APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 am

The fact you red neck nincompoops are so upset about it would suggest our league has done the right thing by us. Listen, for all we care put 6 point on your B graders, any B grader who can’t get an A grade game for Freeling is hardly on the recruiting list for even our lowest graded team.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:01 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:The fact you red neck nincompoops are so upset about it would suggest our league has done the right thing by us. Listen, for all we care put 6 point on your B graders, any B grader who can’t get an A grade game for Freeling is hardly on the recruiting list for even our lowest graded team.

Did you write this book?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am

Nah just no more Mr Nice Guy on this topic to the uninformed country yokels who can't even read
Last edited by FOURTH ESTATE on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 am

Executive Member wrote:If country Leagues want to make B Grade players 0 points then go for it, I dont think it will matter one bit to any SAAFL club

Over 80% of SAAFL clubs play with 7 or less points each week and the fact that a B Grader from the country comes in as 2 and might play A Grade wont put to much pressure on a majority of clubs

The standard of Div1 & D2 B Grade would see the top 5 or 6 in the top 5 or 6 clubs play A Grade in most country Leagues, not superstars but would generally help a country club as a 12-21 type player

This year seen Sacred Heart's B Grade get picked off because they were worth 0, hence the request for the rule which was supported by country zones, as was the move for Hills Country players to now be worth 3 points
But to put into perspective I dont know any SAAFL Club that goes and targets a swag of B Grade players from a country club because they are worth 0 points

So a club is shattered that blokes who aren't in their best 22 want to seek an opportunity elsewhere... here's a thought, if they are so valuable to your club, play them in YOUR a grade, then no issue to anyone. Or do SAAFL clubs pride themselves on 'reserves' flags now????

Dont get me wrong, reserves flags are great, great to play in etc, but surely your club doesn't strive to win them, get promoted or relegated because of them, which really puts their importance into perspective.

If they are loyal club people they won't leave in the first place, and if they are good enough to be that important to your club, they should have played enough A Grade to be worth points anyway!

So you can bag the standard of country clubs, carry on that their players or B graders aren't worth a squirt in your leagues, but your talking about the same players at your own club that YOU obviously dont rate good enough in the first place.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby heater31 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm

SHOC had their depth players taken away from them which got them to division 1.

Most division 1 reserve players would play regular A Grade at clubs from division 4 down.

Division 1 clubs were unfairly targeted and they did something about it.

Country clubs will just have to save more pennies and then find a superstar to target.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:37 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Nah just no more Mr Nice Guy on this topic to the uninformed country yokels who can't even read

How about only making div 1 ressies players worth points?

I can see there is an argument that there are some good players getting around in that grade but I think going lower is pushing it a bit, and definitely pushing it by div 3R.

I would think even making them 1 point players would be sufficient.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Caramels » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:24 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Maybe all those years of country clubs raping the SAAFL and paying ridiculous amounts in player payments has finally come home to roost.

The Country leagues have brought this on themselves.

It won't bite the SAAFL clubs in the backside. Trust me on this one.

Our league has some very progressive people running both the clubs & league and they will always seek out and get the best deal for our competition

It will bite the SAAFL clubs. The country leagues will now just focus on taking the very best players from Div 1 which won't be too hard as they are far better run organisations than any of the SAAFL clubs hence the reason why country leagues have more money to spend than SAAFL clubs.
Have it on good authority some closer country leagues are not happy with this and will also seek to have their reserves competitions allocated 2 points. It won't effect the top divisions but it will effect the lower divisions

Spot on

Money is still ruining footy, not points.
When a BL&G club that wears navy/red can offer an ordinary player $500 a game and then a new coach comes in and increases his payment by 50% to $750 a game, normally run clubs will never be able to compete. Don't blame the points as it used to be the money was on offer for players to travel 2 to 3 hundred kilometres a weekend to earn the big coin, now this same amount is readily available 30 minutes in every direction from the city perimeter.
Caramels
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Would a run of the mill club in Div 1 like Broadview for example be competitive in the BL&G or SFL?

IMO they would be middle of the road just like they are in Div 1 so WTF are their reserves players rated any higher
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Pag » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Nah just no more Mr Nice Guy on this topic to the uninformed country yokels who can't even read

I can see there is an argument that there are some good players getting around in that grade but I think going lower is pushing it a bit, and definitely pushing it by div 3R.

And a very good call on your part.

If any country club is targeting D3R players to play in their A Grade, then they will probably be struggling. Massive gap between D1R and D3R.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Pag wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

And a very good call on your part.

If any country club is targeting D3R players to play in their A Grade, then they will probably be struggling. Massive gap between D1R and D3R.

Some very sensible comments from the elder statesmen of the forum Pag.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Would a run of the mill club in Div 1 like Broadview for example be competitive in the BL&G or SFL?

IMO they would be middle of the road just like they are in Div 1 so WTF are their reserves players rated any higher

Run of the mill my A$$ you obviously know very little about our club.

Competitive??? We would belt the living suitcase out the BL&G & SFL clubs as they are of D3 and bottom of D2 standard at best. Our top 25 players run deeper than those clubs

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Pretty sure Barossa or Tanunda would beat Broadies by 10 goals.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:Pretty sure Barossa or Tanunda would beat Broadies by 10 goals.

South Gawler and Kapunda would also account for Broadview.
Does the arrogance that this Rocket scientist display's run through the whole club?
No wonder they have done nothing since the money tree was put 6ft under
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:31 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Would a run of the mill club in Div 1 like Broadview for example be competitive in the BL&G or SFL?

Competitive??? We would belt the living suitcase out the BL&G & SFL clubs as they are of D3 and bottom of D2 standard at best. Our top 25 players run deeper than those clubs

Surely you jest.
Barossa and Tanunda would be around the mark in D1, maybe not top but would probably play finals.
Kapunda and South could probably hold there own in Div 1 aswell.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:48 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

I watched a couple of Div 1 games and a Barossa game during the finals series, and from never having seen Div 1 before I was very disappointed with the standard. I felt by watching that the Barossa league was a better standard. No way are they Div 2 let alone Div 3!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:03 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Pretty sure Barossa or Tanunda would beat Broadies by 10 goals.

What have you been smoking Shrek, wouldn't even get close but would probably beat your pack of Spuds and we would still clean you up easy.

Just remember Shrek you were a member of the Kilburn side that copped the biggest ever belting from a Broadview side by 158pts.

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 am

daysofourlives wrote:

Does the arrogance that this Rocket scientist display's run through the whole club?

Seldom right and wrong again.
And show some respect to the Late Trevor Thain you ingrate.
Since Trevor passed away

2 A grade Flags
2 C Grade Flags
2 U/18 Flags
5 SAAFL Medallists of which 2 were A grade
Financially sound (Something alot of country clubs can't say)

I think we are doing allright.

We never bother playing the BL&G clubs in trial matches as we want a competitive hit out not and easy 20 goal win over a pack of local yokels

FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

APPS amendments for SAAFL Res players & country clubs

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Since Trevor passed away

2 A grade Flags
2 C Grade Flags
2 U/18 Flags

We never bother playing the BL&G clubs in trial matches as we want a competitive hit out not and easy 20 goal win over a pack of local yokels

Seems as though u guys should play each other off In a trial this year, I will follow with interest, as I believe alot of top country teams would be more than competitive in div 1,
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Since Trevor passed away

2 A grade Flags
2 C Grade Flags
2 U/18 Flags

How bout you say what divisions the flags were in rather than calling them "A" Grade?
There were 6 or 7 different A grade premiers last year
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:50 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:

What have you been smoking Shrek, wouldn't even get close but would probably beat your pack of Spuds and we would still clean you up easy.

Just remember Shrek you were a member of the Kilburn side that copped the biggest ever belting from a Broadview side by 158pts.

Yep we stank that year. But loyalty means you stick out the tough times. Can say that even though we sucked, at least I played A grade footy unlike you, you hack.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy