SA Country Championships Berri June 30 2012

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: SA Country Championships Berri June 30 2012

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:The zone that takes the least passengers to Berri will do well enough to finish second, which in real terms means that team will morally win it. Pre-carnival favourite Southern Zone cannot be taken seriously. They are a suburban outfit chosen from at last count 52+ clubs and are usually unbeatable. Ho hum for them!

Eastern won it a couple of years ago, so they must be beatable.
And didn't Western win it last year?

They did. When Southern got done for having too many players on the park
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 pm

OnSong wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:The zone that takes the least passengers to Berri will do well enough to finish second, which in real terms means that team will morally win it. Pre-carnival favourite Southern Zone cannot be taken seriously. They are a suburban outfit chosen from at last count 52+ clubs and are usually unbeatable. Ho hum for them!

That's right. Been a bit of that up our way lately OS.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby OnSong » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:

That's right. Been a bit of that up our way lately OS.

So I heard. And they still won! Ack!
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

southern won 2003,04,05,07,09 &10 central 2006, eastern in 08 & western in 2011
definatley beatable on song
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Southern Zone in its present format makes a mockery of the term "SA Country Football Championships". Since when did Morphett Vale or Brighton become country clubs. Mmmm, I think Brighton is in the Southern Football League but places like Reynella are, and they are hardly country any more than Gaza or Broadies would be. I really think the SANFL who love to go around backslapping themselves over everything that is football in this state should really take a look at this country championship series and make it just that - Country. Put the 'burbs into their own championships and leave us hayseeds alone.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:Southern Zone in its present format makes a mockery of the term "SA Country Football Championships". Since when did Morphett Vale or Brighton become country clubs. Mmmm, I think Brighton is in the Southern Football League but places like Reynella are, and they are hardly country any more than Gaza or Broadies would be. I really think the SANFL who love to go around backslapping themselves over everything that is football in this state should really take a look at this country championship series and make it just that - Country. Put the 'burbs into their own championships and leave us hayseeds alone.

SFL covers area from Aldinga to Morphetville Park.

the RMFL used to be in Southern along with Kangaroo Island. Both now have been reallocated to different zones yet the SFL is allowed to stay :?

perhaps justice was served to the Southern Zone last year as the player who was judged to be the extra man has played League footy and should know better.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:55 pm

heater31 wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:Southern Zone in its present format makes a mockery of the term "SA Country Football Championships". Since when did Morphett Vale or Brighton become country clubs. Mmmm, I think Brighton is in the Southern Football League but places like Reynella are, and they are hardly country any more than Gaza or Broadies would be. I really think the SANFL who love to go around backslapping themselves over everything that is football in this state should really take a look at this country championship series and make it just that - Country. Put the 'burbs into their own championships and leave us hayseeds alone.

SFL covers area from Aldinga to Morphetville Park.

the RMFL used to be in Southern along with Kangaroo Island. Both now have been reallocated to different zones yet the SFL is allowed to stay :?

perhaps justice was served to the Southern Zone last year as the player who was judged to be the extra man has played League footy and should know better.

Yeah I was on the boundary at Port Pirie when that unfortunate incident occurred. The interchange stewards dropped the ball or lost the plot and that was the championships for Southern. I know I am an outspoken critic of them but as far as a team goes I have to admit they look the part and they play super footy. Blokes like Josh Vick are guns. When Central beat them in 2006 at Berri the bus ride home was monumental. We stopped at Burra and all got maggotted when the publican threw on complimentary shooters and beer chasers. Paskey's Martin Daniel did a cute little number in the cage and some other guy did a Michael Buble impression that impressed all and sundry. I can't speak for anyone else but I took three or four days to recover. Coach Keith Nutt didn't surface on the family farm at Pekina for several days apparently.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Media Park » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 am

DARK KNIGHT wrote:southern won 2003,04,05,07,09 &10 central 2006, eastern in 08 & western in 2011
definatley beatable on song

As much as I am stoked by the Western Zone getting up, I remember a 19th-player-on-the-field saga which was responsible for one of their wins, when they were losing comfortably, and looking at about a fourth placed finish.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Poultry in Motion » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 am

Baron Greenback wrote:

Western did win it last year but some would say that was an immoral win. A questionable count at the start of a period was called if I recall which cost Southern the chance to contest the final. Would have to agree with Sky Pilot on their validity though. Then again the quality players in the Hills,Barossa,Great Southern and Murray comps are often city based players also so ??? Good luck to all players competing and well done for making yourselves available.
Poultry in Motion
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Of course what no one is talking about is the turn out at last Wednesday night's Northern Zone training session in Port Augusta. Darren Shillabeer, Matt Woolford (Port Augusta), Greg Phillips (Port Pirie), Ryan Foulis, Luke Kapitola, Dan Hill, Joel Palmer (Northern Areas) plus two more from either Whyalla or Roxby. All up nine players rocked up. Coach Duck Davies was absent also but they reckon he was crook. The squad also has some curious names - Tom Clark from Roxby has only played two games so ineligible actually and Ritchie Hobbs is on the way back from a broken ankle and yet to play a game (apparently?). Maybe some SGL or Whyalla blokes on here can elaborate.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby Killa » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Sky Pilot wrote:Of course what no one is talking about is the turn out at last Wednesday night's Northern Zone training session in Port Augusta. Darren Shillabeer, Matt Woolford (Port Augusta), Greg Phillips (Port Pirie), Ryan Foulis, Luke Kapitola, Dan Hill, Joel Palmer (Northern Areas) plus two more from either Whyalla or Roxby. All up nine players rocked up. Coach Duck Davies was absent also but they reckon he was crook. The squad also has some curious names - Tom Clark from Roxby has only played two games so ineligible actually and Ritchie Hobbs is on the way back from a broken ankle and yet to play a game (apparently?). Maybe some SGL or Whyalla blokes on here can elaborate.

similar turnout for sgl training hardly anyone rocking up. In the squad there are blokes who live in adelaide which makes it hard for them to get to training.
Killa
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Killa wrote:
Sky Pilot wrote:Of course what no one is talking about is the turn out at last Wednesday night's Northern Zone training session in Port Augusta. Darren Shillabeer, Matt Woolford (Port Augusta), Greg Phillips (Port Pirie), Ryan Foulis, Luke Kapitola, Dan Hill, Joel Palmer (Northern Areas) plus two more from either Whyalla or Roxby. All up nine players rocked up. Coach Duck Davies was absent also but they reckon he was crook. The squad also has some curious names - Tom Clark from Roxby has only played two games so ineligible actually and Ritchie Hobbs is on the way back from a broken ankle and yet to play a game (apparently?). Maybe some SGL or Whyalla blokes on here can elaborate.

similar turnout for sgl training hardly anyone rocking up. In the squad there are blokes who live in adelaide which makes it hard for them to get to training.

Yeah and its a joke to expect Broken Hill blokes to head to Port Augusta for a session! I thought more sgl blokes would have had the inclination to train though.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby fabio » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Think you will find Tom Clarke won the 2009 madigan medal for port pirie bulldogs. Hardly a curious inclusion into the squad.
fabio
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:39 pm

fabio wrote:

Think you will find Tom Clarke won the 2009 madigan medal for port pirie bulldogs. Hardly a curious inclusion into the squad.

Fabio I wasn't questioning the Clarksters ability. The qualification is that you have to have played three games for your home club before making the Zone team. One of his mates txtd me that Clark had only played two games so I went with that info.
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby fabio » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 pm

He was supposed to play this week but Clearance was denied up until then he would have been right to play which is why he was named
fabio
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 am

so are there going to be many posters at Berri this weekend?? I'll be working on the BBQ until 1pm Saturday and then I'll be sitting in front of the clubrooms for the rest of the arvo drinking a bottle of rum watching the footy.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am

Bum Crack wrote:so are there going to be many posters at Berri this weekend?? I'll be working on the BBQ until 1pm Saturday and then I'll be sitting in front of the clubrooms for the rest of the arvo drinking a bottle of rum watching the footy.

There was lots of "Landmark" posters at Balaklava a couple of weeks, I'm sure the sponsors will put a few up at Berri. ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:so are there going to be many posters at Berri this weekend?? I'll be working on the BBQ until 1pm Saturday and then I'll be sitting in front of the clubrooms for the rest of the arvo drinking a bottle of rum watching the footy.

There was lots of "Landmark" posters at Balaklava a couple of weeks, I'm sure the sponsors will put a few up at Berri. ;)

Don't give up your day job.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am

Bum Crack wrote:Don't give up your day job.

:(
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 pm

2012 MAC SA COUNTRY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The 2012 MAC South Australian Country Football Championships will be held in Berri this weekend (Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1).

Six combined zone teams will compete in the two-day event, which was won by Eyre Peninsula (formerly known as Western Zone) last year.

“We are delighted that once again the Motor Accident Commission has partnered the SA Community Football League for one of its most important events on the footy calendar,” SA Community Football Board chairman David Shipway said.

“As part of this year’s Championships, a MAC Road Safety seminar will be held to reiterate the important message of safety on our country roads.”

2012 PROGRAM

Qualifying Matches on Saturday, June 30 – Berri Oval

Murray South East v Central – 10am

Eyre Peninsula v Northern – 11.10am

Eastern v Central – 12.20pm

Northern v Southern Districts – 1.30pm

Eastern v Murray South East – 2.40pm

Eyre Peninsula v Southern Districts – 3.50pm

Finals Matches on Sunday, July 1 – Berri Oval

Third in Group One v Third in Group Two – 10am

Second in Group One v Second in Group Two – 11.45am

First in Group One v First in Group Two – 1.30pm

GROUP ONE

EYRE PENINSULA – Eastern Eyre FL, Far West FL, Great Flinders FL, Kangaroo Island FL, Mid West FL, Port Lincoln FL

NORTHERN – Broken Hill FL, Northern Areas FA, Spencer Gulf FL, Whyalla FL, Far North FL

SOUTHERN DISTRICTS – Great Southern FL, Southern FL

GROUP TWO

MURRAY SOUTH EAST – Kowree Naracoorte Tatiara FL, Mid South Eastern FL, River Murray FL, Western Border FL

CENTRAL – Adelaide Plains FL, Hills FL, Northern Eastern FL, Yorke Peninsula FL

EASTERN – Barossa, Light & Gawler FL, Mallee FL, Riverland FL
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy