SA Country Championships - Port Pire July 9/10

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: SA Country Championships - Port Pire July 9/10

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

Sky Pilot wrote:The finals series are about to start and Pirie is freezing cold. Although I have no proof I'm told there's a few players still driving the porcelain bus after some interesting party tricks around the town earlier this morning. The wooden spoon is up for grabs between Northern Zone and Central at 10am, then comes Eastern and Southern for third or fourth from 11.45 then the GF between Mid South East and Western at 1.30pm.
Good luck boys...

I went over in 2009, would not surprise me in the least... One player dropped back to the team motel by the constabulary... :lol:
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 am

Media Park wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:The finals series are about to start and Pirie is freezing cold. Although I have no proof I'm told there's a few players still driving the porcelain bus after some interesting party tricks around the town earlier this morning. The wooden spoon is up for grabs between Northern Zone and Central at 10am, then comes Eastern and Southern for third or fourth from 11.45 then the GF between Mid South East and Western at 1.30pm.
Good luck boys...

I went over in 2009, would not surprise me in the least... One player dropped back to the team motel by the constabulary... :lol:

Yeah in 2009 I was standing at the NZ coaches box when the players ran out onto the field on Sunday morning and while they were out there doing their warm-ups someone said where is "so and so" and as I looked up he came through the gate and got about two metres inside the boundary when he stopped leant over and had a big chunder. A team mate later said this guy had only arrived back at the motel at 6am.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 am

I reckon the MSE and WZ lads would have been a little bit more respectable lasty tho!
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 am

Media Park wrote:I reckon the MSE and WZ lads would have been a little bit more respectable lasty tho!

Oh yeah they were on a curfew allright! The WZ lads didn't expect to be there in the gf and had planned a big night last night but those plans were shelved very quickly.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Northern 9.14.68 def Central 6.6.42
Southern 10.8.68 def Eastern 9.2.56
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Sporting Pulse has
Western 6.5
Murray South East 2.2

HALF TIME
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Media Park wrote:http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=123355951&c=1-7249-0-184272-0&pool=1001

Western Zone wins
WZ 9.8
MSE 4.7

Youd be sweet with that MP?
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:09 pm

I've been saying for the last week that they'd be playing off for last place... :oops:

So yeah, I'll claim it... :D
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Media Park wrote:I've been saying for the last week that they'd be playing off for last place... :oops:

So yeah, I'll claim it... :D

Just as well Matt Keatley or was it Jimmy Pedlar? spotted up the interchange gaffe by Southern that cost them the game on Saturday or you blokes wouldn't have made it through I suspect
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Anywhere we can find the team of the carnival?
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Alaska » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Media Park wrote:Anywhere we can find the team of the carnival?

Down the Pub?
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Waterboy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
200 Killer Wasps wrote:Just read on Sporting Pulse that Western easily accounted for Southern Districts in the first game.

However at the bottom of the page it says: Southern Districts lost score for 19 players on field.

Southern were 9 pts up with three minutes to go and because they had 19 players on the field, their score was taken away from them and they kicked 2 points in those last three minutes, hence their score of 0-2

Speaking to a trainer who was at the game he said that it happened straight after half time. At the first bounce one of the southern players realised that there were too many on the ground and ran for the interchange. Western saw him and called for the count. Player was off the ground when the count was called, but went back on when asked by the umpires and was included. Western were awarded a free kick in the goalsquare and Southern had their score zeroed (from 5-1), but the scoreboard wasn't corrected until after the game.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Cella Dwella » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Waterboy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
200 Killer Wasps wrote:Just read on Sporting Pulse that Western easily accounted for Southern Districts in the first game.

However at the bottom of the page it says: Southern Districts lost score for 19 players on field.

Southern were 9 pts up with three minutes to go and because they had 19 players on the field, their score was taken away from them and they kicked 2 points in those last three minutes, hence their score of 0-2

Speaking to a trainer who was at the game he said that it happened straight after half time. At the first bounce one of the southern players realised that there were too many on the ground and ran for the interchange. Western saw him and called for the count. Player was off the ground when the count was called, but went back on when asked by the umpires and was included. Western were awarded a free kick in the goalsquare and Southern had their score zeroed (from 5-1), but the scoreboard wasn't corrected until after the game.

I got there just after that happened and got the same story. When there is no interference like that I think its poor form and against the spirit of the carnival. What do others out there think?
PS Thats if I got the real story .If it was well into it - different.
Cella Dwella
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby best on hill » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:31 am

Cella Dwella wrote:
Waterboy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

I got there just after that happened and got the same story. When there is no interference like that I think its poor form and against the spirit of the carnival. What do others out there think?
PS Thats if I got the real story .If it was well into it - different.

all said and done you are only allowed to have 18 players on the ground
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby shags » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:08 am

Waterboy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

it was about 5 minutes in and the ball had been in southerns forward several times and the western backs couldnt work out why they were one defender short,at first thought they were playing loose man in there 50..until a player had a quick count and told the captain,as soon as southern heard the call for a count a player sprinted for the bench and was then called back out for the head count.
shags
Mini-League

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:46 am

Anyone got access to the team of the carnival list? :roll:
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 am

I expected something in my email today...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I expected something in my email today...

Yeah me too. I just emailed sanfl HQ so we'll see what happens
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 pm

My email to the CFB this morning pleading for details of the awards handed out in Pirie yesterday and the team of the carnival has fallen of deaf ears or paralysed typing fingers. Life must be pretty tough in the bowels of Footy Park.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy