Points system - Country footy recruiting

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Points system - Country footy recruiting

Postby Yank Man » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Aussie Made wrote:My view is that the system does not promote participation. The system places restrictions on individuals who for whatever reason want to change clubs. How many players are being lost to the game and clubs by not allowing the individual the choice of where he can play. I have seen some above average players walk away from the game due to their personal choice being taken away from them. Most above average players would chose not to play if they were forced to play in a clubs reserves if they know they are better than that. We also end up seeing below average players playing league footy in their place when they are not up to it.

For the players who play for money, some of them use their abilities to supplement their income and in some instance it is their income, for most of the year. If playing for money is your job the player should have the right to pick which job/club he wishes to play for. If i had the choice of playing for a club offering $500 a game or be forced to play for a club that can fit me in with their points for $50 because that's what they can afford, I know what i would do. Its all about the players right to play for whom he chooses. No rule should restrict this.

PENALIZE THE CLUBS NOT THE PLAYERS

A lot of what you say is right AM but country clubs rely on imports, money kills our sport but when a club recruits a 3 point player and gives him 3 years loyalty and he becomes zero, he goes at 3 points. It is a very fine line and success will keep that player, losses won't. My advice is to recruit LONG term players, and the guys who want the bucks that you think will move on, don't sign them.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Aussie Made » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Aussie Made wrote:My view is that the system does not promote participation. The system places restrictions on individuals who for whatever reason want to change clubs. How many players are being lost to the game and clubs by not allowing the individual the choice of where he can play. I have seen some above average players walk away from the game due to their personal choice being taken away from them. Most above average players would chose not to play if they were forced to play in a clubs reserves if they know they are better than that. We also end up seeing below average players playing league footy in their place when they are not up to it.

For the players who play for money, some of them use their abilities to supplement their income and in some instance it is their income, for most of the year. If playing for money is your job the player should have the right to pick which job/club he wishes to play for. If i had the choice of playing for a club offering $500 a game or be forced to play for a club that can fit me in with their points for $50 because that's what they can afford, I know what i would do. Its all about the players right to play for whom he chooses. No rule should restrict this.

PENALIZE THE CLUBS NOT THE PLAYERS

A lot of what you say is right AM but country clubs rely on imports, money kills our sport but when a club recruits a 3 point player and gives him 3 years loyalty and he becomes zero, he goes at 3 points. It is a very fine line and success will keep that player, losses won't. My advice is to recruit LONG term players, and the guys who want the bucks that you think will move on, don't sign them.

I agree, Country Clubs have a difficult time trying to recruit the right players, no club wants to spend big $ on a dud especially when you only have a certain amount of points to get it right.

My point is that a player should have the choice.

If he has the choice he will elect to play for the club that suits him the best. The best run clubs usually have the best chance of recruiting players. Not all players take top dollar often they see something in a club or the players that they can relate to and the money is a bonus.
Aussie Made
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Heard today that the Player Points system will drop from 15 per club to ten next year. Anyone else heard this?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:Heard today that the Player Points system will drop from 15 per club to ten next year. Anyone else heard this?

Old news SP, thought you were a jounalist of the highest order ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Heres the link SP

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38887

yeah thanks. I was looking for something else.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38887

heard a whisper that the changes may have been canned on Saturday
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:42 pm

DARK KNIGHT wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38887

heard a whisper that the changes may have been canned on Saturday

Well I believe there is trouble at mill
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy