Kowree-Naracorte

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Kowree-Naracorte

Postby giffo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:20 pm

Can anyone fill me in on the league down there. The results don't make the Mail and I want to keep up with how Naracorte (and in particular James Dixon as I used to work with him) are going.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby magpie in the 80's » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:31 pm

go to http://www.countryfooty.com.au they should have the scores there :D
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Kowree-Naracorte

Postby GWW » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:03 pm

giffo wrote:Can anyone fill me in on the league down there. The results don't make the Mail and I want to keep up with how Naracorte (and in particular James Dixon as I used to work with him) are going.

Yes that country footy website is handy, and the best way to go.

A few things i know about that league:

Jim West playing at Keith this year, he must be nearly 40 now. Has still kicked several bags of goals this year.

Naracoorte in contention for the flag (they were runner up to Lucindale last year). Lucindale would be the team to beat again this year with ex Port Magpies players Nigel Fiegert, Nathan McDowall, and Phil Smith. The only current Naracoorte player i'm familiar with is ex Glenelg forward Sam Logan (brother of Port rookie player Tom).

Other clubs in contention for a top 3 finish and the flag are Mundulla who are traditionally always competitive and Kingston who has a gun full forward (Cooper).
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:05 pm

giffo wrote:Can anyone fill me in on the league down there. The results don't make the Mail and I want to keep up with how Naracorte (and in particular James Dixon as I used to work with him) are going.

The Tiser had them in on Monday, but then again I only see the Country edition.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:04 pm

GWW wrote: Lucindale would be the team to beat again this year with ex Port Magpies players Nigel Fiegert, Nathan McDowall, and Phil Smith.

I think this team also includes former Magpie and one time Power listed player Steve Brosnan.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby steiger » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:13 am

Being an ex Keith lad, it's great to see them up near the top of the ladder and in contention. It's been many years since the club was a powerhouse in the old Tatiara league.
Saw a game early in the year and big Jim West was great kicking 7 i think it was. He looked a picture and and his frame I reckon was a fair bit lighter that it was in his league heyday.
Follow the results keenly in Monday's Advertiser and would think that Lucindale, Keith and Kingston are the top chances for the flag. Prepared to say not this year for Mundulla (at my peril I know- what a sensational record they have)

If not Keith Iv'e got a big soft spot for Kingston whom I played for in 1971 - an eternity ago

See Buzz McDowall is often mentuioned in the best players list for Lucindale as he should cos he can play
steiger
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy