situation. Your only kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
Smackhead
Mini-League

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Talk about beating a dead horse Smackhead, this has been done to death. Accept the result and go down. By the way clubs have been relegated in the past and haven't carried on like this. Sure they weren't happy but they accepted the decision and moved on. Now move on.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Armytank » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:41 am

Smackhead wrote:ATS your ignorance is astounding. You act all high and mighty knowing your club is not the one being relegated. But you know damn well your club would do the exactly the same as birdwood if in it's situation. Your only kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Um, no, any other club that has been put back to div 2 in recent history has copped it on the chin and got on with it.

Ironbank was in your position in 97, went back to div 2 to play in 4 straight A grade GF's to win 2 of them and 3 out of 4 B grade GF's to win 2 of them and pushed their way back to div 1.

You guys are (or were) building a tight knit club with a positive future, don't bring all that undone by acting like a bunch of petulant peanuts.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby McGovern » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Armytank wrote:Word is that Birdwood have a meeting tonight with the league and they are taking a QC with them. Do they intend on bullying the HFL into allowing them to stay in Central?

This is going to get out of hand once again if the league don't just put their foot down and tell the clubs how it is going to be.

As if Birdwood could afford a QC!
Footy for free
McGovern
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Banker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm

bump...

So whats happening in 2012? Lets say Birdwood do make the GF in Country Divand apply to play Central Div.

Who goes down?

can someone post the club ladder?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:59 am

Banker wrote:bump...

So whats happening in 2012? Lets say Birdwood do make the GF in Country Divand apply to play Central Div.

Who goes down?

Sorry can't post a full ladder, but it would be between TV and Bridgewater.

A TV - 5 Wins B/W - 0 Wins
B TV - 1 Win B/W - 1 Win
17 TV - 1 Wins B/W - 5 Wins
15 TV - 2 Wins B/W - 9 Wins
13 TV - 1 Win B/W - 6 ins

So TV have won 10 in total, Bridgewater 21.

But the scores are weighted towards the A's so unsure where this leaves it.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Gervais » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 am

Bat Pad wrote:
Banker wrote:bump...

Who goes down?

Sorry can't post a full ladder, but it would be between TV and Bridgewater.

A TV - 5 Wins B/W - 0 Wins
B TV - 1 Win B/W - 1 Win
17 TV - 1 Wins B/W - 5 Wins
15 TV - 2 Wins B/W - 9 Wins
13 TV - 1 Win B/W - 6 ins

So TV have won 10 in total, Bridgewater 21.

But the scores are weighted towards the A's so unsure where this leaves it.

interesting. bridgewater junior colts also have a couple of draws which are also taken into account. im not sure exactly what points system is used but it must be close.

not sure what the hfl are thinking at the moment and will have to wait to see what bridwoods intentions are next year.
its the old question of whether your club is better being a big fish in a small pond or not.

i think the tv in central expreriment has been ok for the a-grade (5 wins is not too bad) but for the rest of the club its been a tragedy. expect a lot of tv junior players and parents to move on next year if they stay in central. theres only so many times you can watch your kids lose games by 30-40 goals.
Gervais
Under 16s

Postby The Gimp » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 am

Currently TV are on 34 points and Bridgewater are on 33. With two rounds remaining, I don't think TV will have another win in any grade and I think Bridgy will only have one more win in the JC against Onkas this week which will give them 2 points and put TV in place to get relegated.

Lot of pressure on the Bridgewater JC's this week to keep the club in Central Div.

That's if one of the country div grand finalists want to go up...................
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:10 pm

The Gimp wrote:Currently TV are on 34 points and Bridgewater are on 33. With two rounds remaining, I don't think TV will have another win in any grade and I think Bridgy will only have one more win in the JC against Onkas this week which will give them 2 points and put TV in place to get relegated.

Lot of pressure on the Bridgewater JC's this week to keep the club in Central Div.

That's if one of the country div grand finalists want to go up...................

I would think TV will want to go down regardless. Bridgewater may want to as well though.

I would think if this is the case, Birdwood will be given the option of returning to Central regardless should they want it.

Perhaps there will be 9 and 11 team comps (as there was for a while in the 00's) next year.

Honestly think that this should occur, with Callington relegated to C Grade. 9 and 10 teams comps.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Gimp » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Bat Pad wrote:
The Gimp wrote:Currently TV are on 34 points and Bridgewater are on 33. With two rounds remaining, I don't think TV will have another win in any grade and I think Bridgy will only have one more win in the JC against Onkas this week which will give them 2 points and put TV in place to get relegated.

I would think TV will want to go down regardless. Bridgewater may want to as well though.

I would think if this is the case, Birdwood will be given the option of returning to Central regardless should they want it.

Perhaps there will be 9 and 11 team comps (as there was for a while in the 00's) next year.

Honestly think that this should occur, with Callington relegated to C Grade. 9 and 10 teams comps.

I'll go one step further.
Div 1
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Blackwood
Ironbank
Onkas
Hahndorf
Mt Lofty
Lobethal

Div 2
Echunga
Birdwood
TV
Kersbrook
Gumeracha
Bridgewater
Meadows
Nairne Bremer
Kangarilla

Div 3 / C grade
Macclesfield
Sedan/Cambrai
Callington
Milang
Cornerstone
Blackwood
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Ironbank
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Bat Pad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 pm

The Gimp wrote:
Bat Pad wrote:

I'll go one step further.
Div 1
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Blackwood
Ironbank
Onkas
Hahndorf
Mt Lofty
Lobethal

Div 2
Echunga
Birdwood
TV
Kersbrook
Gumeracha
Bridgewater
Meadows
Nairne Bremer
Kangarilla

Div 3 / C grade
Macclesfield
Sedan/Cambrai
Callington
Milang
Cornerstone
Blackwood
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Ironbank

Looks Ok except I think 8 teams is too small for the top div. 5 making finals and 3 missing out doesnt seem right to me (And I dont like the final 4 system). Birdwood top div, Maccy div 2.

Hahndorf have had a lot of injuries in their B's (and a few in the A's) which affected their C grade numbers so they had to pull out.

Worse comes to worse they can play a merged C's with say Onkas, in a comp with some sides A grade it should be more ridgy didge and easier to get numbers, especially if they play on Saturdays.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy