Pre-season carnival proposal

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Pre-season carnival proposal

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 pm

How would a pre-season carnival go where the premiers in each country league or association played against each other in some sort of round robin carnival over two weekends in early March? A bit of thought, a bit of planning, suck a sponsor into it and it might get enough awareness to promote bush footy statewide.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Re: Pre-season carnival proposal

Postby 7-Dog » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I proposed the same type of thing.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30901

In saying that, we have a competiton on the 9th April with South Augusta, Central Augusta, Lions (Pirie) & Orroroo.
20/20 format in-line with the AFL's 1st week NAB Cup. Only difference, we get an extra game.

We are hosting it at Quorn and will try and make it an annual event. At this stage, we aren't playing for anything.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
7-Dog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

7-Dog wrote:I proposed the same type of thing.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30901

In saying that, we have a competiton on the 9th April with South Augusta, Central Augusta, Lions (Pirie) & Orroroo.
20/20 format in-line with the AFL's 1st week NAB Cup. Only difference, we get an extra game.

We are hosting it at Quorn and will try and make it an annual event. At this stage, we aren't playing for anything.

Yeah Dog I hope to be there to have a look at that. Had lunch at the Trans today in fact! But my idea was to induce the other leagues to show off their premiership side and put it up against other premiers.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 pm

yeah I see the light now...having looked at the posts on your suggestion Dog.
My idea sort of roughly embraces SGL, NAFA, YPFL perhaps playing at Port Broughton. NEFL, APFL, BLGFL playing at Balaklava or in the Barossa, Southern Leagues, Hills etc playing somewhere central down there and so on. Then in week two when you have eliminated the losers you'd play the winners off at a convenient location. Winner takes all and could be crowned SA country footy champion of champions along the lines of lawn bowls where club champions play off for the association and eventually Zone championship.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy