2012 HFL C Grade

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

2012 HFL C Grade

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm hearing C grade maybe re-named "Sunday Football" suggesting games will be played on Sunday. Just wondering what others think but from my clubs point of view Sunday football is the most difficult to organise.

a) Most players don't want to play Sunday particularly after going out saturday night and for those with families Sunday is usually set aside as a non football day after attending Saturdays football.

b) Volunteers regarding trainers, timekeepers, team manager, boundry and goal umpires are also hard to find particularly if they have already given up their time on Saturday.

If this was introduced I believe it would eventually die a slow death as it did in the SFL. The majority of games should be played on Friday night or Saturday night after the A grade. The odd game on Sunday at Milang and Uraidla is acceptable but this shouldn't happen week in week out.

Just a thought and wondering what others (particularly those involved in C grade) think???
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 2012 HFL C Grade

Postby Hear the roar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:I'm hearing C grade maybe re-named "Sunday Football" suggesting games will be played on Sunday. Just wondering what others think but from my clubs point of view Sunday football is the most difficult to organise.

a) Most players don't want to play Sunday particularly after going out saturday night and for those with families Sunday is usually set aside as a non football day after attending Saturdays football.

b) Volunteers regarding trainers, timekeepers, team manager, boundry and goal umpires are also hard to find particularly if they have already given up their time on Saturday.

If this was introduced I believe it would eventually die a slow death as it did in the SFL. The majority of games should be played on Friday night or Saturday night after the A grade. The odd game on Sunday at Milang and Uraidla is acceptable but this shouldn't happen week in week out.

I think we'd struggle in Pantherland if most games were played on a Sunday. Friday nights are easier for us as many of our local players work in Adelaide or the Hills so it isn't a special trip. The games are over in plenty of time for the young lads to start their week-end on a Friday night. The odd triple-header on a Sunday is fine a couple of times a year and it's a good reason for a family day out. Where'd you get your info from ATS?

Just a thought and wondering what others (particularly those involved in C grade) think???
Players win awards. Teams win games. Clubs win Premierships.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Milang

2012 Hills C Grade Discussion

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 pm

What's this I hear about Mt. Lofty fielding a full side and full bench against Ironbank on Sunday when the Thunderers had only 14-15 players? Sure this is a very strong comp with a touch of 'sheep station', but fair go. What happened exactly Armytank, Banker, anyone?
Hear the roar
Rookie

Re: 2012 Hills C Grade Discussion

Postby Spearhead » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Hear the roar wrote:What's this I hear about Mt. Lofty fielding a full side and full bench against Ironbank on Sunday when the Thunderers had only 14-15 players? Sure this is a very strong comp with a touch of 'sheep station', but fair go. What happened exactly Armytank, Banker, anyone?

Not quite true htr - it was agreed before the game that both teams would play 16. We did have a full bench (or extra as we had a full team) and did rotate (to let people play), which meant we were fresher, but didn't have a full team on the field.
We want Vaughn.
Spearhead
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Hear the roar » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Spearhead wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:What's this I hear about Mt. Lofty fielding a full side and full bench against Ironbank on Sunday when the Thunderers had only 14-15 players? Sure this is a very strong comp with a touch of 'sheep station', but fair go. What happened exactly Armytank, Banker, anyone?

Not quite true htr - it was agreed before the game that both teams would play 16. We did have a full bench (or extra as we had a full team) and did rotate (to let people play), which meant we were fresher, but didn't have a full team on the field.

Hmmmm......Did Ironbank have 16 though? I heard 15. Even if they did have 16, 22 players rotating against them seems a bit rude. Ironbank are no threat to you guys ladderwise; surely lending them a player or two wouldn't have hurt. We've done it. C Grade is certainly competitive, but let's not lose sight of the fact that it's there to ensure senior players get a game, not a hiding.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Kickittometoo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Hear the roar wrote:
Spearhead wrote:

Hmmmm......Did Ironbank have 16 though? I heard 15. Even if they did have 16, 22 players rotating against them seems a bit rude. Ironbank are no threat to you guys ladderwise; surely lending them a player or two wouldn't have hurt. We've done it. C Grade is certainly competitive, but let's not lose sight of the fact that it's there to ensure senior players get a game, not a hiding.

You have made a very good point htr. I have wanted to get out there meself and play Cs but not been able to for various reasons but have seen several games, very impressed by the standard and very good to see the clubs getting done most weeks still hanging in there. This is what Cs are all about. But by my terms you lend players where possible and Devils should have but of course not at the business end of season. Mt Lofty and Blackwood have run away, only threat is Milang, you must be pleased htr, have seen a few games and reckon you could roll them both on a good day but they are bigger clubs and will always find someone or something.
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Milang rolled top side Mt. Lofty today by a goal. A very hard fought contest with the Panthers ahead all day. High standard game in good conditions and well umpired. Hard to pick a best player, will be hard to beat next month.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Justquietly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:12 am

Hear the Roar - let's not get carried away. Your boys did NOT lead all day, trailled by 2 goals at one stage. Lofty are missing a few & lost 2 handy players during the game. One of them would have been in the best at half time.
HOWEVER, your boys were good, & I believe it's easy to pick at least ONE of your best - a guy with a shaved head (?) that seemed to patrol the back/halfback line & who's delivery was VERY good.
It was a better standard than I expected, a good game to watch.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Champ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Does the C'Grade play Saturdays or Sundays?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Smashed Crab » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Justquietly wrote:Hear the Roar - let's not get carried away. Your boys did NOT lead all day, trailled by 2 goals at one stage. Lofty are missing a few & lost 2 handy players during the game. One of them would have been in the best at half time.
HOWEVER, your boys were good, & I believe it's easy to pick at least ONE of your best - a guy with a shaved head (?) that seemed to patrol the back/halfback line & who's delivery was VERY good.
It was a better standard than I expected, a good game to watch.

Seems the Scudd's boys are handy additions to Milang. Can pour a beer and can play footy. Sounds like your describing James, left footer?
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Justquietly » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:55 pm

yeah mate, I reckon he was. Poise & accuracy.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Postby Hear the roar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 pm

C's are played mostly on Sundays with the odd Saturday or Friday night. The player described is indeed James Scudds and his bro is Sam. Both very handy players.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Droversdog » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Hear the roar wrote:Milang rolled top side Mt. Lofty today by a goal. A very hard fought contest with the Panthers ahead all day. High standard game in good conditions and well umpired. Hard to pick a best player, will be hard to beat next month.

Surprised it was hard to pick a best player. The very slightly built kid wearing a helmet demolished our midfield, he was everywhere.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Hear the roar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Good to see Milang chasing four in a row on Sunday. Heartening to see unpaid country lads coming from nowhere while not belonging in either Div One or Div Two.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Droversdog » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 am

Hear the roar wrote:Good to see Milang chasing four in a row on Sunday. Heartening to see unpaid country lads coming from nowhere while not belonging in either Div One or Div Two.

Good luck to you Htr and Panthers for a great season. For a bunch of local boys just wanting a kick you're a bloody hard side to beat. That says it all for the meaning of country footy, at last someone's got it right. Pity that spirit doesn't extend to Div 1 and Div 2. :?
Droversdog
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Hear the roar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Milang rolled the cabbages by 4-8 today. Good standard game, good crowd, well umpired and the ground was in top condition. End of the minor round and top 3 are Mt. Lofty, Blackwood and Milang. Let's hope this comp continues in its' present format next year, hopefully with the very welcome addition of Callington.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Kickittometoo » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 pm

What's the finals format and who plays who, and where is it played?
Watching MILFS while you play footy
Kickittometoo
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby kickittome » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Kickittometoo wrote:What's the finals format and who plays who, and where is it played?

Heard today that the 1st week of finals are at milang this sunday.
Blackwood have got the week off.
Uraidla v Ironbank 1pm
Mt Lofty v Milang 2.30pm
'Hear the roar' might be able to provide more info.
kickittome
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Hear the roar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 pm

kickittome wrote:
Kickittometoo wrote:What's the finals format and who plays who, and where is it played?

Heard today that the 1st week of finals are at milang this sunday.
Blackwood have got the week off.
Uraidla v Ironbank 1pm
Mt Lofty v Milang 2.30pm
'Hear the roar' might be able to provide more info.

Cheers boys. 1st week is as quoted. Loser of cabbages and bankers out. Winner of Devils v Panthers finishing 2nd, loser 3rd playing on Aug 3rd, winner of cabbages and bankers 4th.

Then all happens under the usual final 4 system as in SANFL.

Aug 3rd at Ironbank Friday night under lights. 2nd semi, then 1st semi, not sure of exact times.

Prelim final under lights at Heathfield on Fri Aug 10th., 7.30.

Grand Final at Blackwood on Aug 17th, also under lights at 7.30.

Will update as we go.
Hear the roar
Rookie

Postby Champ » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 am

Hi guys,
Can someone please confirm for me, does this competition play on Saturday's or Sunday's?

Also have you heard of the probability of up to three clubs joining your ranks next season?

Sorry if I've taken the shine of finals talk etc.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy