Ironbank B grade chat.

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby The Indian » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:43 am

TDU, Those names probably would make a difference in the A-grade, didnt know there quite that many. Oh well, good luck for the thunder B's in finals.
I just hope this exercise doesnt come back to bite them in the ass next year when they try and recruit blokes. The facilities aren't great, the A grade results aren't great, are blokes gunna come to the club on the back of a finals berth for a B-grade side?? Can the rookies see the light at the end of the tunnel, or will they move on to greener pastures??
Bring on Finals Footy!!!!! Thats what its all about!
The Indian
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby Silky skills » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:45 pm

Here here, Indian, amen to that
Silky skills
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby best hands in the hills » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:59 pm

these are not a grade quality players. some of these blokes would be struggling for a spot in any other clubs b grade let alone a's. the only reason they may have played some a grade football is due to ironbanks position on the ladder.....last. shut up with your nonsense silky and get over it.
best hands in the hills
Mini-League

Postby past forward » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:00 pm

Thunder Down Under wrote:Ok Past Forward here we go..............J Harley, J Irwin, R Bretag, D McLean, K Roberts, T Schmidt, A Bishop, S Harding all good enough for A Grade. Throw in Sodomka and Chris Naughton for good measure. Thats 10.

The point I have been trying to make is that if the A Grade had the benefit of some of these players in games against Lobethal, Hahndorf and this week against Blackwood it would have given a bit more depth to the team and possibly a win.

Of course PS is enjoying his football in the B Grade, dominating in fact just like he used to in the A Grade. He is a very classy player, albeit a little slower, but wouldn't it be nice to see him helping out the young rookies in the A Grade ?

ok TDU.

J Harley- B grade footballer- skills need 2 improve to becoming an A grader. Did play some games but is a b grade player, J Irwin, T Scmidt, S harding. These players are all in the same boat. DID play A grade games.. But are not neccessarily A grade quality players, tell me... how many of these players got in the BEST 5 in A grade? I dont recall seeing their names...

Also, How many of those guys are dominating B grade football??

D. Mclean has played the majority of the year in B grade.. had a couple of "early" A grade games but you cant tell me he was dropped late in the season for B GRADE come on. Sodomka is a class act, no doubt and is definatley worthy of A grade with his current form.. BUT he doesnt seem to want to play A grade at the moment, so hes making the decisions not coaches there.

Naughton.. certainly a great player and rookie of Ironbank, but has just come back to football after the whole season.. straight into the A grade you think, possibly.. but why not ease him back through the B grade. in my opinion that is just the luck of the draw for Ironbanks B grade.

Everyones opinion is different, but I think there isnt so much "stacking" happening in the team but players who have been used in the A grade occassionally that are genuinely B graders returning to the team. I shall be interested to hear what you have to say TDU
past forward
Mini-League

Postby Winger » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:37 pm

Indian - Light at the end of the tunnell shines bright... Majority will 100% stick it out... one may try his luck down at Glenelg and one whos been ravaged by hamstring injuries may move on to Strathalbyn... That would be it! These guys just want to play footy with each other......AT IRONBANK.

And shutup Silky.. You made this thread for us to talk bout Ironbank so we are. If you don't want to why do you continue to read it and post.
Winger
Mini-League

Postby straight shooter » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:02 pm

past forward I have never read such crap. Just ask you couple of things. How can three blokes who missed B grade selection last week make the A grade on same day? Has the IBFC picked best side for A's if not why not.
straight shooter

Postby past forward » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:56 pm

straight shooter wrote:past forward I have never read such crap. Just ask you couple of things. How can three blokes who missed B grade selection last week make the A grade on same day? Has the IBFC picked best side for A's if not why not.

well SS, i ask you this... Why not salvage something from the B grade year when clearly the A grade arent going to make the finals?
And that is why IBFC havent picked the best side the A Grade. They are trying 2 get their team focussed and steady for the finals and moving players between the teams will disrupt their preparation.
past forward
Mini-League

Postby Cheap Kicks » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:19 pm

Interesting views on the whole saga. In my opinion I dont believe Ironbank are doing anything wrong. Stacking the B grade? Come on guys!!

TDU, out of the players you have listed only 4 of them are what I would call A grade players. As for the rest of them I agree with Past Forward, They are not really A grade quality players (be that skills or physically), a few are on their way but still not quite there.

Sodomka, Naughton, Bretag and McLean are all very capable players, however as past forward said there are some reasons for why they are playing B grade. Firstly Naughton, He has just come back from a serious injury as stated and should be handled with care. As far as I can tell he is lucky to be playing at all this year. By playing in the B's it can give him some much needed confidence for next year. McLean is one of the older guys now and has taken a back seat so that some younger kids can come through and develope as they will be the future of Ironbank. As for Sodomka and Bretag, like any team there are rules. If you dont abide by these rules (ie come to training) then you dont play in the top side. Simple as that.

Finaly, Indian - good point about recruiting next year. This could be a problem. We will just have to wait and see. As for the rookies, from what I hear they have a very strong bond and this year could very well give them an even stronger will to succeed. All going well In a few years Ironbank could be right up there as a team to beat (In all grades).
Cheap Kicks
Mini-League

Postby Thunder Down Under » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:15 am

Cheap Kicks if there are 4 of them as you say then why didn't they play in the A Grade last week instead of the 3 players who could not make the B Grade side that sat on the bench.

Also if you know the so called rules tell me how a player played in the A Grade but had never ever been seen at the club ?

Oh by the way PF Best for the B grade last week, Sodomka, Bretag, Schmidt and Naughton. Would those 4 have been of any benefit coming off the bench in the A Grade when they lost to Hahndorf recently by a small margin.
Thunder Down Under
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Cheap Kicks » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:06 pm

Thunder Down Under :-s Don't you read? I already explained why they did not play! As for the three who didn't get a B grade game I agree it does look a bit sus. however there are only really four capable A grade players in the B grade and they are not playing due to reasons I have already explained, so go back and have a read! Therefore, why at the detriment of the B grade pick a guy who has played the last few weeks in B's when you are going to get little or no more benefit then picking someone who has just been missing out? Yes Schmidt did get into the best players last week however he has been struggling physically all year. I don't believe his body would stand up to the increased intensity of A grade footy yet.

As for the team rules. Yes I agree, I didn't like the player just walking into a game without being seen before. Mistake on Ironbanks behalf! But that was at the start of the year and is all over now. That player has not been seen in at least a month. This is one area I believe Ironbank will need to improve on next year if they want to be competitive.
Cheap Kicks
Mini-League

Postby past forward » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:16 pm

Cheap Kicks...at last, someone who can look past the word "STACKING"
I also agree, some serious changes need to be made in place of certain players training regimes. And I have a feeling things will pick up and be very strict next year. There are positives for the A grade being given the wooden spoon i believe, it has given the players an insight of what the expectations are of a top 5 team & allowed the problems within the side to unfold. Therefore the team will be able to regroup next year and come out better then ever. Be prepared... Something is slowly brewing...
past forward
Mini-League

Postby The Indian » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:01 pm

Would be interested who's calling the shots up there at ironbank. I'd hope Gaz Cambell( a club ledgend) wasnt pulling rank and picking his strongest side for the B's, then letting poor Ex try and feild a competetive A-grade side with whats left. Not really an easy task for your first gig of coaching, tough effort playing aswell. Hope things turn around for him next year.
The Indian
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Postby straight shooter » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:32 pm

past forward. Has the cold air got to your scone? Are you saying collecting the wooden spoon has been good for the thunders. Perhaps the AFL seller dwellers the blues and dons would appreciate your same advice. Get on the phone to Sheeds. Fininhing bottom is the pits and if you think the players up that way need to finish bottom to learn what it takes it is going to be a long hard ride to the top. Bottom has not helped the boys from bridgey. Can you please explain your thinking. Am always willing to learn new tricks.
straight shooter

Postby thegossip » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:37 pm

ok we are all sitting here waiting for the b grade team for this week
thegossip

Postby past forward » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:05 pm

Indian- No, Gaz Campbell certainly isnt calling the shots to select his best side. It is most certainly discussed and Exelby does have first selection. Every Week.

Straight Shooter- thanks for the advice, i may wear a beanie next time at ironbank. oh, and lofty seem to have done it quite well wouldnt you say? from the bottom... to, well the top. Were not AFL teams mate, were HFL.. Some players may see quite a challange ahead- the challenge being to get off the bottom and make finals. And some wont, i guess we will have to wait and see what happens to really know?

ah. Also some of the players "eligible" for B grade finals metioned for Stacking, are playing A grade this week.. Interesting.

Im sure TDU will update you with a side.
past forward
Mini-League

Postby Winger » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:14 pm

The problem is you ask for explanations. They are given. Then you either don't read em fully or u make some sarcastic remark and ask for another explanation. How about you read what is written and if you don't agree ... then you don't agree.
Winger
Mini-League

Postby Cheap Kicks » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:09 am

Good call winger. Go back and read a little. If there are any new questions you have then shoot, if not, let it go.
Cheap Kicks
Mini-League

Postby Thunder Down Under » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:29 am

Past Forward if you know the team then please tell me the ins and outs for the A Grade.
Thunder Down Under
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby past forward » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Thunder Down Under wrote:Past Forward if you know the team then please tell me the ins and outs for the A Grade.

sorry mate, just recieved word that a few of your mentioned players were lining up in the A grade not the B's, just thought you might've been interested.. But no doubt you would have been there sinking down a couple of brews? sorry I couldnt make it for one with ya..maybe next week.
past forward
Mini-League

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Bring back Eades!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

PreviousNext