APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Executive Member wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:It might help if some to the posters on this forum actually read the APPS it comes across that many do not know it's contents or the rules.

It was a hastily put together document full of holes and not well thought out.

Each league has it's own problems and unique situations and one fix does not suit all!!!!

Problems in the Hills league are different to those of the YPFL, GSFL & the SAAFL.

All the SAAFL is doing is getting a system that works for their league not the sh%t sandwich they were handed by the SACFL. Join or else was the ultimatium. With in weeks that many errors were found that the league and clubs are now addressing those issues for a better and fairer system.

D1res - D3 Res players now being worth pts is one of those. The only people to blame are the country clubs who throw huge amounts of money to fringe A Grade players. We are talking $400+ to unproven players

It has happened at our club and a country club selectively raided SHOC's fringe A grade & B Grade players at the end of 2011 who were worth 0 pts to the tune of 15 players.

It was done to stop the player drain.

All I am saying is that the system will work but not if it is flawed. It was brought in because no body could control the salary cap but it has only made it worse by bringing payments out into the open with now no ceiling

Well i hope all category 1 leagues that are equivalent to the SAAFL now band together and seek a 2 point rating for their reserves players. It will effect the SAAFL far more than the country associations.
It's a knee jerk reaction from the SAAFL who think they are way above every other comp in the state.
I think it would have sorted itself out eventually as the country clubs are now realising these guys are not up to it.

If the Leagues want to do it then go for it as not too many B Grade Country Footballers would play A Grade Football in the SAAFL

Plenty of BL&G ressies players would walk into A Grade at anything lower than Div 3.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby carey » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Big call Jim :shock:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 pm

carey wrote:Big call Jim :shock:

Why?
Ive seen many Div 4 A graders come into the comp and end up playing Ressies over the years.
Massive drop in standard below Div 3.
Watched a couple of Div 4 games last season and was surprised at how poor the standard was, expected better
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Maybe all those years of country clubs raping the SAAFL and paying ridiculous amounts in player payments has finally come home to roost.

The Country leagues have brought this on themselves.

It won't bite the SAAFL clubs in the backside. Trust me on this one.

Our league has some very progressive people running both the clubs & league and they will always seek out and get the best deal for our competition

It will bite the SAAFL clubs. The country leagues will now just focus on taking the very best players from Div 1 which won't be too hard as they are far better run organisations than any of the SAAFL clubs hence the reason why country leagues have more money to spend than SAAFL clubs.
Have it on good authority some closer country leagues are not happy with this and will also seek to have their reserves competitions allocated 2 points. It won't effect the top divisions but it will effect the lower divisions

You have got to be kidding yourself if you think that country clubs will take the very best from D1 clubs. You still have their pts to deal with being 3pts each. Wake up to yourself the days of the country raiding the city are over. Country clubs better run than any SAAFL clubs. Might against the lower grades but against the big clubs you have to be kidding.
Suggest you take a reality pill and realise that the party is over for you guys and get with the system.

As I said it will not bite us in the backside trust me I know more on this subject than you do!!!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Pag » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 pm

No reserves players from any league should be worth points.

If anything, this just gives country leagues more incentives to take SAAFL clubs best players. Why go for a fringe A Grader at 2 points, when you could get a genuine A Grade gun for 3?

Don't think this call needed to be made, don't think it helps anyone really.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby field of dreams » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm

SAAFL experts- where do the Div 1, 2 & 3 reserves comps sit in relation to D1, 2,3,4,5 etc?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Maybe all those years of country clubs raping the SAAFL and paying ridiculous amounts in player payments has finally come home to roost.

Our league has some very progressive people running both the clubs & league and they will always seek out and get the best deal for our competition

It will bite the SAAFL clubs. The country leagues will now just focus on taking the very best players from Div 1 which won't be too hard as they are far better run organisations than any of the SAAFL clubs hence the reason why country leagues have more money to spend than SAAFL clubs.
Have it on good authority some closer country leagues are not happy with this and will also seek to have their reserves competitions allocated 2 points. It won't effect the top divisions but it will effect the lower divisions

You have got to be kidding yourself if you think that country clubs will take the very best from D1 clubs. You still have their pts to deal with being 3pts each. Wake up to yourself the days of the country raiding the city are over. Country clubs better run than any SAAFL clubs. Might against the lower grades but against the big clubs you have to be kidding.
Suggest you take a reality pill and realise that the party is over for you guys and get with the system.

As I said it will not bite us in the backside trust me I know more on this subject than you do!!!!!!

We won't be able to recruit and pay reserves players anymore = more money for the guns.
Your arrogance is astonishing and its this arrogance that gives the hard working country clubs the edge over the so called "big clubs".
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Pag wrote:No reserves players from any league should be worth points.

If anything, this just gives country leagues more incentives to take SAAFL clubs best players. Why go for a fringe A Grader at 2 points, when you could get a genuine A Grade gun for 3?

Totally agree PAG
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Pag wrote:No reserves players from any league should be worth points.

Pag, the voice of reason.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

We won't be able to recruit and pay reserves players anymore = more money for the guns.
Your arrogance is astonishing and its this arrogance that gives the hard working country clubs the edge over the so called "big clubs".

Rocket knows more than everyone!
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:53 pm

At least I can count to 15 Shrek. Unlike your club!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:At least I can count to 15 Shrek. Unlike your club!!!!

You don't need to for C grade.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:08 pm

field of dreams wrote:SAAFL experts- where do the Div 1, 2 & 3 reserves comps sit in relation to D1, 2,3,4,5 etc?

We've been discussing this for years and believed a D5 side could beat a D1R side :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Spot on
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby On The Chest » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:47 am

Footy Chick wrote:
field of dreams wrote:SAAFL experts- where do the Div 1, 2 & 3 reserves comps sit in relation to D1, 2,3,4,5 etc?

We've been discussing this for years and believed a D5 side could beat a D1R side :lol:

Oh no!!! Please. Not this discussion again.
On The Chest
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:05 am

If country Leagues want to make B Grade players 0 points then go for it, I dont think it will matter one bit to any SAAFL club

Over 80% of SAAFL clubs play with 7 or less points each week and the fact that a B Grader from the country comes in as 2 and might play A Grade wont put to much pressure on a majority of clubs

The standard of Div1 & D2 B Grade would see the top 5 or 6 in the top 5 or 6 clubs play A Grade in most country Leagues, not superstars but would generally help a country club as a 12-21 type player

This year seen Sacred Heart's B Grade get picked off because they were worth 0, hence the request for the rule which was supported by country zones, as was the move for Hills Country players to now be worth 3 points

But to put into perspective I dont know any SAAFL Club that goes and targets a swag of B Grade players from a country club because they are worth 0 points
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 am

Jim05 wrote:Plenty of BL&G ressies players would walk into A Grade at anything lower than Div 3.

Agree with this completely. The BL&G league is one of the best if not the best in the state.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Champ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 am

This is a complete joke!

Firstly now the 'powers' that be have decided that a 'fringe A'Grader' who consistently misses out for whatever reason is a commodity! Are you bloody serious?! So if little johnny trains all pre-season, pays his fees, yoyo's in and out of A's before finally being dropped for finals etc can now NOT go anywhere he likes for more opportunity and an honest go at it?

Further more SAAFL clubs can pick up the same little johhny from any country club scott free?!

Bahahahah SAAFL you have done very well! I for one also like the fact you give EVERY side 15 points and say - do what you will with them. Great system!

The idiots making this crap up clearly do not do anything that would be considered due dilligence! A minimal consultation via a committee made up of a single member of other committees isn't exactly a transparent form of feedback.

Let's also not forget that the people who are making these rules up are all employed and paid to do so! So why the hell would they be relying on volunteers for accurate and timely feedback in order to make monumental decisions? Don't ALL clubs in SA pay good money to governing bodies? Shouldn't these fees be paid in confidence?

Enough from me, play on.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Champ wrote:This is a complete joke!

Firstly now the 'powers' that be have decided that a 'fringe A'Grader' who consistently misses out for whatever reason is a commodity! Are you bloody serious?! So if little johnny trains all pre-season, pays his fees, yoyo's in and out of A's before finally being dropped for finals etc can now NOT go anywhere he likes for more opportunity and an honest go at it?

Further more SAAFL clubs can pick up the same little johhny from any country club scott free?!

Bahahahah SAAFL you have done very well! I for one also like the fact you give EVERY side 15 points and say - do what you will with them. Great system!

The idiots making this crap up clearly do not do anything that would be considered due dilligence! A minimal consultation via a committee made up of a single member of other committees isn't exactly a transparent form of feedback.

Let's also not forget that the people who are making these rules up are all employed and paid to do so! So why the hell would they be relying on volunteers for accurate and timely feedback in order to make monumental decisions? Don't ALL clubs in SA pay good money to governing bodies? Shouldn't these fees be paid in confidence?

Enough from me, play on.

I dont think everyone involved in making the rules is emplyed by Football, you may need to re think that one Champ
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby Executive Member » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:14 am

Champ

Why do you think everyone playing on 15 points in the SAAFL is wrong???

With 7 individual grades withA A Grade teams with promotion and relegation each year not sure why you would be limiting points to give other sides extra, there is simply no need for it

Other than Div 1 & Div 7 where there are only 2 changes a year every other grade has 4 different clubs each year
Executive Member
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy