APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Postby Executive Member » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:51 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Each league is allowed to have their own rules internally in the APPS

As I have said before it would be good if everybody on this forum to read the APPS. Then people might know the rules and have a better understanding of this woeful document.

1 set of rules does not fit all.

SAAFL delegates are looking at making all Broadview players 0 points internally unless their delegate shuts up about how bad the point system is :roll:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Yardy Lard » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Each league is allowed to have their own rules internally in the APPS

As I have said before it would be good if everybody on this forum to read the APPS. Then people might know the rules and have a better understanding of this woeful document.

First of all you said it is gospel and that is now official that it is 2 points to transfer from the SAAFL clubs to the country. Then you said each league is allowed to have their own rules internally in the APPS.

Which one is it FE?

With all the different leagues having their own rules on the AAPS, that it would be up to each league themselves, what rules they adopted.

Let us know FE - which one is it?
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:

First of all you said it is gospel and that is now official that it is 2 points to transfer from the SAAFL clubs to the country. Then you said each league is allowed to have their own rules internally in the APPS.

Which one is it FE?

With all the different leagues having their own rules on the AAPS, that it would be up to each league themselves, what rules they adopted.

Let us know FE - which one is it?

2PTS was approved by the SACFL for external transfers of D1R, D2R & D3R players

2pt transfer within the SAAFL was approved by the SAAFL delegates which we are allowed to do by the SACFL
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Champ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

Each league has to adhere to the points system.
Each league however is also responsible for assessing applications from clubs regarding allocations of points.
Each league is also responsible for governing the points system within their league - weekly.

If the SACFB place a rule that Div 1-3 B'Graders are worth X amount of points then that's what they are worth.

Country leagues big and small are run predominately by volunteers who find it much easier to go with the rules that are set down by the SACFB than go against the grain and make up their own.

I'm also led to believe that all leagues who are members of the SACFB are all governed by the rules and regulations as set down by the board.

So at the end of the day, the points will be the points. If clubs require more points they need to hit their local league up with an application and some third party deals like free tickets to the GF....
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby cracka » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 am

UNCLE SAM wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
What have you been smoking Shrek, wouldn't even get close but would probably beat your pack of Spuds and we would still clean you up easy.

Just remember Shrek you were a member of the Kilburn side that copped the biggest ever belting from a Broadview side by 158pts.

Yep we stank that year. But loyalty means you stick out the tough times. Can say that even though we sucked, at least I played A grade footy unlike you, you hack.

I played in a different era to you Shrek. You were probably still in nappies when I was playing.

There were reasons why I didn't play A Grade If you knew then you might understand so until you know be careful who you call a hack

FOURTH ESTATE you are a wanker.The Might Tanunda Magpies would belt the shit out of Broadview, would be 10 times more financial, have 10 times better facilities ,10 times more sponsors and have 10 times more supporters than bloody Broadview.
You should get past Elizabeth and see the standard of country footy and then you would see that the top 4 teams in the BL&G would be very competitive in the SAAFL Div 1 comp.
If your Div 1 clubs only use 7 points why then allocate 15 to all clubs and make it a sliding scale like in the BLG.Hell we only get 3 points for the last 5 years and we still have 4 premierships to our name.
Sure the college clubs and those coming up maybe should get 15 but not all the rest.
What crap that Div 1 and Div 2 clubs don't pay big money you must think we are stupid out in the country.
I will personally organise a trial gam with Broadview next year against Tanunda and we will see how we compete you moron.

Just wondering if this trial game is going ahead
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Sharkys » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Vinny Urbancic should be worth 7 points
Sharkys

Postby Champ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

Anyone got a copy or link they can post of the 2013 APPS
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Sharkys wrote:Vinny Urbancic should be worth 7 points

Not according to the kids on the Seaton scoreboard

http://www.sanfl.com.au/files/_system/File/PDFs/Community%20Football/Community%20Football%20League%20Regulations%20Updated%20December%202012.pdf
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Rat Catcher » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 am

Has anyone heard that for the current APPS review, it was thrown around at the Country Championships in Port Pirie last week that they are going to try and introduce a slary cap of some form in conjunction with the APPS.

I thought that was the reason the APPS came in the first place - money. In any case, if money is ruining a particular league because some rich cocky has dicovered oil on his block, I can't see him stopping have a wink wink say no more type arrangement with the local president just because CFL says you can't.

What is worrying is the bloke who told me is normally on the money (pardon the pun) and whats even more worrying if it is true is these blokes are in charge of community footy.

What I don't get is why a league needs to be told by the bureaucrats with their snouts in the trough whats good for them. If imports and high wage bills are causing problems, do something about it. The BLG had their ownimport rule long before the APPS or salaray caps came into vogue. If anything, from the outside it looked their system was far better than the current points system

Anyways, just sayin
Rat Catcher
Mini-League

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy