Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Black Duck wrote:
red strip roo wrote:Was in compass over the weekend & the oval up there looking good.. Have they picked up any players ?

Hayden Fromm, Peter Hoban and Mike Corbett are names floating around. Any news on Maxfield's movements next year?

No news around the traps but i do know last years coach at barkerland is having kittens trying to contact him does this suggest he has returned to compass ??? ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Little Master » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

hoban at compa$$. will dominate
The Little Master
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 pm

The Little Master wrote:hoban at compa$$. will dominate

Unless they have sold that statue in the main street MOOOO they dont seem to be a club that has much coin?
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby The Little Master » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm

statue sold for $14400. so per game he gets?????
The Little Master
Rookie

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 pm

The Little Master wrote:statue sold for $14400. so per game he gets?????

Wow i might build myself one of them there statues! ;) ;) i know that his mate at Goolwa got a bigger statue than that tho"
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby LuvsFooty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Disappointed to miss out on Hoban. He is a huge man. Can't see him losing too many taps
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby Numbers » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 am

Any word on who the medalist is that is apparently leaving Willunga?
Numbers
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby field of dreams » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:00 pm

So its only November but most of the talk is about whats been happening at GPE, VH, Pongy, Compass

Pretty quiet about Creek and Willunga and nothing about Mclaren/Yank/Strath??

Anyone heard anything? WOW - your usually on top of these things?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Muffler » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 pm

field of dreams wrote:So its only November but most of the talk is about whats been happening at GPE, VH, Pongy, Compass

I have heard Strath have recruited Wade Champion and a couple of other ex westies blokes.
They have also been linked to Hahndorf as well though so not sure there.
Also i believe the player that left Willunga was Wes Glass but I'm sure i heard that pissed so the truth to it who knows.
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby field of dreams » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

There was talk of Champion (and Chubb) going to Strath a couple years back I reckon.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Muffler » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 pm

field of dreams wrote:There was talk of Champion (and Chubb) going to Strath a couple years back I reckon.

I know they were playing up at Waleup/Underbool the last couple of years with a couple of my mates, but apparently they aren't going back up there this season so would be looking for a club.
I guess we will wait to find out.
Muffler
Under 18s

Postby GWW » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 pm

Was Champion a Strath local? If so, zero points obviously.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stun72 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 pm

GWW wrote:Was Champion a Strath local? If so, zero points obviously.

Champion is originally from Waikerie.
Played Junior Footy there.
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times

Postby P.B » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 pm

stun72 wrote:
GWW wrote:Was Champion a Strath local? If so, zero points obviously.

Champion is originally from Waikerie.
Played Junior Footy there.

Correct. All close to Simon Munn.
P.B
Under 16s

Postby dogsrbarkin » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:57 pm

field of dreams wrote:So its only November but most of the talk is about whats been happening at GPE, VH, Pongy, Compass

Fair call FOD what is happening with our top 3 from last year
Creek have surely landed some BIG names by now ????? no shortage of spondoolies there......
Yank...go you tigers!!!! 9 player points has hampered recruiting a bit but i am sure there is news..
Willunga-have only got one point player burdett(2) so that leaves them with 7 to spend plenty of room to move there...possibility of 3 new demons
Mclaren i have heard are linked to some sfl club players just over the hill and also a couple of saafl players.
Stuff the cricket lets play on!!!!! ;)
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby BAYSRULE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:32 pm

So I hear the tribunal has met re the Myponga player wacking Billy Neely from behind play AND BREAKING HIS JAW.. finishing Billys season and his finals chances.. and loads more issues attached to this behind play attack.... Remember he pleaded NOT GUILTY way back then...Tribunal suspended it till now.... Well it went to the tribunal and apparently thve found him guilty now.. he has been given 6 matches... ridiculous... then the even more ridiculous issue is that the Pongy Club or HIM not sure who decided that he wouldnt play the last two matches (he was not suspended by the tribunal.. he decided NOT to play)... Well guess what.. There taking those two matches off his sentence.. Makes a huge joke of the tribunal from where I am sitting.. Makes their mandatory reporting even more ridiculous... The bloke pleaded NOT guilty.. they have now found him guilty and literally only given him 4 matches... THOUGHTS
BAYSRULE
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby Muffler » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:24 pm

BAYSRULE wrote:So I hear the tribunal has met re the Myponga player wacking Billy Neely from behind play AND BREAKING HIS JAW.. finishing Billys season and his finals chances.. and loads more issues attached to this behind play attack.... Remember he pleaded NOT GUILTY way back then...Tribunal suspended it till now.... Well it went to the tribunal and apparently thve found him guilty now.. he has been given 6 matches... ridiculous... then the even more ridiculous issue is that the Pongy Club or HIM not sure who decided that he wouldnt play the last two matches (he was not suspended by the tribunal.. he decided NOT to play)... Well guess what.. There taking those two matches off his sentence.. Makes a huge joke of the tribunal from where I am sitting.. Makes their mandatory reporting even more ridiculous... The bloke pleaded NOT guilty.. they have now found him guilty and literally only given him 4 matches... THOUGHTS

Yeah thats poor form by the tribunal. Not sure how the games can be reduced just because he didnt play the last two games of the year, who knows he could have been injured for all we know!
Muffler
Under 18s

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Muffler wrote:
BAYSRULE wrote:So I hear the tribunal has met re the Myponga player wacking Billy Neely from behind play AND BREAKING HIS JAW.. finishing Billys season and his finals chances.. and loads more issues attached to this behind play attack.... Remember he pleaded NOT GUILTY way back then...Tribunal suspended it till now.... Well it went to the tribunal and apparently thve found him guilty now.. he has been given 6 matches... ridiculous... then the even more ridiculous issue is that the Pongy Club or HIM not sure who decided that he wouldnt play the last two matches (he was not suspended by the tribunal.. he decided NOT to play)... Well guess what.. There taking those two matches off his sentence.. Makes a huge joke of the tribunal from where I am sitting.. Makes their mandatory reporting even more ridiculous... The bloke pleaded NOT guilty.. they have now found him guilty and literally only given him 4 matches... THOUGHTS

Yeah thats poor form by the tribunal. Not sure how the games can be reduced just because he didnt play the last two games of the year, who knows he could have been injured for all we know!

That's ridiculous being reduced like that, it sets a precedent that may come back to bite in future incidents,
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby words of wisdom » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:08 pm

As this is a legal/police issue I wouldn't be posting to much about it. Surprised the mods aren't on to it...
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby BAYSRULE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

words of wisdom wrote:As this is a legal/police issue I wouldn't be posting to much about it. Surprised the mods aren't on to it...

Got nothin to do with the legal issue.. They are seperate issues.. The tribunal have met and found him guity.. Who knows what the other stuff is happening... BUT i just think its a serious case of a stupid tribunal decision..
BAYSRULE
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy