Zac auricht (Pin) 21
Daniel Thiele (Kar) 18
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby GWW » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:02 pm

Mid South East Medal won by Kanie Bell of Tantanoola, played junior footy with Glenelg, and i think a handful of league games as well. 2nd was Tim Stringer also of Tant, recruited from Western Border League.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:17 pm

Great Flinders count today and as reported by Another Grub in the EP thread, Jay Shannon from Tumby Bay has won at the age of 16. This kid should go places as long as it doesn't go to his head. Minor placings to Simon and George Pedler (don't know what order)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:51 am

Riverland medal night tonight:

I predict a Shane Clonan win.
Others in the faves would be Jamahl Liddle, Cohen Thiele (Lox), Paul Wood (Lox N), Damien Stevens, Matt Oliver (Waik), Brett Exelby (Ren).

In the Independents - Steve Rover (East Murray), Todd Rivers (Paringa), 47 year old Tom Graetz (Moorook), Russ Charles (Brown's Well) and Darrell Tilbrook, John Vagg (Cobdogla), Sam Mitchell (Lyrup)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:35 pm

No Wunkar players in your top choices Dogwatcher. I have heard that quite a few Independent club's rate Nick Allen's chances very highly.

Bad luck on the weekend, did Tom get chaired of after the game or is he back again next year.

Daniel Lee from Rudall won the Eastern Eyre medal yesterday from Cowell's 16 year old ruckman Tim Walsh, (remember his name, already being compared to Sean Rehn).

Rudall finished bottom with one win, I guess that say's if your good enough you can win it on your own despite how your team performs.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:00 pm

Not to say I don't rate Nick - as I think he's a class act at this level, but I don't think the umpires would know who he is. Not a flashy type, doesn't say that much and hasn't been in the comp that long (so doesn't bring a reputation from the RFL).

Probably the closest I could come up with from Wunkar at this point would be Bulla - who plays the same way every year and is consistent, but never polls.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:06 pm

Cheers for the thoughts re our game.

We weren't good enough. Achieved well just to be that far.
They kicked eight in the first with a strong breeze at their back.
We managed six in the second, but their four against the breeze killed off our chances.
They've got some formidable height right across the ground and lots of run.
A lot of people tipping them to knock off Cobby - which would delight so many.
Also it'd be great for Hucksy - who deserves a flag.
He kicked a great goal on the weekend too and was BOG

Tom and Scads refused to be chaired off the ground.

I hope Tom comes back next year - he'd be great in a forward pocket. I don't think he could play another season like this one.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:14 am

Shane Clonan won the Whillas Medal for the Riverland's best player.
He polled 21 votes to be seven ahead of youngsters Scott Lewis (Loxton North), who returned to the Panthers from West Adelaide half way through the season, and Loxton tyro Cohen Thiele (a nephew of Tony Modra - I think???).
Clonan's win makes up for two seasons ago when he polled the most votes - but had been suspended during the season.

In the Independents Paringa's Todd Rivers took out the award. Polling five best on grounds to collect 16 votes and be three ahead of joint runners-up Rob McLean (Moorook-Kingston) and Adrian Abdulla Jnr (Lyrup).

The Riverland B grade medal went to Darren Warren for the second year in a row.

And the colts medal to Travis Hyde of Waikerie.

The Independent Colts medal was won by Kenneth Dixon from East Murray.

The Riverland's best first year player was Berri's Kale Reed, while the equivalent Independent award was won by Lyrup's Adrian Abdulla Junior.
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby PPLions » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:54 pm

Ray McIntosh won the medal in Whyalla last night.

In Spencer Gulf, Solomontown Ruckman Craig Tee won his third Madigan Medal in a row, which is a good effort in light of the fact that the Cats did not make the Finals.
Matt Keatley from Central Augusta (who tied with Tee last year) came second (one vote behind)
And West's Adam Zubrinich was third.
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Brad » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:16 pm

BMW won all the medals in each grade in Northern Areas.

A Grade - Lions midfielder Simon George walked off with the A grade Mail medal, polling 20 votes made up of five first preferences, two seconds and a third to finish two votes ahead of runner-up Broughton-Mundoora ruckman Matt Gale who snatched five first preferences and three thirds. Eagle centreman Aaron Wanders, who was one of several pre-count favourites finished third with 16. Rounding out the top eight performers were Jamestown-Peterborough ruckman Scott Mesecke (11) Craig Young (Crystal Brook) and Jason Degabriele (Broughton-Mundoora) each on 10 and Brodie O'Dea (Orroroo) and Greg Fiebig (BMW) each on nine. By club, BMW picked up 66 votes, Broughton-Mundoora 56, Crystal Brook 51, Orroroo 46, Southern Flinders 39 and Jamestown-Peterborough 30.

B Grade - Meanwhile, the B grade was a two-way affair with joint winners Matt Mead (Jamestown-Peterborough) and Noel 'Grievous' Arthur (BMW) equalising on 14 votes.
Crystal Brook pair Andrew Waters and Ben Hook were next with 12, then came Jed Sutter (Jamestown-Peterborough) with 11 and Andrew Kuerschner (Orroroo) and Damien Page (Crystal Brook) both on 10

Senior Colts - BMW's Casey McCallum took the senior colts medal with 17 votes, one in front of Broughton-Mundoora's Nick Hewett (16). Close by were Sam Heinjus (Crystal Brook) 15, Liam O'Dea (Orroroo) 14, Eamon Fetherstonhaugh (BMW) 12, Joseph Slattery (Crystal Brook) and Jamie Davidson (Southern Flinders) each on 11.

Junior Colts - It was yet another tight finish in the junior colts, which was won by BMW's Kieran Borgas with 29 votes from Ben Kupsch (Crystal Brook) 28, George Doran (Jamestown-Peterborough) 22, Thomas George (BMW) 21, Jed Walter (BMW) 19, Jack Coleman (Jamestown-Peterborough) 18 and Russell Srsan (Southern Flinders) 16.
Brad
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Has anyone been to a Mail Medal dinner and had Jaspar Feldstad present on behalf of the Sunday Mail?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Justquietly » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:30 pm

As i thought, Treszinski from Lofty, together with Klun from Onkas (didn't pick the tie though)!
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy