Best Current Country Player

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Best Current Country Player

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 pm

silicone skyline wrote:
heater31 wrote:
BJ Ernest wrote:How bout Les Pearson? Young and a super player!!!

I notice SS has gone a bit quiet on this subject don't you rate the bloke SS ;) ;)

He has a very hot girlfriend so he must do something very well. :lol:

Yeah I'd tap that. :lol: :lol:
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby Saint » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Malcolm Greenwood
Saint
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Its a rediculous thread, it should be titled best country player that didnt make or was unable or unwilling to commit to holding down a position at a league club or higher. The best country players are currently the one's playing in the SANFL system.

That said I think Alex Kennedy from Tanunda, Malcolm Greenwood from Tanunda would be very close given the level of the BLG Assoc in comparison to other country leagues
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby been there done that » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:Its a rediculous thread, it should be titled best country player that didnt make or was unable or unwilling to commit to holding down a position at a league club or higher. The best country players are currently the one's playing in the SANFL system.

That said I think Alex Kennedy from Tanunda, Malcolm Greenwood from Tanunda would be very close given the level of the BLG Assoc in comparison to other country leagues

Agree some of the league clubs would not be as competative if it werent for for country born players
been there done that
Rookie

Postby Grape Ape » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Ben Baxter Willunga
10 A grade Premierships
2 Mail Medals
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Hear a lot about Brad Haskett from Willunga
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Grape Ape » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:09 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:Hear a lot about Brad Haskett from Willunga

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Scotty Bamford.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby ftandsq » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:28 pm

From Hills League:
Rob Clothier (uraidla) was a dead set gun
David Murphy (mt Barker) been the best rover in comp for 15 years
ftandsq

Postby 7-Dog » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Matt Keatley (Central Augusta) is now playing at Waybacks in Port Lincoln. 2 Madigan Medals & 1 Lincoln medal & runner up twice, once in SGL & this year down Lincoln.
Many, many other good footballers in Country SA.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
7-Dog
Reserves

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Free Kick For » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 am

Joel Montgomerie and Tyson Wait very very good country footballers.
Free Kick For

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Scott Feltus.. i hear blokes cant wait for him to retire so they can have a chance to stand out :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby stun72 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:17 pm

If playing in an A-grade Premiership and a SANFL Premiership in the same year count for anything Jason Sutherland would have to be a contender.
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Zipper » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Saint wrote:Billy Bawden Mt Lofty, absolultey killed us in 2007 GF probably best ruckman goin round atm

Have to agree. That guy was a freak. I believe he was on the Swans list at some stage.
Zipper
Rookie

Postby wal65 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Ryan Darling
wal65
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Blood N Tars » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:50 pm

7-Dog wrote:Matt Keatley (Central Augusta) is now playing at Waybacks in Port Lincoln. 2 Madigan Medals & 1 Lincoln medal & runner up twice, once in SGL & this year down Lincoln.

I'm with 7-Dog, Matt Keatley is one of the finest to play SGL in recent years, Young Patrick Byron-Boles may also be a champ of the future. Don't right yourself off either, If we are talking about best current player, you won the Madigan last year.
Blood N Tars
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Cella Dwella » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Blood N Tars wrote:
7-Dog wrote:Matt Keatley (Central Augusta) is now playing at Waybacks in Port Lincoln. 2 Madigan Medals & 1 Lincoln medal & runner up twice, once in SGL & this year down Lincoln.

I'm with 7-Dog, Matt Keatley is one of the finest to play SGL in recent years, Young Patrick Byron-Boles may also be a champ of the future. Don't right yourself off either, If we are talking about best current player, you won the Madigan last year.

No offence but I think 7 Dog himself would agree that he is not in the same league as these players. Even Matt Peek won a medal on one occasion. Good players can win a medal in the right year etc but very good players are those that are always up there. That is not a go at the Dog( good player indeed) ... Annoys me too that a medal seems to be ranked higher than 3 or 4 best and fairests in a strong team and mutiple association games. I have yet to start a record like this- still a zero in all above areas!
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Blood N Tars » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:52 am

Cella Dwella wrote:
Blood N Tars wrote:

No offence but I think 7 Dog himself would agree that he is not in the same league as these players. Even Matt Peek won a medal on one occasion. Good players can win a medal in the right year etc but very good players are those that are always up there. That is not a go at the Dog( good player indeed) ... Annoys me too that a medal seems to be ranked higher than 3 or 4 best and fairests in a strong team and mutiple association games. I have yet to start a record like this- still a zero in all above areas!

My comment about 7 Dog was alittle tounge in cheek, I agree with your comments 100%. Would you rate Tee as "one of the greats"? won 3 madigans, and then there is Fuller, won 2 medals over the hills playing for Southern Flinders and also has a Madigan, great player but wouldn't consider him the best around
Blood N Tars
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby 7-Dog » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:09 am

Blood N Tars wrote:
Cella Dwella wrote:
Blood N Tars wrote:

My comment about 7 Dog was alittle tounge in cheek, I agree with your comments 100%. Would you rate Tee as "one of the greats"? won 3 madigans, and then there is Fuller, won 2 medals over the hills playing for Southern Flinders and also has a Madigan, great player but wouldn't consider him the best around

I also agree 100%. Love the mentions though :D . Well I may a bit biased to my old mate, but Peter Jackson is the best ruckman I have played with or against (even though he never got back to his best from the Wolves days and his knees), Anderson from Ports in the early 2000's was another I respected alot.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
7-Dog
Reserves

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy