Inter-League Pre-Season Carnival

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Inter-League Pre-Season Carnival

Postby 7-Dog » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Talking with our committee, our club is interested in running a pre-season carnival and would like to see if there is any interest from other teams/leagues.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
7-Dog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Re: Inter-League Pre-Season Carnival

Postby 7-Dog » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Updating:

Have had a PM from a member here, showing interest. Amateur team, looking for a bonding session with their players as well as a good hit out. Our league is described as being equivalent to Div 3, and the team showing interest will fit in nicely.

Any other teams looking for something different?
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby 7-Dog » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Our club has gone ahead and booked the Quorn Oval for the 9th of April. We are very keen to get teams involved.
Our plan thus far is to run the competition in the form of the AFL Round 1 Pre-season fixture, with maybe a tweak or 2.

We have made phone contact with a club's coach tonight and he is interested in our concept. We have a few more club's on our radar at the moment. If you think your club would be keen, we will do the ground work.
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby Cella Dwella » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:09 pm

I will ask around to see if there is any interest here. You dont seem to be getting many (or any) responses on here !! Maybe the reputation as a king hitting, spitting team over the years has spread far and wide! (Has taken some pressure off as us!!) ;)
Aslo, what is the AFL Preseason fixture you mentioned?
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:03 am

Using the time allocated for the AFL games.

Match 1: Team A vs Team B @ 2:15pm

Match 2: Team B vs Team C @ 3:20pm

Match 3: Team A vs Team C @ 4:25pm

To get more out of the games this is where I think a tweak or 2 would be required.
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby Pag » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:10 am

I'm not sure how much interest you'll get from clubs down here in town, Quorn is a long way to go for a couple of little round-robin games?
Last edited by Pag on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby piccachu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:17 am

How far away if it?
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am

Pag wrote:I'm not sure how muich interest you'll get from clubs down here in town, Quorn is a long way to go for a couple of little round-robin games?

True, but there is more time in the day to add more teams/games.
As mentioned above with the team we contacted, we have said we are willing to travel there on the 2nd of April for a weekend away and possibly they recipricate with coming back the following week.

If it was to get up and running, we would be more than happy to continue running the competition. Or let another team host it the following year and we'll be the 1st team there.

If the comp doesn't get going, then we will still be looking for a team from another league to come for the weekend and then include either the reserves or the U/18's (or all)
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:20 am

piccachu wrote:How far away if it?

Quorn is 30 minutes from Port Augusta (3 hours from Adelaide) in the Flinders Ranges.
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 am

There is the Loxton Carnival in the Riverland (if it's still running?!?)
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:There is the Loxton Carnival in the Riverland (if it's still running?!?)

I noticed that someone had asked about that just over a month ago and no one replied.
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:43 pm

One of our club members have gone ahead and organised the food and beverages ready for the 9th of April.

We also have a 2nd team excited about the concept and the coach has booked his teams spot. I won't name the club until it is given thge green light from the club officials, but I am confident that we currently have 2 teams ready to compete.

Contact has been made with numerous other teams. If you think your club may be interested, PM your clubs main contact and I will do the leg work.
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Seagull wrote:
7-Dog wrote:One of our club members have gone ahead and organised the food and beverages ready for the 9th of April.
We also have a 2nd team excited about the concept and the coach has booked his teams spot. I won't name the club until it is given thge green light from the club officials, but I am confident that we currently have 2 teams ready to compete.

Contact has been made with numerous other teams. If you think your club may be interested, PM your clubs main contact and I will do the leg work.

The majority of leagues would have either started or start on this date surely. Might be flogging a dead horse on the 9th April. The Loxton carnival date is still "up in the air".
Wanted to have third weekend in March but that's Clipsal so they're unsure now. Better hurry up or they'll miss out too!

That does limit who I can look at. Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately even if we were 100% go for Loxton, it wouldn't benefit us playing that early as we don't start until 30th April.
7-Dog
Reserves

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:05 am

Seagull wrote:
7-Dog wrote:One of our club members have gone ahead and organised the food and beverages ready for the 9th of April.

The majority of leagues would have either started or start on this date surely. Might be flogging a dead horse on the 9th April. The Loxton carnival date is still "up in the air".
Wanted to have third weekend in March but that's Clipsal so they're unsure now. Better hurry up or they'll miss out too!

Found this post about the loxton carnival
2010 Loxton Carnival Update

Preparation for the 2010 Carnival to be held in Loxton this year, on the 27th and 28th March, is well under way.
I will attempt to answer some common queries with this update.

FRIDAY NIGHT All teams are encouraged to travel up Friday night if possible. Anyone who wishes to get an early start is welcome on Friday night. Our Clubrooms are open from 5.00 pm Bar etc and our kitchen provides teas from 6-8pm Fridays. If a team wishes to come for tea then by pre booking the kitchen will stay open for them. It does not cost any more to stay on Friday night.

ACCOMODATION Loxton has 2 ( two caravan parks ). The RIVERFRONT CARAVAN PARK and the Town Caravan Park. The Loxton Football Club have booked out the “Town” Caravan park adjacent to our ovals. You do not have to book here, just find a space and roll out your sleeping bag. All visiting players, officials, family etc are invited to stay there, in camping style. Ie bring your sleeping bag. This area is fully lawned, has toilets and showers, electricity to sites etc and is very close ( 200 metres ) to our Club.
Your $125.00 registration fee, and $5.00 entrance fee also covers this accommodation. Ie as many people from each club can stay at this park for no charge. If people want to stay at a hotel, B&Bs, the Riverfront Caravan Park, backpackers etc they can. It will just cost them more. If any team wants different accommodation – and is having trouble finding it – please ring me and I will find it for you. Other accommodation is available at : The Loxton Hotel Motel, Ph 1800 656 686, ask for Katina. Rooms are $80,90, or 100. At 3 players per room that is $33.00 per player. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the oval.
Loxton Backpackers/Harvest Trail Lodge Ph 85845646
Loxton Riverfront Caravan Park ( Cabins ) Ph 85847862
We strongly urge as many people from visiting teams to stay at the park adjacent to the Oval and be right in the action and atmosphere. The weather is usually very good at this time of year and while the nights can be a little cool the days are fine. Visiting officials and supporters can also take advantage of the many B & B ‘s in Loxton and surrounding Districts.
Some of these are: Harvest Cottage Ph 85844729
Mill Cottage Ph 0439 866990
Thiele’s Ph 0402 837012
Or contact the Loxton Tourist office on Ph 85847919 or 85848071

http://es-es.facebook.com/topic.php?uid ... opic=12954
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby 7-Dog » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:24 am

Cheers for the info, is there going to be one in 2011?
7-Dog
Reserves

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy