APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Postby RooShootOhh » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Pretty sure Barossa or Tanunda would beat Broadies by 10 goals.

South Gawler and Kapunda would also account for Broadview.
Does the arrogance that this Rocket scientist display's run through the whole club?
No wonder they have done nothing since the money tree was put 6ft under

Seldom right and wrong again.
And show some respect to the Late Trevor Thain you ingrate.
Since Trevor passed away

2 A grade Flags
2 C Grade Flags
2 U/18 Flags
5 SAAFL Medallists of which 2 were A grade
Financially sound (Something alot of country clubs can't say)

I think we are doing allright.

We never bother playing the BL&G clubs in trial matches as we want a competitive hit out not and easy 20 goal win over a pack of local yokels

Did you forget that one of your feats was completed by an ex-playing coach from Freeling that certainly didn't dominate the BLG....
:D :D

Yet the comps no good, your best player wasn't anywhere near the best in the comp he came from !
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Pretty sure Barossa or Tanunda would beat Broadies by 10 goals.

What have you been smoking Shrek, wouldn't even get close but would probably beat your pack of Spuds and we would still clean you up easy.

Just remember Shrek you were a member of the Kilburn side that copped the biggest ever belting from a Broadview side by 158pts.

Yep we stank that year. But loyalty means you stick out the tough times. Can say that even though we sucked, at least I played A grade footy unlike you, you hack.

I played in a different era to you Shrek. You were probably still in nappies when I was playing.

There were reasons why I didn't play A Grade If you knew then you might understand so until you know be careful who you call a hack
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Reason is you were a hack.

Edit: intellectual disability?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby UNCLE SAM » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:14 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

What have you been smoking Shrek, wouldn't even get close but would probably beat your pack of Spuds and we would still clean you up easy.

Just remember Shrek you were a member of the Kilburn side that copped the biggest ever belting from a Broadview side by 158pts.

Yep we stank that year. But loyalty means you stick out the tough times. Can say that even though we sucked, at least I played A grade footy unlike you, you hack.

I played in a different era to you Shrek. You were probably still in nappies when I was playing.

There were reasons why I didn't play A Grade If you knew then you might understand so until you know be careful who you call a hack

FOURTH ESTATE you are a wanker.The Might Tanunda Magpies would belt the shit out of Broadview, would be 10 times more financial, have 10 times better facilities ,10 times more sponsors and have 10 times more supporters than bloody Broadview.
You should get past Elizabeth and see the standard of country footy and then you would see that the top 4 teams in the BL&G would be very competitive in the SAAFL Div 1 comp.
If your Div 1 clubs only use 7 points why then allocate 15 to all clubs and make it a sliding scale like in the BLG.Hell we only get 3 points for the last 5 years and we still have 4 premierships to our name.
Sure the college clubs and those coming up maybe should get 15 but not all the rest.
What crap that Div 1 and Div 2 clubs don't pay big money you must think we are stupid out in the country.
I will personally organise a trial gam with Broadview next year against Tanunda and we will see how we compete you moron.
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Champ » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Executive Member wrote:Champ

Why do you think everyone playing on 15 points in the SAAFL is wrong???

With 7 individual grades withA A Grade teams with promotion and relegation each year not sure why you would be limiting points to give other sides extra, there is simply no need for it

Other than Div 1 & Div 7 where there are only 2 changes a year every other grade has 4 different clubs each year

Re-read my post; Im saying I support the SAAFL points system!
With regard to your previous post; I also stated that those who ARE employed are relying too heavily on the volunteers when they should be out doing their own due dilligence rather than waiting for it to come in and appear. Bottom line, the employed governing body is who should and does endorse the final say therefore they are responsible. Otherwise who and why are clubs paying registration fees to a league if no one is actually employed to make a decision?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey Fourth Estate, I see you convienently didnt answer what grade the so called A Grade premierships were won in?

So I'l ask again what has Broadview done since the cheque book stopped drawing breath?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:11 pm

D1 in 2004 after Trevor passed away and D2 in 2009

And once again show some respect to the great man!!!!!!!!! he may be gone but we go on.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby UNCLE SAM » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:D1 in 2004 after Trevor passed away and D2 in 2009

And once again show some respect to the great man!!!!!!!!! he may be gone but we go on.

When you start paying respect to the BLG comp then we may pay respect back
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby The Big Shrek » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Seriously though, Broadoies would account for Tanunda pretty easy but nothing to do with Rocket.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby The Little Master » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Victor in gsfl have signed a couple from Henley bs. Looks like rules are gettin ignored and they will by 0 points. How does this happen?
The Little Master
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 pm

The Little Master wrote:Victor in gsfl have signed a couple from Henley bs. Looks like rules are gettin ignored and they will by 0 points. How does this happen?

What do mean by ignored?????

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby The Little Master » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Standing there ground on the late rule change and treating them as zero. Will be interesting when paperwork is done.
The Little Master
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 pm

The Little Master wrote:Standing there ground on the late rule change and treating them as zero. Will be interesting when paperwork is done.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :butthead:
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 pm

The Little Master wrote:Standing there ground on the late rule change and treating them as zero. Will be interesting when paperwork is done.

Well it is up to the leagues to police it, so if the GSFL choose not to recognise it, good on them.

The way I understand it, the players only get allotted points if they move to clubs outside of the SAAFL, but are free to transfer to other clubs within SAAFL as 0 point players. Should be either adopted across the board or not at all.
Should also apply to B-Grade footballers transferring into the SAAFL, should not be all about protecting the precious old scholars bloc.

Hopefully the other neighbouring leagues also take a stand and refuse to recognise it.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Yardy Lard » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Well it is up to the leagues to police it, so if the GSFL choose not to recognise it, good on them.

The way I understand it, the players only get allotted points if they move to clubs outside of the SAAFL, but are free to transfer to other clubs within SAAFL as 0 point players. Should be either adopted across the board or not at all.
Should also apply to B-Grade footballers transferring into the SAAFL, should not be all about protecting the precious old scholars bloc.

Hopefully the other neighbouring leagues also take a stand and refuse to recognise it.

You can understand the SAAFL taking a stand against good B Grade players taken from the amateur clubs, especially the top D1 clubs who are being raped and pillaged at the moment.

However, it is also the rights of the individual leagues to take their own stands. Personally, I thought it ridiculous to have 2 points on a D3 Reserves player. D1 Reserves yes 2 points and the D2 Reserves with 1 point and thats it. Will be interesting to see how this pans out, and if the country leagues actually go through with it, and just not recognising what the SAAFL think is their rights to impose these points. The SAAFL are not that popular with so many leagues or associations, the SANFL, junior leagues and many others at present. so the outcome will be interesting to see if everyone sticks to their guns. The junior issue will be huge, to see who the winner is of this one, as it has far reaching outcomes.

Also it would be ridiculous of the country leagues to impose any points on their B Grade players as the SAAFL would just do the same and not recognise them. Also you would not find any SAAFL clubs in D1 to D3 even contemplating a B Grade player from a country league for recruiting purposes. Simply they are just not good enough. There are many fine players in the country leagues, but it is restricted to the top 7 or 8 players from each club, for who would make it in D1 football.

Yes the B&L league is a D2 competition. and Tanunda or Barossa Districts would not get within a bulls roar of Broadview or any of the top 6 or 7 clubs. Would be highly competitive with the bottom D1 clubs. They also would not beat a top 3 club in D2 either. No one can argue with you UNCLE SAM on other areas you identified about the strengths of the B&L league, but the playing strengths of the competition. is one you are seeing through rosy coloured glasses.

Love the football in the B&L. Great atmosphere, great ovals, great sponsors. The crowds in minor round games is significantly higher than the SAAFL D1 competition. The day is much better, as it is a community event. with the football and netball. The clubs do a brisk trade at the bar after the games and well over 150 meals cooked in the clubs that night. The Grand Finals of the Barossa League its eons in front the SAAFL as game and an event. However, lets not get carried away with the standard, as it is just what I described.
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby field of dreams » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 am

I don't know that the league (GSFL) are making a stand as such, it is more about an individual case on its merits. My understanding is:

a) The memo from the SACFL listing the APPS changes recommended to the SA Footy commission dated 25 September. There was no mention of the addition of the Div 1,2 and 3 reserves to the Category 2 list.

b) Having not made finals VH was able to get on the front foot early to get our list sorted early for next year....signed 2 players (I believe there were 2 involved originally but probably only 1 in the end) under the knowledge that they would be zero pointers.

c) when this change came to light (via this forum!) the league was contacted and they had no knowledge of the change either. If it wasn't for this forum, we and they probably still wouldn't know of the change.

As far as I know, he/they will be assessed as zero pointers because of the above circumstances.

My issue was not the change but the lack of communication. What if we had already signed 3 3 pointers (thus filling our points quota) and 2 Div 1,2,3 reserves players??? Sanity seems to have prevailed.

Personally I don't have a problem with the change but then I am in no position to say whether D1, D2 or D3 should rank as 2 points.
I do know there are some damn good players running around in lower SAAFL grades for one reason or another (eg Perrie) and these guys are obvious targets for recruiting. But if clubs were prepared to stump up $$ for guys that aren't up to A grade standard in their respective leagues (points or no points) , then more fool them.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 am

All transfers with in the SAAFL from 1 club to another of A Grade players are 2 pts as per the 2011 SAAFL AGM

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

This is gospel from the SACFL.

The only reason why your league did not know about this rule was due to the fact that your league rep to the SACFL failed to turn up at the last regional meeting when the vote was taken.

This has been advised to the GSFL executive by Glenn Rosser.

I'm sorry to say that it is now gospel and all D1R, D2R & D3R players are now worth 2pts when transferring outside the SAAFL.

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:47 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

All transfers with in the SAAFL from 1 club to another of A Grade players are 2 pts as per the 2011 SAAFL AGM

Why not 3 points from div 1, 2 & 3?
Thats what they get allocated in the other leagues.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Each league is allowed to have their own rules internally in the APPS

As I have said before it would be good if everybody on this forum to read the APPS. Then people might know the rules and have a better understanding of this woeful document.

1 set of rules does not fit all.

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy