2011 Hills Football League C-Grade discussion

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

2011 Hills Football League C-Grade discussion

Postby CK » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:43 pm

My old mates at Milang are squaring up again in this competition, so thought it would be a good chance for the C-graders of the Hills to be able to chat in this thread. Fire up and fire away :)
Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: 2011 Hills Football League C-Grade discussion

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:05 am

It'd be good to see Milang build up the numbers to eventually create an A & B grade. Strath have got plenty of kids coming through to feed from.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Kickittometoo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Good to see C Grade discussion Spider. I saw a few games at Mt Barker last year and it's fair dinkum footy, good standard and it's free. May head down to the lake for a kick and catch sometime. Are they into pre-season, if so what time?
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Justquietly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Lofty's looking for players, so unsure if they'll apply. If anyone's keen let me know.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Hear the roar » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Good to see there's a C Grade site now. Let's try to raise the profile of C Grade footy and respect the place it has in the HFL Comp. It seems to me to be a great way to keep grassroots footy alive. It allows clubs with too many players to still offer those not selected in A's and B's a competitive game every week. It also provides for Country clubs which may not want, or may struggle to field two seniors sides each week.
Looking forward to lively discussions here! Season apparently starts in just over 2 weeks.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Armytank » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 am

C grade starts Sunday the 10th of April, a triple header down at Milang.

14 rounds for the year with 2 byes gives 12 games plus semi finals and the GF.

Should be a good comp! :D
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Kickittometoo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 am

Armytank wrote:C grade starts Sunday the 10th of April, a triple header down at Milang.

14 rounds for the year with 2 byes gives 12 games plus semi finals and the GF.

Should be a good comp! :D

Cheers for that info mate. I'm told it's a surprisingly good comp. Was thinking of pulling the boots on for C's. - might head down there to see if I'm up to it! Anyone know if you still need a clearance if you've played in Seniors in Hills Central over 4 years ago?
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Plenty on the track tonight at Milang with 10 days until C's are underway.

Teams this year:- Ironbank, Mt. Barker, Uraidla, Milang, Blackwood, Mt. Lofty and Hahndorf.
Out from last year:- Onka Valley and Torrens Valley
In this year:- Mt. Lofty and Blackwood

Good to see the Panthers are the only side beyond Div 1. willing to have a go.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 pm

All good at Pantherland. Full side for the triple-header at Milang this Sunday with the oval in premium condition. How are other 'C' sides shaping up? Should be a great year and a great comp.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Banker » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:10 am

Believe it or not, Ironbank C grade had a trial match last friday night vs Flinders Uni Hall Sharks!
Apparently some even missed out on a game hey Armytank ;)
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Hear the roar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Banker wrote:Believe it or not, Ironbank C grade had a trial match last friday night vs Flinders Uni Hall Sharks!

What was the score Banker? Looking forward to a good hit-out with you guys. You can keep the fog though. Just checked Sporting Pulse for the location and it doesn't respond to Country 'C's.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby cripple » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Banker wrote:Believe it or not, Ironbank C grade had a trial match last friday night vs Flinders Uni Hall Sharks!

things must have moved on since my times in the c's at ironbank if they are playing trials, heading back this weekend so thinking i might need to catch some c grade action if circumstances permit. what do you reckon banker???
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Very ordinary form on the part of Mt Barker in forfeiting the opening C Grade game against Milang. How is it that a town a hundred times bigger can't even field three teams when Milang can make the effort to field one? Weak effort boys.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Very ordinary form on the part of Mt Barker in forfeiting the opening C Grade game against Milang. How is it that a town a hundred times bigger can't even field three teams when Milang can make the effort to field one? Weak effort boys.

Word out of Mt Barker is that numbers have dwindled on the track after details of the amount paid players were getting were left on a table for all to see. Apparently $1500 a game each for Fisher and Block have caused rifts amongst the playing group. I guess they don't wanna pay subs and see their money go straight into the pockets of those two.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:22 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:Very ordinary form on the part of Mt Barker in forfeiting the opening C Grade game against Milang. How is it that a town a hundred times bigger can't even field three teams when Milang can make the effort to field one? Weak effort boys.

Word out of Mt Barker is that numbers have dwindled on the track after details of the amount paid players were getting were left on a table for all to see. Apparently $1500 a game each for Fisher and Block have caused rifts amongst the playing group. I guess they don't wanna pay subs and see their money go straight into the pockets of those two.

No surprises in that case. No-one is worth $1500 a game in HFL. I wouldn't want subs in their pockets either. It's a shame keen players from both sides missed out in a good comp where no $ changes hands.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Armytank » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks go to the Milang guys for putting on a good day yesterday, pity they didn't get to play. I really don't understand why people don't like going down there, great oval, pretty good weather even when it rains and it really isn't that far from Mt Barker. I for one love the place and hope we can get the full triple header for them in round 8.

Does not bode well for the comp when 2 teams forfeit round 1. I know we will struggle for numbers this week but I am confident we can put a team together, anything to get these young blokes more games of footy.
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Jailbird » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Armytank wrote:Thanks go to the Milang guys for putting on a good day yesterday, pity they didn't get to play. I really don't understand why people don't like going down there, great oval, pretty good weather even when it rains and it really isn't that far from Mt Barker. I for one love the place and hope we can get the full triple header for them in round 8.

Does not bode well for the comp when 2 teams forfeit round 1. I know we will struggle for numbers this week but I am confident we can put a team together, anything to get these young blokes more games of footy.

Mt Barker wanted to field a side but only had 12 committed for this week and no trainers available. All the players were keen but with 6 long term injuries of minimum 4-6 weeks in the seniors and a wedding on sunday there was no way we were able to field a full team with out playing more B graders (against the rules) and only 1 u17 wanted to play.
Playing Milang on their ground is always a good game and we look forward to it, just remember the last game last season, best game of C grade most of those blokes have ever played, including myself.
We want to play but it was just one of those weeks we are unable to. We will have enough to have a run about on friday night.
Jailbird
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Hear the roar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Jailbird wrote:
Armytank wrote:Thanks go to the Milang guys for putting on a good day yesterday, pity they didn't get to play. I really don't understand why people don't like going down there, great oval, pretty good weather even when it rains and it really isn't that far from Mt Barker. I for one love the place and hope we can get the full triple header for them in round 8.

Mt Barker wanted to field a side but only had 12 committed for this week and no trainers available. All the players were keen but with 6 long term injuries of minimum 4-6 weeks in the seniors and a wedding on sunday there was no way we were able to field a full team with out playing more B graders (against the rules) and only 1 u17 wanted to play.
Playing Milang on their ground is always a good game and we look forward to it, just remember the last game last season, best game of C grade most of those blokes have ever played, including myself.
We want to play but it was just one of those weeks we are unable to. We will have enough to have a run about on friday night.

Cheers for making the effort to clarify that JB. Will look forward to our next meet. I do indeed recall the last game last season, what a good day!.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby C Grader » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:37 pm

The Cabbage Cutters were pretty devo not to be playing on Sunday. We've had plenty out on the track and for the most part we all enjoy the trek down to Milang, awesome oval, few pubs on the way home and they put on a pretty good show down there. Whats the go with Hahndorf, was it a one off forfeit?
C Grader
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Bat Pad » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm

C Grader wrote:The Cabbage Cutters were pretty devo not to be playing on Sunday. We've had plenty out on the track and for the most part we all enjoy the trek down to Milang, awesome oval, few pubs on the way home and they put on a pretty good show down there. Whats the go with Hahndorf, was it a one off forfeit?

Yes would expect it to be a one off, just couldnt get enough blokes who were able to head all the way down to Milang on a Sunday.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy