2011 Hills Football League C-Grade discussion

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: 2011 Hills Football League C-Grade discussion

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Bertie Beetle wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:Blackwood defeated Milang by 9 goals - Afew undiscipline acts by some of the Milang boys today put a sour-note on a game which was of a pretty good standard.

Yep agreed BB. The offending boys know that and have accepted the consequences. It won't happen again. An otherwise good standard game. Poor kicking cost the Panthers a potentially close contest. Good crowd and an excellent day out.

ahh thats good to know, no-one likes to see that happen during a footy game. Seems like the whole town turned out to watch you there today. When you kicked the 2 goals in the last quarter it was good to hear alot cheering and of car-horns beeping even-though i was on the other team. a great atmosphere. but I would suggest to the HFL starting the game 30-minutes earlier so that its not dark at the end.[/quote]

Could hardly see the ball in the last few minutes. Starting triple-header day games at 11.30 would work best. Always enjoy playing you boys, good you respect the C Grade culture, it's a comp worth following. Don't think we play you again this year. Bummer, we would've liked another go.
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

Postby Justquietly » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:23 am

Bertie Beetle wrote:results from 5/6/11 @ Milang

Uraidla defeated Hahndorf by like 15 goals

Mt Lofty defeated Ironbank by 4 goals
Blackwood defeated Milang by 9 goals - Afew undiscipline acts by some of the Milang boys today put a sour-note on a game which was of a pretty good standard.

Bit generous there, BB. Lofty won by a lazy 10.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Another round, another forfeit. What a joke. Lofty won't get a game tonight from what I've heard as Hahndorf have pulled the pin. So there's just the one game at IB tonight.

Has any team forfeited when they have had the home game? I doubt it as it loses too much in bar/canteen sales.

Maybe home ground clubs that have other clubs forfeit on their home game should have the right to claim the forfeiting club's next home game as thier own so that they don't lose the revenue.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Archer11 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Another round, another forfeit. What a joke. Lofty won't get a game tonight from what I've heard as Hahndorf have pulled the pin. So there's just the one game at IB tonight.

Has any team forfeited when they have had the home game? I doubt it as it loses too much in bar/canteen sales.

Maybe home ground clubs that have other clubs forfeit on their home game should have the right to claim the forfeiting club's next home game as thier own so that they don't lose the revenue.

There is obviously problems with retaining players over a long period of time (C Graders that is). They are C Graders for a reason, they struggle with committment because of age and maybe work and also club injuries. It may be a time when the excess players that you have go and help out the struggling Hills clubs eg Callington, Sedan/Cambrai etc on a permit only basis!!
Archer11

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Banker » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Another round, another forfeit. What a joke. Lofty won't get a game tonight from what I've heard as Hahndorf have pulled the pin. So there's just the one game at IB tonight.

I heard today from some of the Handorf players that they're pulling the plug for the rest of the season in the C's...
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Hear the roar » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Banker wrote:

I heard today from some of the Handorf players that they're pulling the plug for the rest of the season in the C's...

How totally inexcusable and pathetic. As I see it, it's due to poor management, rather than player issues when clubs pull the pin after nominating. It highlights the disrespect some 'top tier' HFL clubs have for the game. I trust Hahndorf won't be hosting the double-header scheduled for round 12. It hopefully serves as a good reminder to fringe players at those clubs to look elsewhere.
Bad luck to the Lofty boys who missed out on a game in an otherwise excellent comp. Like you, we make a big effort to field a competitive side every week. Will be interesting now to see how yet another amended program unfolds.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Hear the roar » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

NB On another note Banker, can you put the lights on anyway when there's a 6.30 forfeit? We were benchless and minus a head trainer at the opening bounce because all were looking for oval lights in fog and diabolical roads. Good game though; always played in great spirit. A couple of moves we made late might have made it interesting if made in the first quarter.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Urailda over Milang by 2 goals. The lead see-sawed all day with a goal or less the difference throughout. Played on a perfect surface in warm sunshine in front of a great crowd. Good to see the Uri boys at the bar afterwards; country footy at its' best. 'C' Grade is alive and well! Shame the HFL has to squash it with unrealistic ideas.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Armytank » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 pm

If I have read the ladder correctly the Milang v Hahndorf could be match of the round this week at Urailda. Miliang have a greater percentage and with a win over Hahndorf they could find themselves playing finals!
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Hear the roar » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Armytank wrote:If I have read the ladder correctly the Milang v Hahndorf could be match of the round this week at Urailda. Miliang have a greater percentage and with a win over Hahndorf they could find themselves playing finals!

It could and should have been. However, the mighty Hahndorf have officially pulled out of the comp, as predicted, so the Panthers don't get the game we were primed for after last week's huge effort against Uraidla. I think the whole situation stinks of arrogance and leaves one wondering if they had concerns about being beaten by a side full of small-town locals.

From our end, we're grateful to be in the finals because it guarantees us an extra game.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Any C grade results from today?
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Justquietly » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 am

Afterthesiren wrote:Any C grade results from today?

We beat uris by about 5 goals.
i think Blackwood did IB in the earlier game by 10 goals.
**** me the wind at Uraidla was nuts!
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Milang v Mt. Lofty and Uraidla v Ironbank. Should be a huge Friday night of footy. All clubs involved for the right reasons so a great night out to watch C's at their best.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Kickittometoo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Milang v Mt. Lofty and Uraidla v Ironbank. Should be a huge Friday night of footy. All clubs involved for the right reasons so a great night out to watch C's at their best.

Where are the games htr? Are they still at Hahndorf, surely not as those dudes dont deserve to host after their weak effort in pulling out of Cs.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Banker » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Both at Ironbank:

6:30 PM
Fri 15/Jul Ironbank C vs Uraidla C Ironbank Oval (Map)

8:00 PM
Fri 15/Jul Milang C vs Mt Lofty Ironbank Oval (Map)
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Banker wrote:Both at Ironbank:

6:30 PM
Fri 15/Jul Ironbank C vs Uraidla C Ironbank Oval (Map)

8:00 PM
Fri 15/Jul Milang C vs Mt Lofty Ironbank Oval (Map)

Yep Roger that Banker. Will set out early with fog lights on. 8)
Hear the roar
Rookie

2011 Hills Football League C-Grade discussion

Postby cripple » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Good to know. Will defintely head up for a look.
cripple
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Hear the roar » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Finals at Milang on Sunday. Lofty v Ironbank at 12.30, Milang v Uraidla at 2pm. The boys are fired-up at Panther Park. Last meeting Uri's by just 14 points. Fielding a much improved side this outing and anything can happen in finals. Well worth a look 8)
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:35 pm

C Grade finals today:- Mt. Lofty defeated Ironbank, not sure of the margin

Uraidla defeated Milang by 3 straight goals. A high standard, hard-fought game throughout and played in great spirit. The Panthers kicked 3 goals in the last 12 minutes. Let's hope "C" Grade is allowed to remain the great comp that it is in 2012.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby kickittome » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Finals at Milang on Sunday. Lofty v Ironbank at 12.30, Milang v Uraidla at 2pm. The boys are fired-up at Panther Park. Last meeting Uri's by just 14 points. Fielding a much improved side this outing and anything can happen in finals. Well worth a look 8)

Went and had a look at the c grade finals first time seen a footy game at milang and a hills c grade game for that matter, thoroughly enjoyed it. Great oval and good crowd with lots of cheering for the local milang boys. The standard was surprisingly okay not too many overweight players running around either.
Mt lofty got up over ironbank by 2-3 goals in a tight contest. Was surprised to see the 2002 mail medalist from strath michael cook running around still under the packs dishing the hands out, he kicked the sealing goal 40 metre left foot hack on the flank dribbled thru for a goal.
In the other game Milang v Uraidla, uraidla were up by a goal at 3 qtr time. Were up by 3 goals half way thru the last when i left think uraidla still would have won? Milang just missed 1 or 2 more fit runners around the ground. Also got crucified by a soft 2 goal play after pushing a player in the back after he kicked a goal, got a second shot in the 2nd qtr. Milang can hold there heads high had a real crack. Hopefully they get even better with more players next year!
kickittome
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy